Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-12-2018, 03:56 AM
ImthatIm

Forgiveness ?

This was always my biggest adversary. (Forgiveness)

The things in life that I seen as wrong and seen how I was mistreated or taken advantage of. These would be like poison to me when I thought or talked about them. I would struggle to forgive and then think I had, until one day it would pop up again, and I had this seeming never ending battle.
To ground myself in the Love of God was my release from these unforgiving episodes, and they released without trying.
I can't say exactly when or how I made the transition. I know it was a deep self examination of my fear. I had to look at fear all the way to fear of death and then fear of God and His purity (because of my unworthiness or not recognizing my forgiveness)

Without this Love in my life I am a wretched judgmental person.

This Love helped me to see Love in the scriptures, especially in the life of Jesus. I knew this Love was my answer and I believe it may also be yours. Most other things I have found to be noise. But the Love of God, there is true power in Gods Love and this Love resides in all of us.

Any experiences with Gods Love?
Old 17-12-2018, 05:10 PM
ImthatIm

If a mind perceives without Love, it perceives an empty shell and is unaware of the Spirit within.

Darkness is lack of light as sin is lack of Love.

The emptiness generated by fear must be replaced by Forgiveness.

Those who want Peace can find it only by total forgiveness.
Old 17-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
This was always my biggest adversary. (Forgiveness)

The things in life that I seen as wrong and seen how I was mistreated or taken advantage of. These would be like poison to me when I thought or talked about them. I would struggle to forgive and then think I had, until one day it would pop up again, and I had this seeming never ending battle.
To ground myself in the Love of God was my release from these unforgiving episodes, and they released without trying.
I can't say exactly when or how I made the transition. I know it was a deep self examination of my fear. I had to look at fear all the way to fear of death and then fear of God and His purity (because of my unworthiness or not recognizing my forgiveness)

Without this Love in my life I am a wretched judgmental person.

This Love helped me to see Love in the scriptures, especially in the life of Jesus. I knew this Love was my answer and I believe it may also be yours. Most other things I have found to be noise. But the Love of God, there is true power in Gods Love and this Love resides in all of us.

Any experiences with Gods Love?

Forgiveness comes from a place of strength not a place of weakness. If you are injured and need healing it's difficult to think of others until your own wounds are tended too. Hence love yourself first, forgive yourself first and then when you have done so, turn your soul toward others. You can do little in a position of weakness, but in a position of strength you can be generous with your blessings and light on to others.

The most difficult one to forgive and to love is the one you know best, you. If you can love yourself and forgive yourself then you have the strength of spirit to love and forgive others.

Do not fear the one who loves you. Fear and love are opposing forces. If you can love what you fear then how much more can you love what you don't? If you can come in a state of vulnerability to the one whom judges. How much more in a state of peace can you confide in the one whom totally accepts you with unconditional love. There is no judgement in love.

You're not a wretched person. You are worthy of love. Accept yourself without judgement. Only then will you experience true forgiveness.
Old 17-12-2018, 07:41 PM
ImthatIm? I really like you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Angel1

If a mind perceives without Love,
It perceives an empty shell and
Is unaware of the Spirit within.

Darkness is lack of light
As sin is lack of Love.
The emptiness generated by fear
Must be replaced by Forgiveness.

Those who want Peace
Can find it only by total forgiveness.

-IMthatIM

(There, better.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-12-2018, 10:58 PM
ImthatIm

soulforce

I agree. Well said.

Miss_hepburn

Your always spreading wisdom and kindness.
Old 17-12-2018, 11:11 PM
Suspended
Guide

Why forgiveness would not come from a place of weakness? When you understand that you are a mortal man, prone to mistakes, not better than anyone else, it is not easier for you to forgive your neighbour and yourself?

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Old 17-12-2018, 11:53 PM
ImthatIm

Simpleman
Exactly, scripture always says it best.

It is like my righteousness is as filthy rags. His righteousness is true.

My weakness is where His strength can rest and work. I am only strong through his righteousness and Grace.
Old 18-12-2018, 12:15 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Why forgiveness would not come from a place of weakness? When you understand that you are a mortal man, prone to mistakes, not better than anyone else, it is not easier for you to forgive your neighbour and yourself?

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

You can forgive some one in any state of mind, but the one who is strong can forgive and forget. The one who is weak forgives but retains pain. I think the original poster understands what I mean better since he was the one who brought it up.
Old 20-12-2018, 11:10 AM
boshy b. good

a scared individual does not forgive. a stronger asseted individual forgives.