Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 05-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Alpha-Taurus

Question Whaaaat?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in or if it's even relevant at all but I thought I'd share it anyway.

I often invoke affirmations consciously but I rarely have them happen seemingly from an external force almost. I was walking with a friend yesterday on my parents property (about 45 acres of bush, fields and ponds). I was disgusted at the amount of garbage of all sorts people had dumped there. I remember thinking how angry I was that people could do that then for some reason I pictured a hawk or eagle flying above almost as a sentry protecting and incriminating such people from such actions. Then I pictured myself with a head band and a single (very large) brown feather attached to it. I thought very cool but then pushed it aside in my mind and thought nothing more of it. Then about 20 minutes later I was walking back along the path and felt enticed to walk into some brush off the path at one particular spot. To my amazement I found a HUGE brown feather just like I had pictured in my mind just before. I of course picked it up and took it home and it is now hanging up on my wall until I figure out it's purpose and meaning, if anything other than that.

I know some, or most people will say this is just a coincidence and a pretty uneventful one at that lol. But I must say there is some meaning and beauty to this. Something literally put it in my mind and led me to it. I have always loved and respected birds, especially big birds of prey. I'm sure I was led to it for a reason and it symbolizes something to me but I am for now unaware of what.

Anyway I just wanted to share that while it was still fresh in my mind. I thought it was pretty amazing myself. If anyone has anything thoughts or ideas as to any meaning behind it I'd love some feedback as well. Thanks in advance everyone.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:33 AM
New Rage Guru

Your thoughts at the moment of understanding the birds perspective would of trancended time to grant you an affirmation of thanks through the feather.
Cooool.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Master
That was a wonderful experience, AT. I identify a lot with and really love crows, and one day happened upon a perfect crow feather at a beautiful park. I have it in a glass container on my bar. When individuals put out energies by what they think and feel, it draws those elements to them. It seems like more and more birds are practically flying into my vehicle window or seem to fly in such a way to be noticed. Birds are so symbolic of the ability to get that bigger picture of life.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:31 AM
jjj

Feathers are gifts. :) That is beautiful.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Alpha-Taurus

NRG, I thought it was pretty cool too :).

That is awesome Silvergirl. I love crows/ravens as well (Raven is my favourite bird). I love listening to them and watching them, so wise and intelligent. I have kept the feather in safe place as well. I agree Jjj feathers are definitely gifts :).
Old 11-05-2011, 12:34 PM
New Rage Guru

I once had a screwed up dream were I was being held down by demon type things and ended up waking from it several times unable to move as if I was still being held down. I would close my eyes and go straight back into the dream. My friend whose house I was staying at believed I had an evil energy attached to me.
She cut this energy away with a huge eagle feather she had been given by an American Aborigine.
I don't know if the feather did anything but I've never had a dream like it again...
Old 12-05-2011, 05:40 AM
Alpha-Taurus

Wow I've actually had a very similar experience NRG. It was about 4years ago now I'm sure. I remember I was sleeping and I don't remember the dream I was having if any but I heard a really scary voice say my name and then I awoke to static vision and kind of a falling down the rabbit whole feeling. I was awake but couldn't move or do anything. After that it started happening in varying frequencies sometimes a few times a week sometimes not for months. I would wake up from a dream and not be able to move and sometimes barely able to breathe. It was really freaky and stressful and I'd always be afraid to go back to sleep. Thankfully it hasn't happened for awhile know and hopefully it remains that way. I'm not sure what it is from although I have heard of sleep paralysis I'm not sure if it's quite the same or not. It would be interesting to know if the feather helped you or not. Either way I'm glad you haven't had a similar occurrence again.
Old 13-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Rivendoah

Perhaps the eagle or hawk is your animal totem... you might want to look online to figure out what type of bird the feather comes from... and maybe seek how that animal guide can help you on your path... nothing happens in this life without a reason... at least this is how it seems to me... thanks for sharing your story!
Old 13-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Master
Atlas--

Yes, I agree with Rivendoah--you might want to find out what kind of feather it is.

There is a great site called Feather Atlas that has pictures of all kinds of feathers.
http://www.lab.fws.gov/featheratlas/

I do this because my guide is Native American (or indigenous at least) and I've sort of worked out a communication through feathers. I find them and then have to look up what the Native American interpretation of that bird is. It can be really enlightening.

Let us know what it is if you do find it.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 24-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Alpha-Taurus

Hey guys,

I've looked at some pictures online and the feathers is from one of 2 birds. It's either a bald eagle or a vulture. Vulture feathers appear to be a lot darker so I'm quite sure it is a bald eagle feather. I am very certain there are bald eagles in that area and have even seen a bald eagle nest within a couple of kilometres of where I found the feather.

Is anyone aware of the meaning and significance of the eagle feather? I'm also trying to think of a special way of keeping it. Some sort of ceremonial shrine if you will. I'd hate for it to get recked and want to honour and cherish it forever.

Blessings,

AT