Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Master
Leaving together

How common is it for people very close to cross over at almost the same time? Do you know of anyone who this has happened to?

A close relative died recently and two days later his twin brother passed away.
Old 21-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Administrator
Yes i have heard of it a few times only a couple of weeks ago a couple i knew of,the wife fell ill and passed suddenly.her husband was sitting by her and within minutes.he also passed.they call it killed by a broken heart.
my uncles best friends brother died suddenly he went to the funeral two days later my uncle passed suddenly,so his friend lost his brother and best friend in two days.

Namaste
Old 21-07-2013, 11:39 PM
spiritspark8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
How common is it for people very close to cross over at almost the same time? Do you know of anyone who this has happened to?

It is common. Johnny Cash died like two months after his wife died. My great grandmother only lives for a few years after her husband died.
Old 22-07-2013, 01:26 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell

Yes, I've heard of it ...
Two days after my stepfather's death, his best friend died ...
They are buried next to one another ... not by family choice, but by the rules of the Nat'l cementery of first come, first served ...

At the funeral reception of my husband's best friend, Jeff, who completed suicide 6 weeks after his death, I met his uncle who had lost his entire family of 5 in a freak boating accident ...
My understanding is they ascend individually as well as the unborn child his daughter was pregnant with, and they do not stay together unless they are in the same soul group ...

One imporatant issue I do want to briefly explain ...
The moment a survivor learns of their loved one's death, the brain automatically shuts down the frontal lobe of the brain & goes into survival mode flooding the body w/toxins. Not only is grief spiritually & emotionally challenging it is also physically debilitating ... it goes beyond what most would like to think of as only experiencing crying jags from loss & being angry at God & the universe ... there is immense physical pain throughout the entire body preventing simple functions (believe me, I would've preferred child labor to it). Toxins can only be released through physical motion. A person not able to physically function cannot get the toxins out; many people do not think to help the grieving walk much less feed them or notice the amount of pain relievers the griever is taking or how much they are sleeping or if they are staggering & running into objects. Meditation as well as relaxation techniques are useless in ridding the body of serotonin & adrenalin ...

The other is some people are physically ill unbeknownst to them when a loved one dies; spouse, friend, child, etc ...
It happens ...

While it would be nice to romantize about this type of death being enirely caused from pure love/broken heart, I would be dead ...
With a death of a soulmate there is always the opportunity to heal while developing the relationship into a spiritual one, however, many people find it to be far too much work so re-marrying is the easiest option ...
As w/any broken love relationship, rebounding is the quickest way to avoid grief work to mend a shattered heart ...
Old 22-07-2013, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator
Yes this happened to my Nana and Grandad.
He passed first, in the early evening in hospital. She passed next morning at home. She had not been told he had gone. My Dad was waiting till the next day to tell her.
Old 22-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Deactivated Account
My aunt's in-laws went this way. The wife died in the morning and that afternoon the husband passed away.

I also know of my friend's mother who died one month and her father passed the next month.

I think it's quite common to die within a few months of a loved one, but my aunt's experience with her husband's folks was the closest together that I've ever heard of personally.
Old 22-07-2013, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
Yes, I've heard of it ...
Two days after my stepfather's death, his best friend died ...
They are buried next to one another ... not by family choice, but by the rules of the Nat'l cementery of first come, first served ...

At the funeral reception of my husband's best friend, Jeff, who completed suicide 6 weeks after his death, I met his uncle who had lost his entire family of 5 in a freak boating accident ...
My understanding is they ascend individually as well as the unborn child his daughter was pregnant with, and they do not stay together unless they are in the same soul group ...

One imporatant issue I do want to briefly explain ...
The moment a survivor learns of their loved one's death, the brain automatically shuts down the frontal lobe of the brain & goes into survival mode flooding the body w/toxins. Not only is grief spiritually & emotionally challenging it is also physically debilitating ... it goes beyond what most would like to think of as only experiencing crying jags from loss & being angry at God & the universe ... there is immense physical pain throughout the entire body preventing simple functions (believe me, I would've preferred child labor to it). Toxins can only be released through physical motion. A person not able to physically function cannot get the toxins out; many people do not think to help the grieving walk much less feed them or notice the amount of pain relievers the griever is taking or how much they are sleeping or if they are staggering & running into objects. Meditation as well as relaxation techniques are useless in ridding the body of serotonin & adrenalin ...

The other is some people are physically ill unbeknownst to them when a loved one dies; spouse, friend, child, etc ...
It happens ...

While it would be nice to romantize about this type of death being enirely caused from pure love/broken heart, I would be dead ...
With a death of a soulmate there is always the opportunity to heal while developing the relationship into a spiritual one, however, many people find it to be far too much work so re-marrying is the easiest option ...
As w/any broken love relationship, rebounding is the quickest way to avoid grief work to mend a shattered heart ...

After the passing of a Soul I was tremendously connected with, my whole body was filled with pain, and some paralysis. It was very difficult to walk or move much. People I know thought I'd had a stroke, but it was just severe nerve inflammation. Some of the paralysis remains now but is only very slight and doesn't stop me doing most things.
And in my heart deep down I know I was kept alive only by the great opportunity of learning, which happened afterwards. And discovering Spirit, when I had mostly rejected those things in the past. I know I had to discover those things while I was alive on Earth, and learn to live those things here before I go. Those things caused me to seriously reconsider my position with Spirit, and to start learning. For some reason it has to be done here.
Old 24-07-2013, 10:00 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I don't know how common I have heard it was, but I have heard of spouses passing on on the same day. I'm sure it happens more often than people think.
Old 25-07-2013, 05:08 AM
primrose

My grandparents also passed within a short time of each other.

As for grief, When my son died, I truly believed he went to a better place, of course I was sad and miss him, I did'nt grieve as I knew it served no purpose.