Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 05-01-2016, 05:06 AM
Lepus

Hello DavidMcCann,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMcCann
This comes from Gardner's background. When he was a young man, everyone in Britain interested in occult matters knew the Theosophists and Hinduism and got a dose of Indian advaita philosophy: the belief in a single supreme being. Then in the 30s Dion Fortune was a big name in occult circles, with her idea of "polarity" as a fundamental property of the universe: hence the need for a balance of goddess and god.

Like you, I'm a polytheist. People experience gods and goddesses -- lots of them. To say they're all actually experiencing just two is a bit like the Christians saying they actually experiencing just one!

Thanks for the information.

Quills Quiver
Old 05-01-2016, 05:10 AM
Lepus

Hello Jenny Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Yes.....that makes sense Actually I think this answers Quills Quiver's question too about "The One".

Yes.

Also, I would like to thank everyone for answering my questions.

Quills Quiver
Old 05-01-2016, 09:16 AM
Master
When questions get too big, I give up, Quills, but perhaps top of the tree is the universe itself. Considering our own star system, all the planets came from the sun, therefore, our local hierachy would be topped by the sun.

Just one thought on deities. Maybe, there are none and what we regard as deities are, in fact, Spirits of Nature [aspects of Gaia]. I went thro the usual route of Lord and Lady to Gaia but, along the way, I was co-opted by my guide [A water Spirit]. OK I thought now I have a Spirit Guide but one day She manifested and our relationship became very close. She is closely associated with one river in the Yorkshire Dales, oddly a river valley that I have wandered for decades. I have a "temple" and "Altar" on that river, I drink the water when I visit and give back a few drops of my blood. I keep a stock of the water at home and drink a small glass daily. When I visit, we "talk" for hours in meditation. There are other possibilities that are beginning to creep in lately, I do know for certain that I have lived many lives but have lost specific memories which are beginning to slowly emerge under the urging of my guide.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Lepus

Hello norseman,

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
When questions get too big, I give up, Quills, but perhaps top of the tree is the universe itself. Considering our own star system, all the planets came from the sun, therefore, our local hierachy would be topped by the sun.

Just one thought on deities. Maybe, there are none and what we regard as deities are, in fact, Spirits of Nature [aspects of Gaia].I went thro the usual route of Lord and Lady to Gaia but, along the way, I was co-opted by my guide [A water Spirit]. OK I thought now I have a Spirit Guide but one day She manifested and our relationship became very close. She is closely associated with one river in the Yorkshire Dales, oddly a river valley that I have wandered for decades. I have a "temple" and "Altar" on that river, I drink the water when I visit and give back a few drops of my blood. I keep a stock of the water at home and drink a small glass daily. When I visit, we "talk" for hours in meditation. There are other possibilities that are beginning to creep in lately, I do know for certain that I have lived many lives but have lost specific memories which are beginning to slowly emerge under the urging of my guide.

How would you describe the other planets associated with the names of the Roman pantheon deities? Would you say the Greek and Roman pantheons have an influence with any of the celestial bodies (Planets)? You said there are no deities, but merely aspects of Gaia and only Gaia. I know you said maybe, but I am curious if you know the answers to these questions.
I do believe there are elemental spirits surrounding this wonderful planet. I'm glad you have a connection with your spirit guide.

Last question(s), do you honor any other celestial bodies? You only mentioned Gaia. If so, do you go along with the names associated with the Roman pantheon?

Quills Quiver

Last edited by Lepus : 05-01-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:55 AM
Master
It's a matter of scale, Quills. Gaia is there, under my feet, I can see/touch/taste/etc Her. My body and spirit come from Her, so in that sense, She seems more Human-sized and friendly, unlike [say] the Sun - very unhuman-like, too far above me in scale.

Regarding deities names, I am sure that they know there own names and that human names have no bearing on the matter.

In a sense, I have wound-back my beliefs to a primitive level when my ancestors worshipped natural features - distinctive trees, mountains, rivers, etc and they were in harmony with Nature. I have one more step to make and it does involve my Spirit guide. Last Samhain, I stood on a cliff top, at dawn, looking out over the sea to the east for my ritual. My invocation was to my remote ancestors who lived, hunted, and died on the broad tundra which became the North Sea at the end of the last Ice Age. Squaring the circle so to speak with Samhain which was always an appeal to the Ancestors for guidance. I guess you can work out my suspicions on what my Spirit guide actually is in the present and in a past life at some time. In previous years, I have made contact with entities at Samhain and suspect I now know who/what they were.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Lepus

Hello norseman,

Quote:
It's a matter of scale, Quills. Gaia is there, under my feet, I can see/touch/taste/etc Her. My body and spirit come from Her, so in that sense, She seems more Human-sized and friendly, unlike [say] the Sun - very unhuman-like, too far above me in scale.

The Sun provides numerous factors that Earth cannot live without. The Solar System does revolve around the Sun. Of course, without the Sun none of us would even exist in the first place. Scientists who have studied the origins of life on Earth point to Earth’s perfect positioning with regard to its distance from the Sun as a main factor in creating the conditions that allow life to exist on Earth.

Quote:
Regarding deities names, I am sure that they know there own names and that human names have no bearing on the matter.

Okay.

Quote:
In a sense, I have wound-back my beliefs to a primitive level when my ancestors worshipped natural features - distinctive trees, mountains, rivers, etc and they were in harmony with Nature. I have one more step to make and it does involve my Spirit guide. Last Samhain, I stood on a cliff top, at dawn, looking out over the sea to the east for my ritual. My invocation was to my remote ancestors who lived, hunted, and died on the broad tundra which became the North Sea at the end of the last Ice Age. Squaring the circle so to speak with Samhain which was always an appeal to the Ancestors for guidance. I guess you can work out my suspicions on what my Spirit guide actually is in the present and in a past life at some time. In previous years, I have made contact with entities at Samhain and suspect I now know who/what they were.

Some Wiccans perceive the Sun masculine and the Moon feminine watching over the Earth as a physical shell created by the union of the God and Goddess. The spirits that inhabit in trees, rivers, rocks, mountains etc. resides some part of the divine (God & Goddess) energy including all of the Universe and other celestial bodies.

I am glad you connect with your ancestors. I often wonder why many don't acknowledge their ancestors. If you don't mind me asking. What is your last step you have to make that involves your spirit guide?

Quills Quiver

Last edited by Lepus : 06-01-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:13 PM
Master
"What is your last step you have to make that involves your spirit guide?"
Join her as I suspect we were together a long, long time ago.

One thing I do know for certain is that, wherever I go on the moors and in the Dales, I am walking in my own footprints from days past.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Master

Quote:
"What is your last step you have to make that involves your spirit guide?"
Join her as I suspect we were together a long, long time ago.

One thing I do know for certain is that, wherever I go on the moors and in the Dales, I am walking in my own footprints from days past.

Norseman - absolutely beautiful Wish I could have been there with you at Samhain.

Jenny C
Old 06-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Lepus

Hello norseman,

I agree with Jenny. Thank you for sharing - norseman.

Quills Quiver