Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 03-07-2011, 02:25 PM
georgeTmaxwell

When nature disrupts humanity...

I love reading or hearing about stories when nature has caused havoc with humanity and business.

For example, there were two situations this week.

The first was in New York Airport where the jets were delayed by around 30mins because there were turtles on the runways. When spotted by a pilot, the air traffic controller had to call for a service truck to come and remove them. They showed a photo of about 20 turtles in the back of a pick-up.

The funny thing is the turtles do this every year as they cross the runway to get to a beach to lay their eggs. The good thing is at least they respected the turtles enough to avoid them.

The other story was in Scotland where they had to shut down two nuclear reactors because of jellyfish. The reactors are cooled by sea water and there were so many jellyfish that they clogged up the inlet pipes. My guess is they were not as kind to the jellyfish as they were to the turtles in New York.

Does anyone else have any nature causing havoc stories???

@georgeTmaxwell
Old 10-07-2011, 03:30 AM
Distortedsoundz

i must say, that is pretty awesome that they removed the turtles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeTmaxwell
I love reading or hearing about stories when nature has caused havoc with humanity and business.

For example, there were two situations this week.

The first was in New York Airport where the jets were delayed by around 30mins because there were turtles on the runways. When spotted by a pilot, the air traffic controller had to call for a service truck to come and remove them. They showed a photo of about 20 turtles in the back of a pick-up.

The funny thing is the turtles do this every year as they cross the runway to get to a beach to lay their eggs. The good thing is at least they respected the turtles enough to avoid them.

The other story was in Scotland where they had to shut down two nuclear reactors because of jellyfish. The reactors are cooled by sea water and there were so many jellyfish that they clogged up the inlet pipes. My guess is they were not as kind to the jellyfish as they were to the turtles in New York.

Does anyone else have any nature causing havoc stories???

@georgeTmaxwell
Old 25-09-2011, 05:04 AM
feralfae

Well, hurricane Irene certainly seemed to muck up some people's lives. I love hurricanes though. When our town evacuated we stayed. It was calculated -- by the time the storm got to us it was down to tropical.
Old 25-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Experiencer
In Toronto, they closed down a major highway, in rush hour, for about 15 minutes to allow geese and their baby goslins to cross the road.
Old 26-09-2011, 01:16 AM
georgeTmaxwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenstar
In Toronto, they closed down a major highway, in rush hour, for about 15 minutes to allow geese and their baby goslins to cross the road.

LOL. Something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK5A83wNzR8

gTm