Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Master
Is it the gift of Prophecy or something else?

Lets say hypothetically a christian can interpret dreams and can also close their eyes and see things about other people if they think about them, sometimes hair facial features things they wear and things around them and also sense their character. What would that be, in terms of christian spiritual gifts? Does it fall into any spiritual gift category?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:55 PM
nightowl

It sounds as though what you are experiencing can be validated by the Bible. Remember Joseph had the ability or gift to interpret dreams. You could be experiencing prophetic visions. It sounds to me that you may have the gift of the word knowledge and discernment and often they will go hand and hand with prophetic types of giftings because what you are receiving or sensing you are doing so through the Spirit.

There are different definitions for the word prophetic so much of what you are experiencing would be determined by what you believe falls under the title of prophetic. Hope this helps some, feel free to pm me if you want...

nightowl
Old 04-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Master
Thanks at least i can post this here and get a sensible answer. I am more baffled by the other one not dream interpretation.

In a christian forum the first 5 posts would be about demon possession and the need for an exorcism from the local fundamentalists..lol

the next ten would be helpful advice where I could get my excorcism and the next few would be about what sort of demon it is. lol I dont even bother anymore.

did i say this was about me? I have this friend... lol
Old 04-06-2011, 12:43 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
Thanks at least i can post this here and get a sensible answer. I am more baffled by the other one not dream interpretation.

In a christian forum the first 5 posts would be about demon possession and the need for an exorcism from the local fundamentalists..lol

the next ten would be helpful advice where I could get my excorcism and the next few would be about what sort of demon it is. lol I dont even bother anymore.

I understand God communicates a great deal through the Spirit in the Bible I never understand why some Christian discount supernatural or Spirit influenced experiences, God is Spirit!
Old 04-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I understand God communicates a great deal through the Spirit in the Bible I never understand why some Christian discount supernatural or Spirit influenced experiences, God is Spirit!
Its because of this.in corinthians

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

stuff freaks a lot of christians in case its the devil.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:53 AM
nightowl

Satan gets way to much credit. Do they forget greater is he who is in you then he who is in the world. If you trust in the Spirit of God Satan is but a piece of dust. Whatever you experience test to see what Spirit it is from. God will not call a person to do evil. Using what the Bible teaches gives direction how not to be fooled, don't you think?