Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Guide

Book1 A question on mirrors

When your in the astral realm, and you look in the mirror, what do you see?

I sometimes see myself and at other times I do not. Or I will see another person in the mirror next to me.

This last experience puzzles me, I felt my bed and I opened my eye just to peak and I saw my original mirror in my room. In that mirror though I saw an entirely different room in it. Where I could see a person looking exactly like me, playing with someone. I could feel their hugs, their movements, but very vague ones. More like generalized feelings, but idk.... I'm not sure if I was seeing me or someone else, or if it was me just watching myself have fun in a mirror.

I did notice that when I wanted to move and do stuff, my mirror double would do what I wanted. So I'm confused on whether or not it was real or if I was seeing what I wanted to see in my mirror.

Can anyone explain?
Old 02-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseAwakening
When your in the astral realm, and you look in the mirror, what do you see?

I sometimes see myself and at other times I do not. Or I will see another person in the mirror next to me.

This last experience puzzles me, I felt my bed and I opened my eye just to peak and I saw my original mirror in my room. In that mirror though I saw an entirely different room in it. Where I could see a person looking exactly like me, playing with someone. I could feel their hugs, their movements, but very vague ones. More like generalized feelings, but idk.... I'm not sure if I was seeing me or someone else, or if it was me just watching myself have fun in a mirror.

I did notice that when I wanted to move and do stuff, my mirror double would do what I wanted. So I'm confused on whether or not it was real or if I was seeing what I wanted to see in my mirror.

Can anyone explain?

To be honest it could be a lot of things and it's going to be impossible for anyone to realistically tell you for sure what is going on in these situations. I have experienced very similar things when looking in mirrors, I tend not to look in them personally during OOBEs/projections/lucid dreams/etc. because it can be very distracting with what you end up seeing in them and it can lead you away from the original purpose of being there. I have seen myself looking totally different in the mirror, I have seen other spirits/entities walking by or standing there looking at me, the list goes. It could be an actual entity making this happen, it could be your thoughts manifesting in some way, it could just be a distortion of the RTZ (Real Time Zone). Distortions are very frequent in this area and I would bet that at least some of the experiences are due to an RTZ distortion. But that still leaves some answered and honestly I can't tell you for sure what it is. I would say just go with your gut and if you are up to it investigate it more if that's what you desire.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:20 PM
cMarie

I can't explain it, but I think it is amazing. I could see what you were describing in my minds eye, wow! Thank you for sharing. :)
Old 12-03-2013, 05:23 AM
jaydonc

Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cMarie
I can't explain it, but I think it is amazing. I could see what you were describing in my minds eye, wow! Thank you for sharing. :)

This is the same thing i am feeling but it will be scary too.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
To be honest it could be a lot of things and it's going to be impossible for anyone to realistically tell you for sure what is going on in these situations. I have experienced very similar things when looking in mirrors, I tend not to look in them personally during OOBEs/projections/lucid dreams/etc. because it can be very distracting with what you end up seeing in them and it can lead you away from the original purpose of being there. I have seen myself looking totally different in the mirror, I have seen other spirits/entities walking by or standing there looking at me, the list goes. It could be an actual entity making this happen, it could be your thoughts manifesting in some way, it could just be a distortion of the RTZ (Real Time Zone). Distortions are very frequent in this area and I would bet that at least some of the experiences are due to an RTZ distortion. But that still leaves some answered and honestly I can't tell you for sure what it is. I would say just go with your gut and if you are up to it investigate it more if that's what you desire.
I like your comments Astral Explorer. It sounds very good advice. I have only seen myself in the mirror once and it was just me that I saw. It would be very off putting if you saw something else.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
The only one time I looked in my mirror while out of body in my room, there was no reflection of me. I can't remember now what I did see, I seem to recall it was either nothing much at all, or the reflection of the room more or less like normal (probably because that was what I expected to see -I don't know)
At the time I do remember laughing and thinking "aha, this is why vampires aren't supposed to have reflections...maybe it's because I'm an etheric entity now" (well that was my humorous logic at the time!) Anyway I didn't stay looking in the mirror long enough for anything else to happen, I got bored.

But it is really interesting to hear of other peoples' experiences with mirrors
Old 12-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Master
I actually had some mirror experiences in the past two nights of lucid dreaming/projecting. I didn't intend to or look in them or anything I was basically just becoming lucid in the RTZ and infront of me was a mirror and a female spirit was walking by in it. The same thing happened the night before, now I have three female spirits meeting up with me in the astral and the RTZ when I first get out of body. They all told me their names the one who sticks around me the most said her name was "LK". I have a feeling it's the same elemental female taking a new approach with some of her friends. Last week I wasn't sleeping with my Nuummite and was barely having any LDs/APs but now that I am sleeping with my Nuummite I am having several of each every night again. I think it's safe to say Nuummite is a great stone for achieveing lucidity in dreams and projecting. I've been having some interesting experiences in the past two nights.
Old 13-03-2013, 12:29 AM
Guide

Lol nice, glad to see I am not the only one expereincing strange things with mirrors. Well I have a mirror that directly faces me, so it's hard to not look at. And during one AP experience I believe I saw an even bigger mirror that took up the entire wal i was facing while asleepl, and in the mirror there was someone behind me hugging me. I was very strange..

Usually my mirrors or my walk in closet have a different room in them. Idk how that happens it just does...

I once saw a glowing lion! And two cats one black with black powder coming off of it, and a white one with white powder coming off of it. Cats jumped off my bed and when I felt that I opened my eyes and looked down, and that's when I saw them, and then the lion... There were two other animals behind the lion I think... Idk... Can't remember really. All I remember is blacking out while having a conversation with him. He was quite worrie for some reason.... Idk why.
Old 13-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator
Once a black wolf turned up in my room (years ago now) He was calm though not overly friendly but ok. He lay on my bed. I could clearly see my own body under the covers, and this wolf laying down over the top. He had acupuncture needles all down his flanks. I "heard" (like a voice inside my mind rather than a spoken voice as such) him ask me if I could remove the needles, and so I did. Very carefully. And when I'd done that he kind of drifted and disappeared out of the window. I never saw him again.

(sorry, wandered off the "mirrors" theme there. That thing about the lion reminded me)
Old 13-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Guide

I also saw a guy come out of my crystal... I stole his crystal staff and ran off with it... But then I felt bad cause he was about to cry sooo.. I worked for a very long time to get it back to him... Idk if he still upset and angry at what I did. All I remember was asking him if I could touch his crystals he had on a table and he said no in a Really mean way.

there was one person that popped up... Idk why he did it... Well anyway we had an arguement on whether or not I was dreaming. The funniest thing ever... Really sucked cause I kept blacking out and coming back during the whole time! Only remember the arguement, us laughing about something and then saying goodbye I guess... Cause I was tired. So I closed my eyes uncontrollably! And then woke up, wondering where in the world he went! And figured out he couldn't have been in my room cause I had cameras downstairs and mom and dad were doing stuff downstairs! I was very sad that night.

P.S don't worry about the wandering off mirrors part :P I do it all the time!

But yeah... Mirrors are very odd... I see myself in there sometimes and sometimes I see noggin at all... And sometimes I see myself waving at me! Or I will see a totally different room doing junk or I'm not in there at all...