Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 11-04-2011, 04:44 AM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Clairvoyance - and, similarly, clairaudience - are modes of mediumship.

Seeing lights etc. isn't clairvoyance.

"making contact" with spirit forms is not in itself mediumship....
I'm begging to differ here a little mac ;)

Clairvoyance, audience, sentience, cognizance, etc are also used on the lower vibration when reading psychically. NOT just mediumistically. Whenever we 'see' anything not visible to a 'human' eye we're seeing clairvoyantly - developing the third eye. same as the rest of the 'clairs'. It's only through developing these senses can ones mediumship achieve greater results. But not only that, it also enables one to see everyday situations in a clearer light.

As for the original question .. and going back to Dennis's post - one has to remember we are ALL spirit. The body is just the overcoat as you know.
I myself have brought through 'Spirit' that is still of the earth plane, seeing, feeling, hearing, sensing etc just as if they were deceased when in actual fact they have been very much alive, and these have been the communicators too. Albeit some have been at the latter stages of life, but others have been very much 'with it' so to speak.

It freaked me when it first happened I can tell ya!

Namaste
Jue
Old 11-04-2011, 07:24 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisoc
wage peace
den

Thanks, den, for your further responses. What you've described suggests she's a person who's unusually perceptive. Yes I'd see your wife's attribute as clairvoyance - and clairaudience - and I haven't heard of a similar account.

It's interesting to consider 'where' this guru-guy actually was or, more accurately, where he was projecting himself or his image. On the face of things it certainly sounds like Astral Projection so it's nothing too unusual except for his ability to link to your wife so clearly and dramatically - and her ability to link to him.

Having said that I don't know if anything much is changed by this unusual encounter other than, perhaps, to emphasise that caution should be shown by psychic practitioners who have less clear indications about who their disembodied communicators are.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 AM
mac

Jules: I'm begging to differ here a little mac ;) I welcome your input.

Clairvoyance, audience, sentience, cognizance, etc are also used on the lower vibration when reading psychically. NOT just mediumistically. Fair comment. I should have been more specific by saying 'clairvoyant evidential mediums and mediumship'. Whenever we 'see' anything not visible to a 'human' eye we're seeing clairvoyantly - developing the third eye. same as the rest of the 'clairs'. good point It's only through developing these senses can ones mediumship achieve greater results. But not only that, it also enables one to see everyday situations in a clearer light. You'd have to explain how that works....

As for the original question .. and going back to Dennis's post - one has to remember we are ALL spirit. absolutely! That's a point I've had to make myself in many other types of threads.... The body is just the overcoat as you know.
I myself have brought through 'Spirit' that is still of the earth plane, seeing, feeling, hearing, sensing etc just as if they were deceased when in actual fact they have been very much alive, and these have been the communicators too. You'll already know that I try to use incarnate and discarnate when trying to differentiate between in-the-body and no longer in-the-body ('spirit').

Speaking about 'spirit' is just too vague and confusing for anyone seeking to learn or who (understandably) expects psychics and mediums to be 'speaking' to those who are not alive in this world....

I wonder how many times I've banged on about loose, ambiguous usage of 'spirit' and 'spirits'? Too many some would say! If one does not differentiate, though, between the incarnate spirit form and the discarnate spirit form, and if 'psychic' and 'medium' are used to mean the same thing, then there's no way that others are going to be able to understand the differences.....
Albeit some have been at the latter stages of life, but others have been very much 'with it' so to speak.

It freaked me when it first happened I can tell ya! Yes I can see how startling that would be!

Namaste
Jue [/quote]
Old 11-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Jules

G'Mornin mr mac
Quote:
It's only through developing these senses can ones mediumship achieve greater results. But not only that, it also enables one to see everyday situations in a clearer light. You'd have to explain how that works....
lol I'll try but I've got a bit of brain fog this morning . Developing all the 'clairs' intensifies a medium/psychics perception. It naturally follows during the process that one starts to recognise and 'see' things in everyday life that one has seen during 'readings', therefore being able to equate thoughts and feelings into 'real' life. I can only talk from a personal pov here so bear with me. When I'm dealing with certain people it's now got to the stage where I can 'read' a situation without actually linking in, I suppose the best way to describe it is I have a heightened awareness. Does that make sense?

Quote:
You'll already know that I try to use incarnate and discarnate when trying to differentiate between in-the-body and no longer in-the-body ('spirit').
Yep I do .. but other's who haven't read your posts won't hehe sorry couldn't resist

To me, when communicating with Spirit one goes beyond the realms of the 'human' aspect of the spirit .. and dead or alive that spirit is discarnate anyway.
Quote:
Speaking about 'spirit' is just too vague and confusing for anyone seeking to learn or who (understandably) expects psychics and mediums to be 'speaking' to those who are not alive in this world....
It's vague and confusing enough when it first happens to an experienced medium trust me - never mind joe bloggs down the road! lol.

if one does not differentiate, though, between the incarnate spirit form and the discarnate spirit form, and if 'psychic' and 'medium' are used to mean the same thing, then there's no way that others are going to be able to understand the differences.
Lol I'll TRY not to get on me soap box .. this is why it's IMPERATIVE that people shouldn't try to develop on their own. Like I've said time and again one HAS to learn to differentiate between psychic and mediumistic energies. It's not fair to the sitter otherwise and although the evidence that comes through may be very very similar, there's a vast difference.

What some people fail to realise when starting development is the importance of a 'mediums' job and how much personal responsibility is involved. You are taking someone's (sitter) life into your hands. A sitter usually appears when they are either at a crossroads in their life, can't move on, in grief etc so you're dealing with peoples emotions. To try and pass off a psychic reading as a mediumistic one is wrong in my book. But by working with your guides and helpers, learning to trust and understand what is happening to you, and recognising the differing energies, only then should you offer to give evidential mediumistic readings. That's just my opinion of course.

Namaste
Jue
Old 11-04-2011, 10:53 AM
mattie

Probably Referring To Physicality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
i define it as contact with dead human souls, ...

I assumed 'dead human souls' actually meant the souls of dead humans, referring to their physical presence as dead, not the spirit/soul actually being dead.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
I assumed 'dead human souls' actually meant the souls of dead humans, referring to their physical presence as dead, not the spirit/soul actually being dead.

I already made this point in posting #16....
Old 11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
mattie

? About Difference Between Psychic & Mediumistic Energies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
... Like I've said time and again one HAS to learn to differentiate between psychic and mediumistic energies. ... To try and pass off a psychic reading as a mediumistic one is wrong in my book. But by working with your guides and helpers, learning to trust and understand what is happening to you, and recognising the differing energies, only then should you offer to give evidential mediumistic readings. ...

While your reply makes it obvious you’ve discussed this previously, please bear w/ this request from a site newbie to post the difference between ‘psychic and mediumistic energies.‘

I’ve not seen the prior discussions & am curious about this. A link to the discussion would be OK.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Jules

Lol hi Mattie :) .. apologies - I suppose I did get a bit carried away .. oops

No I'll explain it here as best I can....
Working mediumistically, you are communing directly with Spirit, offering evidence to support that you are actually 'talking to the dead'. Over in the UK we follow something that's called CERT. Communicator, Evidence, Reason, Tie it up - so basically we identify the Spirit who'se communicating with the medium by the info they are presenting. This is usually shown by the personality of them, distinguishing marks, names, appearance etc. Evidence is then presented, ie memories that only the sitter would know about, what is happening around the sitter atm, dilemmas they are facing etc, the reason they came - ie to put the sitters mind at rest, apologise, send love, the message basically and then tie it all together ending the reading with love.

Now working psychically is different in the respect that you don't communicate with Spirit - you're picking up the energy of the actual sitter. The psychic will still pick up through the vibration, some of the evidence that Spirit bring forth - ie certain situations around atm. How the person is feeling etc but it won't be a Spirit energy that's communicating nor will you get an indication Spirit are present.

The only way to recognise this is trust .. in yourself and spirit, working with guides and helpers to show different ways to help you yourself recognise when it's Spirit or not. And 9 times out of 10 you'll notice a slight change. This could be a 'hot' or 'cold' feeling around you, a tingling of your fingers, your head, feet, etc, or even a feeling of butterflies in your stomach - but something will make you aware that Spirit are with you. For instance, when I first started I used to get an itchy left palm. But the more you develop the more you recognise and just KNOW instinctively when Spirit are with you. But the one thing I WILL say is this .. every single Medium works differently - and what may sit right with one won't with another. Make sense?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:30 AM
mac

Jules - G'Mornin mr mac Now it's good afternoon to you, Ju
lol I'll try but I've got a bit of brain fog this morning . Developing all the 'clairs' intensifies a medium/psychics perception. It naturally follows during the process that one starts to recognise and 'see' things in everyday life that one has seen during 'readings', therefore being able to equate thoughts and feelings into 'real' life. I can only talk from a personal pov here so bear with me. When I'm dealing with certain people it's now got to the stage where I can 'read' a situation without actually linking in, I suppose the best way to describe it is I have a heightened awareness. Does that make sense? maybe... I'm pleased to hear that's how it is for you on a personal basis but whether that happens generally would be speculative....

Yep I do .. but other's who haven't read your posts won't hehe sorry couldn't resist No, that's fine. I realise that although I'm constantly banging on about it many will not have read my rantings. I made the point, though, to emphasise how important I feel it to be...

To me, when communicating with Spirit one goes beyond the realms of the 'human' aspect of the spirit .. and dead or alive that spirit is discarnate anyway. not as I use the terms - incarnate = alive in the body, discarnate = alive but not in the body. Yet one more reason to be precise about what 'spirit' really implies.
Lol I'll TRY not to get on me soap box .. this is why it's IMPERATIVE that people shouldn't try to develop on their own. Like I've said time and again one HAS to learn to differentiate between psychic and mediumistic energies. absolutely! It's not fair to the sitter otherwise One might say it's dishonest....and although the evidence that comes through may be very very similar, there's a vast difference. agreed absolutely But if evidential mediumship resembles psychism then there's something fundamentally wrong. Working at psychic energy levels and getting information is NOT (as well you know) evidential mediumship. If it ain't evidence (through identification in some manner) of a discarnate communicator (a 'dead' person) who is connected or related to an enquirer (sitter) then it ain't evidential mediumship.

What some people fail to realise when starting development is the importance of a 'mediums' job and how much personal responsibility is involved. You are taking someone's (sitter) life into your hands. well, sometimes.... A sitter usually appears when they are either at a crossroads in their life, can't move on, in grief etc so you're dealing with peoples emotions. Yes that certainly can be but isn't always the case - again we're back to what folks think that mediums are and what mediums do.... To try and pass off a psychic reading as a mediumistic one is wrong in my book. wrong and dishonest....But by working with your guides and helpers, learning to trust and understand what is happening to you, and recognising the differing energies, only then should you offer to give evidential mediumistic readings. That's just my opinion of course. I'd say it's more than just your opinion, Ju. It's how the Modern Spiritualist church would teach what evidential mediumship is. Getting to that point will take folks different paths but the journey is less important than the destination.

Namaste
Jue
Old 11-04-2011, 11:52 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Lol hi Mattie :) .. apologies - I suppose I did get a bit carried away .. oops

No I'll explain it here as best I can....
Working mediumistically, you are communing directly with Spirit, offering evidence to support that you are actually 'talking to the dead'. Over in the UK we follow something that's called CERT. Communicator, Evidence, Reason, Tie it up - so basically we identify the Spirit who'se communicating with the medium by the info they are presenting. This is usually shown by the personality of them, distinguishing marks, names, appearance etc. Evidence is then presented, ie memories that only the sitter would know about, what is happening around the sitter atm, dilemmas they are facing etc, the reason they came - ie to put the sitters mind at rest, apologise, send love, the message basically and then tie it all together ending the reading with love.

Now working psychically is different in the respect that you don't communicate with Spirit - you're picking up the energy of the actual sitter. The psychic will still pick up through the vibration, some of the evidence that Spirit bring forth - ie certain situations around atm. How the person is feeling etc but it won't be a Spirit energy that's communicating nor will you get an indication Spirit are present.

The only way to recognise this is trust .. in yourself and spirit, working with guides and helpers to show different ways to help you yourself recognise when it's Spirit or not. And 9 times out of 10 you'll notice a slight change. This could be a 'hot' or 'cold' feeling around you, a tingling of your fingers, your head, feet, etc, or even a feeling of butterflies in your stomach - but something will make you aware that Spirit are with you. For instance, when I first started I used to get an itchy left palm. But the more you develop the more you recognise and just KNOW instinctively when Spirit are with you. But the one thing I WILL say is this .. every single Medium works differently - and what may sit right with one won't with another. Make sense?

Sorry but I've got to do this.

you said earlier: "I myself have brought through 'Spirit' that is still of the earth plane, seeing, feeling, hearing, sensing etc just as if they were deceased when in actual fact they have been very much alive, and these have been the communicators too."

But now you're saying.....

"Working mediumistically, you are communing directly with Spirit, offering evidence to support that you are actually 'talking to the dead'."

By using this word "spirit" in such an ambiguous way how do we sort out 'dead' and 'alive' forms? Now I know that you know, and you know that I know, what's meant but that's not helping those who are new to the subject or who don't understand....