Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 27-06-2022, 11:02 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Frankly I don't know why this thread is in the non-Duality subforum because there is no non-Duality here.

If you decide what makes the light Light and what makes the dark dark then you're talking about your ego, not your self. If you think "I am awareness" then there are things that you need to be aware of - and the things you are aware of is Duality.
I did not mention deciding what makes the light and what makes the dark.

You say there is no non-Duality here - I counter that statement by asserting that there is no Duality nor has there ever been a Duality nor will there ever be a Duality.

You may be silent or you may speak. You may hate or you may love. You may stand or you may sit. Whatever form you take, whatever name you make, you are not-two.
Old 27-06-2022, 11:07 AM
Guide

Sorry Greenslade,your ego is not awareness.Your ego is formed while on this planet and is responsible for feelings.your awareness is pure consciousness.
My thoughts of Duality,non duality..out of the body,duality....in the body.
I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks.
Old 27-06-2022, 11:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Sorry Greenslade,your ego is not awareness.Your ego is formed while on this planet and is responsible for feelings.your awareness is pure consciousness.
My thoughts of Duality,non duality...in the body,duality....out of the body.
I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks.
He defends what ego is, creating a loop in his own, just be aware he does.
Old 27-06-2022, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
... there is no Duality nor has there ever been a Duality nor will there ever be a Duality.
Now THAT I relate to and made me happily smile.
But I do understand in 'this' Universe, not just here on earth, duality seems to exist.
Just having something 'outside' ourselves...such as a tree or a star and
having 5 senses to look 'at' things outside ourselves, makes duality the game here...in this Universe.

Now, have an altered perception experience...and you can touch the star and become the tree;
maintain that experience or consciousness and walk on water, defy physical laws.
(Then, you step out of the Illusion or Dream and don't come back here again, unless you want to, as in, to help others.)

My take anyway... that can't be proven...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-06-2022, 04:45 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
, you are not-two.
Without Duality, you are not.
Old 27-06-2022, 04:49 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
He defends what ego is, creating a loop in his own, just be aware he does.
The perceiver is the perceived.
Old 27-06-2022, 05:01 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
having 5 senses to look 'at' things outside ourselves, makes duality the game here...in this Universe.;
IIt depends on your definition. According to Rupert Spira and Advaita Vedanta, Duality is the distance between consciousness and the objects of consciousness. Spirituality is an object of consciousness.
Old 28-06-2022, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The perceiver is the perceived.
Perception?

Gosh I have to wonder where you are noticing from in yourself..

While logic driven intellect is like taking one step after another, intuition is like spreading wings and effortlessly traveling great distances. Just like wind aids a bird that spreads its wings as it soars higher into the sky, choiceless awareness is the ‘wind’ that carries us on the ‘wings’ of intuition into deeper reaches of our being. Being choiceless and aware is the stepping stone to the freedom of an intuition guided existence.

Last edited by JustBe : 28-06-2022 at 05:36 AM.
Old 28-06-2022, 08:05 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Gosh I have to wonder where you are noticing from in yourself..
Guess you're too busy soaring to get it. Better luck next time. Is judging me just being, are you just being or is your ego superimposing? You did mention 'deeper'. If you're going to go 'deeper', who is this 'I' that decides what is deeper?

What I've been noticing is that I get to choose what I take notice of, and if that makes me a 'lesser mortal' in someone else's eyes I really don't care. So if my ways don't suit you and your ways are bigger and badder......

There is nowhere to go, there is nothing to achieve, there is nobody to be. And if you're going to go 'deeper', what soars and has intuition doesn't exist, either Spiritually nor psychologically.

So many invented things.

Last edited by Greenslade : 28-06-2022 at 09:38 AM.
Old 28-06-2022, 09:05 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
(Then, you step out of the Illusion or Dream and don't come back here again, unless you want to, as in, to help others.)
Who decides what is a dream or an illusion? Who decides what is real or not? Who experiences, and what?

How you experience the outside world is a dream on top of an hallucination.

The problem with Spirituality is that it takes so much for granted, and everything stems from the point that 'I' exists. The more you delve into that 'I' - both psychologically and Spiritually - the less existence it has and the less what is real or not matters - or what is illusion and what is the dream.

Y'see, depending on your perspective you already embody both Duality and non-Duality, or there is neither and 'you' don't exist. Take your pick because, depending on the level, they are both valid. I'm not a big fan of Duality anyway, it's a bit limited. The Triplex Unity of the pre-Taoist alchemists is much better.

So if Spirit - the 'ultimate' in Spirituality - decides that immersing in the dream/illusion is good for our Spiritual evolution yet here we are thinking we are Spiritual by telling each other it's an illusion?