Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 20-12-2010, 03:04 PM
lmnop

greetings

hi all,

i could have sworn i'd posted in welcome last week when i joined, but here goes again.

i'm looking for people who are interested in exploring no self.

if the idea that 'you' or 'me' doesn't exist
has some sort of click or curiosity with you

please hit me up.
Old 20-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Gauss

Hi there,

it depends on what you mean.

Eliminating the concept of "karmic self" is what I am after in Falun Dafa cultivation, eliminate desires and emotions and break through the shell of black karma.

But my true self is the real me and he is who I care about because he is pure and benevolent without bad thoughts, karma or bad notions.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Spirited

Hi there, welcome to the forum nice to have you on board.
Old 21-12-2010, 07:12 AM
lmnop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss
Hi there,

it depends on what you mean.

Eliminating the concept of "karmic self" is what I am after in Falun Dafa cultivation, eliminate desires and emotions and break through the shell of black karma.

But my true self is the real me and he is who I care about because he is pure and benevolent without bad thoughts, karma or bad notions.

Hi Gauss,

There's no beef here with beliefs and practices.

It's just that there's no separate 'you' who is holding those beliefs and practices.

There's no separate 'you' who is going to get something from embracing those practices and beliefs.

There's no way to deal with the possibility that what is being said is true, than to honestly than to look for this 'you' and find out if it is real.

Check it out.
Old 21-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Gauss

I am not sure what you are saying.

I use my Fa(theory) to have a great tool to get ahead as quickly as possible and eliminate my desires and emotions in daily life. But the cultivation must be done by you yourself, there is no free lunch no matter which school you follow. It is very hard to change a person and only the person himself can do it.

You know in Buddhism and many other religions they also speak about this and a monk is severing all connections to the material world and his emotions and desires.

In my case I live like normal but care less about worldly matters and temptations while living in it as a good person.

And I must follow Truth-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life of course.
Old 21-12-2010, 08:39 AM
lmnop

Truth can not be followed. Truth is apparent all the time. Truth is evident for the seeing in any moment.

If you set aside the assumption that there is a 'you' that could get ahead, a 'you' that desires or doesn't desire, a 'you' having emotions, it is seen that progress happens, desires arise and abate, and emotions come and go.

No part of universal life disappears, when the assumption that there is a separate 'you' is set aside.

Yet, all struggle AS this separate 'you' is ceased.

I don't know anything about the path of Falun Dafa, and I don't think it has anything much to do with the fact that, Falun Dafa practice or not, there is no 'you'.
Old 21-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmnop
Truth can not be followed. Truth is apparent all the time.
Yet, all struggle AS this separate 'you' is ceased.

Exactly, and that separe "you" is a horrible thing that needs to be eliminated.

When one achieves that objective one is set free from the reincarnation loop and reaches the "Arhat" level.. Anyway, easy to say hard to do...
Old 23-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Darkest-Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmnop
hi all,

i could have sworn i'd posted in welcome last week when i joined, but here goes again.

i'm looking for people who are interested in exploring no self.

if the idea that 'you' or 'me' doesn't exist
has some sort of click or curiosity with you

please hit me up.

Lost my initial one too, plus the other intricaices here

welcome, and (without meaning disrespect) HUH?

exploring no self?

I may be an elder, but that one got to me