Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 03-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Joshua_G

There are different schools.
Yoga has eight limbs.
Sticking one's mind to the words of this doctrine or another is one thing.
Actually and experientially realizing the Ultimate Reality is a completely different thing.
The Ultimate Reality cannot be known by the mind, it can be known by a direct, experiential realization.
Prior to Self-Realizations, different doctrines are seen by the mind as different and contradicting.
Upon attaining Self-Realization the Ultimate Reality is known for what it is, beyond the words used by various doctrines.
Some people prefer to adhere fanatically to certain doctrine. Others are intent on actually realizing the Ultimate Reality -- which is beyond all words and doctrines.

In any case, whatever the actual truth may be, verbal arguments between followers of different doctrines are absolutely futile.
It looks to me that each and every individual will benefit the most by following whatever practices one may choose. Verbal debates and arguments are only waste of time and energy, the lead nowhere.

As for those who adopted a missionary role -- let it be.
I'm not to tell anyone what's good and what's bad, what to do and what not to do. I can only share my own experience with all who may be interested. To my view and experience, what counts is what actually works and is proven by actual experience. Different things work for different people. There is no one doctrine and no one path which suits all people. All paths are inherently valid, while different paths suit better different people. Yet, the Absolute Truth cannot be contained in words, any words, for the Ultimate Reality transcends both the mind and words.

To the followers of any path, all I can say is that I wish you success in attaining your goal, whatever your goal may be.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:43 PM
shakshi

The Divine Master points out the folly of dealing with the mayavada advaitin school of vedanta.Whilst this school has been systematically dismantled as mentioned by Ramanuja as early as the 11th century, still, the doctrine persists to the point of, mistakingly being misrepresented as the ultimate conclusion of vedanta today. The Divine Master elaborates that this school is punctuated by an acute degree of envy, for bhagavan, for bhagavan's pure son (the Divine Master/Guru), and bhagavan's bhakta, or devotees. This has been glaringly exhibited in the conversations I've had in this thread and I mistakingly, allowed myself to be drawn into futile debate with ego-mind saturated with envy. Such propounders of this skewed doctrine become preturbed when someone of the dvaita school presents the valid conclusions of vedanta, and they undertake all sorts of fallacious arguments in an attempt to discredit the dvaita school. The Divine Master further explains that as the delusioned self moves towards the purified self, there are a number of obstacles. The obvious impediments to freedom include not realising that detachment of transitory relationships in this world is mandatory and liberating, to the less overt, and more abstract, like lust, greed, anger, and envy. The very reason the conditioned soul finds itself embodied is because of enviousness of bhagavan, so this undercurrent of envy ensures that the conditioned soul remains perpetually in a deluded state in seperation from God. Being unable to rid oneself of envy, the wonderfully deluding doctrine of advaitavedanta, which is of course devised by the Lord to facilitate the enviousness of the conditioned jiva. The Divine Master relates a story of how Shankara is in fact an incarnation of Shiva, who was sent to the earth specifically to devise a misrepresentation of the vedanta such that persons indoctinated by Buddhism would return to the Vedic fold.
The teachings of the Divine Master are the ultimate conclusion of vedanta, they are perfect and pure, and lead the aspiring yogi to the eternal realm of Divine Love (the Kingdom of God). It has been my effort to deflect lies from the truth, and if that has resulted in me being labelled certain terms pertaining to this ephemeral world, then I will live with that!
om shanti
Shakshi
Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 AM
storymaker

Hare Krishna !

Given up or giving peace a chance ?

Love and best wishes to all contributors in this beautiful thread.

SM
Old 08-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Daryl

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakshi
oh@Joshua_G, the Divine Master is om visnupada paramahamsa parivrajakacarya nityalila paramaradhyatam Sri Srimad Bhaktivendanta Narayana Maharaja, the topmost swan-like personality who, like a swan who has the ability to seperate milk from water, is able to seperate the absolute truth from the karmakanda section of the veda, who is the topmost of the liberated souls who has entered mahasamadhi and who is expert in the conclusions of the bhakti school, he is the Divine Master, to answer your first question, which in inadvertently overlooked!
om shanti
Shakshi

Hi Shakshi,

I now understand why you call him the divine master, his name is just too long.

Regards,

Daryl