Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 21-06-2011, 04:44 PM
victoria

sylvia browne

i wonder if anyone has come across this author.

i have read several of her books, one that is most recent to me is "the mystical life of jesus"

i wondered how other readers reacted to this book. i found it to be most intersting and most obviously true - i am so easily influenced tho
i even tried to convince the local minister!!

i once'd believed that god, really was an alien..infact, i still do to a degree!!
Old 21-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Gracey

i have read almost all of her books and they helped me with what i needed at the time.
Old 21-06-2011, 05:05 PM
iolite

Sylvia is a well known medium who has just as many followers as detractors. She charges $700 for a reading and has been on tv and famously been proven wrong. One example was Shawn Hornbeck. He was abducted in 2002. In 2003, Sylvia told his parents on live TV that he was dead. Shawn Hornbeck was obviously not dead and was found in 2007 alive. There are many other cases like this as well. If you search on the internet, you will find many of them.
Old 21-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Lunacie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Sylvia is a well known medium who has just as many followers as detractors. She charges $700 for a reading and has been on tv and famously been proven wrong. One example was Shawn Hornbeck. He was abducted in 2002. In 2003, Sylvia told his parents on live TV that he was dead. Shawn Hornbeck was obviously not dead and was found in 2007 alive. There are many other cases like this as well. If you search on the internet, you will find many of them.

Several years ago I had a metaphysical teacher who told me that even Micheal Jordan doesn't sink every basket he shoots. The trouble with being a public psychic is that people are going to pay attention to your misses.

What I don't like about Sylvia Browne is that her beliefs seem to bounce all over the place. It's hard to take spiritual advice from someone who doesn't seem to know quite what she believes.
Old 21-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Master
I like sylvia browne to a degree, I enjoy her books but don't take them too seriously I think she needs to retire and just enjoy life I think her life as a psychic is over in that psychic energy has changed a lot in the past 15 years and she's not that connected anymore
Spiritlite
Old 21-06-2011, 08:51 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria
i wonder if anyone has come across this author.

i have read several of her books, one that is most recent to me is "the mystical life of jesus"

i wondered how other readers reacted to this book. i found it to be most intersting and most obviously true - i am so easily influenced tho
i even tried to convince the local minister!!

i once'd believed that god, really was an alien..infact, i still do to a degree!!

Way back around the early to mid-seventies Sylvia Browne was an occasional attendee at the spiritual New Age church where I took my training. I had occasion to be in her presence and observe her energy several times, and, quite frankly, I was not impressed.

In all honesty, although she did have some smattering of psychic gifts (nothing spectacular, and truthfully substantially less than some of the ministers there!), she was always really all about the money. I predicted that, driven by ambition as she was, she would become very successful and very well known, and indeed she has. Unfortunately, she lost a good deal of what abilities she had in the process, and in my opinion that resulted from missuse of them and from devoting herself primarily to building a name and celebrity status for herself and making a great deal of money. If you read her books, the information in them is never new or original...it's always stuff someone else (or MANY someone elses!) has been saying for years! The general public, uneducated in these matters, snaps them up like hotcakes, lured by her celebrity and (in my opinion un-earned) reputation.

A psychic deserves to be fairly paid.. after all, it's a service, like any other. But your focus can't be to achieve acclaim and fortune! When that happens, the purpose shifts from service of to others to service to self.

I believe the expression is you can serve God or you can serve manna (money), but you cannot serve both. Sylvia charges an exorbitant amount of money for a fifteen minute reading, and if she is wrong (which she often is!) and you dare to say so, she gets mad and lets you have it! I've seen her read on Montel Williams show manys the time and knew and recognized that she was giving incorrect information, but no one ever went back and checked with the people to whom she dispensed her predictions in that flat, matter of fact and unassailable tone to see if they were even CLOSE to accurate...!'

Now her son is also in the "family business", and he too charges a hefty fee. Not as much as momma, but way too much for the average person's budget. Their reputation brings new people in every day, so they don't HAVE to be "right"... all they have to be is available.
Old 21-06-2011, 08:59 PM
nightowl

I have seen this happen with many spiritual teachers. They receive an insight, they share it, they build a reputation on it, they merchandise it, than prostitute it for personal gain and than lose their abilities. I believe there is a lesson in there somewhere...

nightowl
Old 21-06-2011, 09:06 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I have seen this happen with many spiritual teachers. They receive an insight, they share it, they build a reputation on it, they merchandise it, than prostitute it for personal gain and than lose their abilities. I believe there is a lesson in there somewhere...

nightowl

Very true, nightowl...!
Old 21-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Master
LightFilled thankyou for your input, this is what I've felt about her for a very long time.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-06-2011, 02:30 AM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
LightFilled thankyou for your input, this is what I've felt about her for a very long time.
Spiritlite.

I had a prior association with her before she got famous, and it was easy to see she was all about the fame and money. I knew her gifts, such as they were, would be compromised, because she was mis-using them.

She has a HUGE "fan"-base... people who hotly defend her as if she were some kind of patron saint or something! I often wonder at the lack of discernment those people display, and it occurs to me that Sylvia Browne serves a purpose in the earth. The lesson of Sylvia Browne is to see clearly and recognize that she is not in spiritual service as she claims to be but instead advancing her own agenda of fame and fortune. She may even believe her own rep at this stage... I've heard that happens! But she serves a purpose in that she gives neophytes the opportunity to test their powers of observation, energy reading, and discernment. Those that see walk away... those that are deluded by the practiced deceit of a flim-flam artist will learn their lesson another day. I believe that is why spirit allows her to continue in her game... because she serves the light by giving others an opportunity to see through her act.