Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 23-01-2015, 12:53 AM
CarryingEagle

Eagle that carries a message.

Hello My Relatives,
This question is directed to an elder or anyone who knows about dreams and visions.

I have ancestors from from the Wendake and Nip****ing tribes. Recently, I have been learning about the traditions and culture of the Grandfathers. Recently, I have been learning about Vision quests.

From what I understand most have to seek a vision. I wanted to go on a vision quest to see what my next step in life was. However, in my sleep I believe I may have already received it.

So, here is my dream.

It is unclear whether or not I Was the Eagle, but I saw an eagle flying and it was carrying a message that I gave to him. the message was not to any specific person, and I'm not sure what the message was. I did not speak to the Eagle nor did it speak to me. However, it felt as if we mutually understood each other and it felt as if we were one in the same spirit. The dream also gave me a name. "CarryingEagle" or "Eagle that carries a message".

After trying to interpret the dream I can relate it to my own life. I was just wondering what other people think it could mean.

Also, is it normal to receive a name through a vision? And should I follow the dream? Has the Great Mystery shown me my destiny?

Thank you.
Old 23-01-2015, 02:06 AM
Experiencer

Hello and Welcome to the forum and in particular this section of it..
I am wondering why your Tribal group name was **** censored.. Odd that. I have to say I am not familiar to the specifics of your nation..

For some reason I knew you were going to say you saw an Eagle in your vison.. Probably because for years after, I had a similar experience, in that I saw what I assumed to be an eagle in the thernal of the Grand Canyon south rim.. I tried to interpret it and its significance. It turns out that there are no eagles in the GC, they are all Condors.. I didn't know this until I visited the canyon.. So my quest brought me to that place..

Think about what an eagle does, it swoops on its prey and grasps it in its claws, thus carrying it off to its nest.. Maybe it could be interpreted as carrying eagle.. or maybe One who carries an eagle.. ( A Lakota friend I know carries an Eagle staff..) Think of the characteristics of an Eagle... there is such stregnth.. After all Great Mystery knows all..

I'm sure there will be an answer for you...
Nanaste
Old 23-01-2015, 03:30 AM
CarryingEagle

I apologize, my ancestors come from the Great Lakes region of Canada. One of the tribes are Wendake or Wyandot (Huron) (Lived as the Iroquios, but were not part of the confederacy). And the other was Nipi ssing (one word lol) (Algonquian). Im not sure what clans.

And I should have been a bit more specific. The eagle was not carrying anything in its claws but it was flying. It is hard to explain but in the dream it felt as if I was telling the eagle a message to deliver it to someone (but nobody specific). All of this was without words, but the Eagle understood me, and I understood it (as if we were one in spirit.)

Perhaps, In time all will be clear... It is not usual that I even remember my dreams, but this one was different.

"A great vision is needed. And the one who has it must follow it just as the Eagle seeks the deepest blue of the sky." Tashunka Witco.

Thank you Medicine woman.
Old 23-01-2015, 03:39 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman
Hello and Welcome to the forum and in particular this section of it..
I am wondering why your Tribal group name was **** censored.. Odd that. I have to say I am not familiar to the specifics of your nation..

Nanaste

I think it got censored because, unfortunately, the English language recognized the name of this First Nation as including a profanity - which is not a bad word in the original Algonquin language.

I recognized the name of the nation I think the OP tried to mention.

Here is a link to the First Nation I think the OP is referring to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ni****ing_First_Nation

Mods, I'm not trying to "sneak" anything in here. This is the legitimate name of the First Nations People in their original language!
Old 23-01-2015, 03:40 AM
Raven Poet

Yep - got blocked again.

The parts blocked form a word that refers to a profane label for urine in the English language. Starts with p ends with ess.

That's kind of an annoyance! It's our Language!
Old 23-01-2015, 03:47 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryingEagle
Hello My Relatives,
This question is directed to an elder or anyone who knows about dreams and visions.

I have ancestors from from the Wendake and Nip****ing tribes. Recently, I have been learning about the traditions and culture of the Grandfathers. Recently, I have been learning about Vision quests.

From what I understand most have to seek a vision. I wanted to go on a vision quest to see what my next step in life was. However, in my sleep I believe I may have already received it.

So, here is my dream.

It is unclear whether or not I Was the Eagle, but I saw an eagle flying and it was carrying a message that I gave to him. the message was not to any specific person, and I'm not sure what the message was. I did not speak to the Eagle nor did it speak to me. However, it felt as if we mutually understood each other and it felt as if we were one in the same spirit. The dream also gave me a name. "CarryingEagle" or "Eagle that carries a message".

After trying to interpret the dream I can relate it to my own life. I was just wondering what other people think it could mean.

Also, is it normal to receive a name through a vision? And should I follow the dream? Has the Great Mystery shown me my destiny?

Thank you.
Booshoo, CarryingEagle. Welcome to SF.

I will not say I am an expert at dreams and visions. But I've had some of my own, and I've also had some teachings shared with by my local Elders from the Ojibwe or Anishinaabe Nation about the power of dreams and visions - especially like the one you described.

Yes, it is very possible to receive a name through a dream or a vision. It was meant to come to you. We don't always need an Elder or a Medicine Person to help us find our Spirit Name.

It sounds like a beautiful dream. I think your Nation is related to mine - they are both from the mother Algonquin nation. And according to our teachings here, Eagle is the messenger between this world and Creator, Kitchi Manitou.

Honour that gift! Put down Asemaa - Tobacco for it (or however you've been shown to show respect and gratitude for gifts from Spirit). And - follow the answers inside you. We each have a direct connection to Creator.
Old 23-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Suspended
I am happy to inform you that there are many Eagles at and in the Grand Canyon. The Bald Eagle hangs out down by Colorado River. He fishes the waters and roost on the cliffs and ledges, watching for fish, and other Eagles. He is always bothered by the Ravens who learn their fishing habits.

Also the Golden Eagle is common at the Grand Canyon. They hunt and scavenge in and near woodlands along the rims. I often see them eating road kill along the roads in and near the park.

In the dream the Eagle is a part of your self. That is why you felt as one with the Eagle. The Eagle sees far, and comes from Illumination. The Eagle was trying to bring its message to you.
Old 23-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Experiencer

Thank you Thunder Bow, I am so pleased to read the above post, as to me in my vision I felt it was an eagle and I was disappointed when a guide on the south rim said it would be a Condor.. I felt it was a Golden Eagle myself..

Thank you too, for clearing up the censor issue ... I just knew you would have some answers...
Old 24-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Suspended
All Condors at the Grand Canyon, have a number attached to the underside of their wings. That is how the Biologists keep track of them. They also have a radio transponder attached to them. If your "Eagle" had a number on it. then it was a Condor. Ga'gii (Raven) is smaller and you will see them everywhere. They are sleak and fly faster than the condor and eagle. Turkey vulture has a light under wing, and are smaller than a Condor.
Old 24-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Experiencer

Well the Eagle vison was 14 years ago but so clear to me that I just had to go to the GC for myself.. Certainly no number..

I sure have seen a lot of wild life since I have been travelling around and visiting those sacred places..
Only one Coyote thought, crossed our path early one morning in Monument Valley.. I was watching the sun rise above the 'Three sisters'... It was as amazing last time as it was the first time...Part of me will always remain in this place...