Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-07-2022, 01:16 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
I"You have been operating from a false foundation which you know as yourself that has built itself into a formidable structure through which you perceive both internal and external realities. Deconstruct this tower."
This is one of the reasons it's a really bad idea for Spiritual people to redefine things for the sake of their own agenda. The 'tower' is your ego and it's been in development since around puberty. The self doesn't provide us with a differentiated experience, the ego does, via the unconscious processes. The "formidable structure" is your unconscious and the ego is the 'result' of those processes. The ego is also the 'interface' between your internal and external realities.

The brain has built-in survival mechanisms and because you've felt scared at non-existence it's triggered your mechanisms. This is most likely where you get the idea of a "dark night of the Soul." When you get one of those you know it comes from the Soul.
Old 17-07-2022, 06:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
...If change changes into unchanging, then unchanging must also somehow some way become change... Not? And if so, then, how?
It is indeed very complicated, so its ok if you don't know. ...
So this is really asking how does Creation come into manifestation. I certainly would not claim to know. Way beyond my understanding.

All I can say is that we are experiencing a world of form and the nature of form is incessant change.

But our true nature is formless Being, and the nature of formlessness is indivisible changelessness.

Form and formlessness co-exist - our Being pervades the entire world of experience.

But how form arises from formlessness remains a mystery.

Peace
Old 17-07-2022, 06:17 PM
Knower

Hi Ewwerrin, I’m going to answer your questions without quoting because of the “three quote rule”.

One goes in and out of nondual realization until they don't. What might help you to let go of duality is to stop giving it life. For example, when you realize you've stepped out of nondual realization, rather than correcting yourself by thinking "I'm in duality" which sometimes leads to feelings of guilt and/or shame further entrapping one in the web of dualistic thinking, simply release the reactive energy that arises when nonduality is temporarily forgotten.

Placing nondual realization in a time frame of before and after might help you let go of your attachment to duality but ultimately, once you are in nondual realization more than you are out of nondual realization thoughts of time and space do not arise except in the conventional sense, i.e., “meet me at the library at 4 p.m.”

Being without thought is scary because one is deeply conditioned to thinking about things, in your case, for much of your waking hours, duality. Consider how difficult it is to stop thinking about cigarettes or dope or alcohol or losing someone or desiring someone and you get an idea of how difficult it is to stop thinking about things entirely. One could say that quitting thinking about things is quitting the ultimate (or primary or root) addiction.

Most people gradually let go of their clinging to Idea, certainly that has been my experience. This is why compassion is so important while one is going in and out of nondual realization.
Old 17-07-2022, 06:38 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So this is really asking how does Creation come into manifestation. I certainly would not claim to know. Way beyond my understanding.

All I can say is that we are experiencing a world of form and the nature of form is incessant change.

But our true nature is formless Being, and the nature of formlessness is indivisible changelessness.

Form and formlessness co-exist - our Being pervades the entire world of experience.

But how form arises from formlessness remains a mystery.

Peace
One cannot know the why or how of forming because one IS forming moment by moment by moment...put another way, one cannot know the why or how of forming because one IS forming NOW. Who can stop NOW to see how NOW works?

However, one can come to know why and how they desire to know the why and how of forming: one desires to know the why and how of forming because they do not know they ARE are forming NOW.