Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-05-2011, 07:56 AM
NiteOwl

Your 6th Sense and Psychic abilities

Can you explain or describe what it's like to have your 6th sense/psychic abilities?

I was asked recently to describe what it's like to be psychic, but all I could muster up was, "It's like having your sense of taste, you just have it. You can't describe the experience and what you "know", rather, taste."

Sure I can go into what I see or what I know if given a question, see a pic, etc...but I just had the hardest time being able to find the words.

Opinions?
Old 26-05-2011, 11:21 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteOwl
Can you explain or describe what it's like to have your 6th sense/psychic abilities?

I was asked recently to describe what it's like to be psychic, but all I could muster up was, "It's like having your sense of taste, you just have it. You can't describe the experience and what you "know", rather, taste."

Sure I can go into what I see or what I know if given a question, see a pic, etc...but I just had the hardest time being able to find the words.

Opinions?

I don't have an opinion to offer on this but it's an interesting point you make and one which is similar to a thread I'm running elsewhere.... There I'm again trying to nail what being a 'medium' is - it's a continual, personal struggle.

I shall follow responses to your thread with interest, hoping that there will be some stimulating ideas.
Old 26-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Master
Hi NiteOwl ...I am not sure of the wording 6th sense and I believe every-one is gifted ..psychic..Love the verse Desirata..

Are you asking people what it feels like for them ..seeing something or knowing something..

Like for example : if a person is a conscious channel ..they do pick up an awareness of high energy that feels like billions of active bubbles ( normally behind back). Then the person may Gage instantly if safe or not.this is a knowing through learning differences via experiences over time..as well as using a safe positive belief system...Energy enters the body..And it feels like you are sitting back watching some-one else relay information.

Is this what you mean ??

If not sorry
:)
Old 26-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Mind's Eye

I would say it is just that; a sixth sense. You look at people and just feel their energy, intentions or personality... you just feel them in your gut and in your mind. And when you know something is going to happen, you just know... you feel anxious or sad if the event is not good, or elated if it is good. You just know what is coming and sometimes you even dream it. The dreams feel life real life, not like a usual dream.

So to break it down, you feel it and then you know it. The feeling can be almost physical within you... it is like touching something with your mind and soul...
Old 26-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Master
That's a pretty good description, Mind's Eye. Sometimes you just look at someone and instantly 'know' their intentions. If it's aggressive/bad, I get this 'thrill' butterfly thing and I almost literally suck in my breath, like 'uh oh'~* and my eyes go wide a bit because it takes me by surprise.

Old 26-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteOwl

Opinions?

Wow that's like trying to explain what "love" feels like! lol

I think you did explain it pretty well. Since most of us don't know what it's like NOT to be psychic! lol

I would say it's like having thoughts that aren't yours pop into your head. Like hearing a radio station that is a bit off station and you catch different words and feelings. It is like another "sense", it just kicks in when it chooses to! lol
Old 26-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Wrenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
That's a pretty good description, Mind's Eye. Sometimes you just look at someone and instantly 'know' their intentions. If it's aggressive/bad, I get this 'thrill' butterfly thing and I almost literally suck in my breath, like 'uh oh'~* and my eyes go wide a bit because it takes me by surprise.

I'm coming to terms with the same kind of thing, and learning to trust my instincts regarding people. I would also add that for me instead of 'knowing' their intention, I 'feel' it. For me it's an emotional thing, in the same way that I feel happy or sad, I 'feel' if someone is projecting good vibes or bad ones.
Old 26-05-2011, 01:50 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Wow that's like trying to explain what "love" feels like! lol

I think you did explain it pretty well. Since most of us don't know what it's like NOT to be psychic! lol

I would say it's like having thoughts that aren't yours pop into your head. Like hearing a radio station that is a bit off station and you catch different words and feelings. It is like another "sense", it just kicks in when it chooses to! lol

"most of us"? most? You done a survey then....?

What you've described about words popping into your head doesn't sound like being psychic or I'd also be counted in.....
Old 26-05-2011, 01:50 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenna
I'm coming to terms with the same kind of thing, and learning to trust my instincts regarding people. I would also add that for me instead of 'knowing' their intention, I 'feel' it. For me it's an emotional thing, in the same way that I feel happy or sad, I 'feel' if someone is projecting good vibes or bad ones.

Isn't that empathy?
Old 26-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenna

I know what you mean, and some people project more, a lot more than others.
They don't 'give away' their intentions by expression, or even body language.
It's a definite vibe thing going on. I even had a premonition of someone being shot to death one time, severe stomach pains, thought I was sick and then I heard gunshots and yelling, etc. Right in my neighborhood around the corner.