Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 13-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Guide
Book1 Can someone recommend a book for sex addiction please?

Hi, have a friend who hasn't had any help with Sex & Love Addicts Anonymous. He said he found it too restrictive.

Does anyone know of a successful book dealing with sex addiction, or alternative therapy, that produces results?

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul
Old 13-09-2011, 12:18 PM
iolite

EFT should help. Also, perhaps a full physical workup and blood tests to see if his problem has a physical component -- ie hormones out of wack, maybe testosterone level on the high end of the scale??

http://www.livestrong.com/article/28...levels-in-men/
Old 13-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Medium_Laura

Has he tried some self love techniques? Seems he is looking for it on the outside. Iolite is right too, medical work up is necessary.
Old 13-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Enlightener

The Kama Sutra

sorry, couldn't resist that one
Old 13-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Racer X

"Sexual Energy And Yoga by Elisabeth Haich"

This will not restrict anything but rather, increase his understanding of Sexual Energy in a way he may be moved to change on his own accord.

"The Secret Of The Golden Seed by Richard Wilhelm" , is another but not as detailed.
Old 14-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Guide
Thanks guys. Yes he's had the medical tests, it's a compulsive behavioural based addiction.

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul
Old 04-03-2014, 04:11 AM
AZLifeCoach

"Freedom From Addiction" by Deepak Chopra and David Simon is a fantastic alternative to the traditional 12 steps of any anon group. I've recommended it to several clients who identify as sex/love addicts and I've received wonderful feedback about the processes described in the book. The book is generalized, so it can be applied to more than just sex and love addiction.

Other than that, "Out of the Shadows" by Patrick Carnes is another fantastic book dealing exclusively with sex and love addiction. It loosely follows traditional 12 step methodology, but your friend may find it less restrictive than the SLA "Big Book".

Hope that helps!

All the best,

Dustin
Old 22-03-2014, 01:49 AM
Smilealittlebrighter

Has your friend tried reading "To Thine Own Self Be True" by Lewis M. Andrews? I know that this may seem like an odd suggestion since the book doesn't deal directly with sex addicts.

However I think that this book is wonderful about helping a person to find themselves - whether they are addicted, depressed, or simply struggling with their life. My mother bought me this book when I was suicidal and struggling with sexually related issues.

It really did change my life reading it. It's beautiful! It really helped me to connect with myself and see what I was struggling with. I wish the best for your friend's recovery, I'll be praying for them.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Suspended

All addictions and obsessions are the result of 'thought-forms' or 'elementals' we have created over many lifetimes. The more they're indulged the stronger they become - sex is probably the strongest and most difficult to master. lt's a matter of creating more positive thought-forms, l think, or by meditating on Higher things. it's said when the kundalini rises to a certain level sex is no longer a problem.