Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Pathfinder

It doesn't sound fun and I wish you progress with overcoming it ..those constant future thoughts.

Yes, meditation and taking time alone seems to be very integral in the practice of being mindful...

It's weird though isn't it that the body would have physical reactions to something "we know is intellectually only hypothetical!!!!" I mean its almost crazy right?!

Something interesting on reptilian brains I was reading about the other day...

http://integratedwellness.com.au/articles/three-brains/

Lets see if I'm able to post links yet. I just thought it was interesting
Old 18-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Pathfinder

It got me thinking that maybe the experience of watching the mind..is like the higher brain either 1 or 2 watching that reptilian brain no. 3... just musings...
Old 18-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
It doesn't sound fun and I wish you progress with overcoming it ..those constant future thoughts.

Yes, meditation and taking time alone seems to be very integral in the practice of being mindful...

It's weird though isn't it that the body would have physical reactions to something "we know is intellectually only hypothetical!!!!" I mean its almost crazy right?!

Something interesting on reptilian brains I was reading about the other day...

http://integratedwellness.com.au/articles/three-brains/

Lets see if I'm able to post links yet. I just thought it was interesting

Thanks for sharing, Christy. I think I have a reptilian brain.
Old 18-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Hahaha I like the irony you mentioned about returning to the "real world" wouldn't it be great though to be completely cleansed and to be in that state constantly? That would be my next step. Who knows where my next step would lead me. I'm just busy manifesting the life I want, getting onto the right vibration, finding some meaningful purpose to spread good understanding the mechanisms of the Universe and recognizing it's calling to me. I'm busy lol
From what I've found, it's not good to stay in that state forever. I think there is a purpose for it to simply be a fluctuating state. Always being in the 'present' Does not give us the chance to truly understand all that life brings. We end up forgetting the past and not worrying about the future. But sometimes doing these things are good, physically, mentally, and spiritually.
My own journey left me in that state for a long time, and while I regret absolutely nothing, I do understand that in becoming that way I lost touch with my past and forgetting what had brought me to become me. I also knew nothing of the future.

That state of presence has a tendency to reveal our true self, but by doing this I think we reveal that the true self is not within this state but in the multitude of states that make one human.
Not just happiness and bliss and enjoyment, but all range of emotions. We must accept that sadness, depression, pain, and hate make us who we are just as much as any other emotion. And without them we are not who we really are.

I believe this realization is what many call 'transcendence'. The state of being that is beyond just one state of existence, but accepts and embraces all of them simultaneously, both overcoming them and becoming a part of them. Therefore one finds peace and resonance with the universe.

But do not think for a moment that accord with the universe affords you any more or any less than you have now. If you believe otherwise then I tell you that you are on the wrong path. The only thing you will find on this path is the Truth, of which is nothing like you would imagine it. I promise you. The price of Truth is one's soul.
Old 19-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Newbie ;)

You had a sudden awakening, the sudden realization that we are none of the things we think we are, nothing identifiable.

There was perhaps a brief period of ecstasy following this awakening, that was very pleasant, somewhat euphoric.

Don't try and regain that experience, this will simply take you back into identification and unconsciousness, a needless frustrating search.

Always remember this,

There is a dimension in every human, that was never really touch by what happened (happens), the eternal, timeless, state of consciousness that is presence, who you are underneath the form that your life takes, your life situation. - Eckhart Tolle (The Art of Presence)