Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 08-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Inward_Journey

Question Im having trouble channeling

I enrolled into a channeling class, )which is awesome by the way), and I had a hard time on my first attempt. I had a hard time maintaining my consciousness outside my body for a long period of time. There was some fear/resistance that was preventing me from doing it. Also two of the people in the class did great on there first try. One of them had a message for me and the message was to not be so fearful. On my way home from class I connected all the dots in my mind and was aware of a lot of fear based decisions that I make all the time. Well this is good!!!
The next day I talk to my mother and she was telling me how horrible it is to live with my brother and was going to through him out. ( He has a hard time living in our current society with the screw up systems and bad inorganically produced foods and the deception of the masses etc... I really understand what he is going through because I feel the same way. Except I don't carry it on my shoulders anymore. I am aware and I use this information as a tool.) So I thought that if I could practice raising my vibration so I can be a good receiver for the high level spirit, I could help my brother with the information. So I go to see him and have a talk with him. I talk about me having trouble with my channeling. Well he didn't help my fear. He was telling of some childhood experiences of a spirit trying to deceive him into letting him/her in his body and some spirit that was probably positive and asked of the same thing, (I think), but he denied them both and said that he would figure it out all on his own. (they said they would help him with his life).
Also after my class I decided to quit smoking tobacco again. So the withdraws were taking a big toll on my body and mind as well. I even caught a cold that I'm still fighting off. I was too sick for my next class so I didn't go.
I want to channel a suitable high level spirit that is chosen by my spirit guides, but I have hidden beliefs that tell me different. And this is where I am stuck. I need to change my beliefs so they represent what I want, and not what I bought into. But I lost the belief... I don't know where it's at..Class is in 4 days. Any advice will help, TY!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:43 PM
yolander

Hi Inward_journey,
I have been channeling for many years and even though I didn't struggle with it I did witness a few people like yourselves who have fear in them. Bear in mind that channeling isn't for everyone, and for some it comes easier than others, depending on your own life's path. What messages I have for you from spirit is to let go of the fear and thoughts you are feeling around channeling. It doesn't help when people tell you stories of negative spirits wanting to possess you, believe that your guides will protect you in this transition stage. You need to go back to basics, which is to connect with your guides, they can give you the help you need. I hope you have already done this in the past as it is an absolute must when channelling. In this case try to talk to them daily and trust the information
you receive from them, make it a priority to spend 5mins a day to build up a strong connection. Only then will you feel safer to channel. In addition the first few times I channelled they were my guides.
I hope this helps :-)
Old 11-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Checkmate.

So, are you saying you are scared of a spirit trying to take control of your body due to what brother told you? If so, you shouldn't. That was his experience and you don't even know if it was true or not. It sounds like you are picking up what other people tell you easily. For channeling, it is good to have a clear idea of what you want but especially what you don't.

If you trust yourself nothing bad will happen - reinforce your personal boundaries everyday and then practice channeling after a while.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Master

it is like the airplane example. if there is a problem. first put on your own mask, then help others. you will be of no use to others if you yourself cannot breath. you do know you have to work on yourself first. stopping smoking is a sign of that.

channeling is working with your guides/higher beings. in the beginning, you can first learn form your guides and then you can work on others. you should raise your vibrations firs before you try to channel.

the most important thing in the last paragraph is the word "work". it is work but put on your mask first. work on yourself, it will take time. but you have time here on earth.

it took years for me and i was a natural born psychic. i had many lessons to learn before i could consider being called spiritual. channeling is the work of spirit.

kk
Old 12-11-2014, 09:06 AM
Zen Judah

Channeling and being Possessed are 2 different things.
fear not.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:12 AM
KevinO

You are always right. You are always free. You are also doing spectacularly well by my observation, which is of course worth what you paid for it.

I suggest never to think you are wrong or incomplete, there is just something you do not completely understand, which is the case for every single being in this universe.

That is the setup. Don't fight it, have fun!
Old 18-11-2014, 12:57 AM
Pathfinder

Hi Inward,
I agree with the comments of others, but I'd also like to say that many people 'channel' without actually letting a guide take over their body. There are many types of channeling. I sit in meditation and hear a voice, get a feeling, or see a vision, and this works for me, but at all times my auric field is intact and no other beings are within it. They are directly outside and I can see and experience them there.
Many souls like to let other beings pass through their energy field, but others do not, and simply work with other beings as friends, or even equals. One type of 'channeling' is not better or worse than the other.
I'm not saying this is true, because I don't know, but it may be that you are developing your autonomy and personal power, and your soul and guides know this, and are blocking the deep trance mediumship pathway for you for a reason. You'll have to check this out inside. Certainly, if you want to work with your guides, or give others high information, you can do it without deep trance channeling. Certainly, if you are truly pulled to that pathway, then nothing will stop it from happening. Hope this helps!
Blessings,
Ananias
Old 09-12-2014, 01:01 PM
jadeany

I suggest never to think you are wrong or incomplete, there is just something you do not completely understand, which is the case for every single being in this universe.
Old 19-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Knower
Inward Journey! You worry far too much! Fear blocks us from higher entities who are always trying to send us messages! You went to your brother for support but because of the beliefs that you and your mother have surrounding him, he was only able to give you what you believe!!! There is nothing to fear, but the fear itself - that's it. Only you can choose to let lower vibrational entities in, and when you raise your vibration they can not enter your space!
My guides like to give me messages in the form of movies, songs and other external messages, one day one of them threw an old fortune cookie message at me from our cupboard - basically telling me that I had to stop being afraid .... lol....
Ask, listen and always pay attention to your surroundings... you may be surprised at how they are always trying to communicate with you. <3
Old 01-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Name_1

I just want to ask what class is that? Is there a book?
I am interested in that.