Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-04-2022, 05:18 PM
Master
How to NOT IMAGINE awareness?

I feel like I am doing it wrong... When I focus on my awareness, I see it evolve into a vision. Then I say "I am not that" and return my awareness to the awareness that is aware of that vision, and it evolves into yet again another perspective/vision of my awareness. And I do the same and same again and again and it keeps becoming a new imagination/vision.

Is this normal? How do you guys experience becoming aware of the awareness? How to become purely aware of the awareness alone? Without it turning into yet another new imagination?

That is the goal right? Or am trying to do something that is impossible?
Old 14-04-2022, 05:27 PM
Newbie ;)

I don't know if it's impossible. It sounds like the dog chasing it's own tail. Awareness just "is". I try to rest in the "is-ness" of the moment and don't look for awareness. It will be there regardless of what I do.
Old 14-04-2022, 07:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveS55
I don't know if it's impossible. It sounds like the dog chasing it's own tail. Awareness just "is". I try to rest in the "is-ness" of the moment and don't look for awareness. It will be there regardless of what I do.
thanks for sharing that!

One of the weirdest experience I've had in my life was in broadday light in a room, my awareness went out of my body and became a pencil that was located on a distant desk, and I came back in to my body. Completely out of nowhere it happened, and I was completely shocked and excited, it's like the most mindblowing experience. 100% waking day no sleep, nothing. but environment was very peaceful gotta say that.
Nothing like that ever happened again. Except ofcourse in dreams.
I was still new to daoism at the time a kid. I thought lao tzu was an extra terrestrial who had a spaceship and taught interstellar civilizations how to operate big spaceships or light vessels, lol.
Old 14-04-2022, 07:54 PM
Newbie ;)

I've had a few of those unexplainable experiences myself. I don't know what triggered them, they just happened. Who knows how all of this stuff works. I certainly don't!
Old 15-04-2022, 06:52 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
I feel like I am doing it wrong...
Doership is the hindrance. https://deconstructingyourself.com/d...editation.html

The core idea of this practice is that while, yes, total awakening is already present in your mind at every moment, we often have trouble noticing it or contacting it (to say the least). One of the main blockages or obscurations that gets in the way is the sense of being a doer. Doership is the core of the sense of self, the heart of the ego.
Old 16-04-2022, 08:34 AM
Master
Quote:
How do you guys experience becoming aware of the awareness? How to become purely aware of the awareness alone? Without it turning into yet another new imagination?

Awareness doesn't become aware of awareness . Awareness exists because I exist .

I am aware .

If there was no I AM then how can awareness be aware of itself?

However I think it's common for folk who transcend to come to a conclusion that what they are is awareness and awareness therefore becomes aware of that .

A state of being what you are is how I put it across .

Where there is awareness there I am .

x daz x
Old 16-04-2022, 11:07 AM
Master
Quote:
I feel like I am doing it wrong... When I focus on my awareness, I see it evolve into a vision. Then I say "I am not that" and return my awareness to the awareness that is aware of that vision, and it evolves into yet again another perspective/vision of my awareness. And I do the same and same again ?
Maybe your imagination has some clearing to do?

Meaning I’ve noticed in the releasing of conditioned patterns, even one’s imagination can be attached in unhealthy ways.

Clarity in all of those processors lend you to be aware more clear. It doesn’t mean your imagination is no longer useful, in fact in clarity it’s an open blank canvas for creating.

All inner processors can eventually work in harmony..
Old 17-04-2022, 11:37 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
How do you guys experience becoming aware of the awareness?
You don't. Awareness in this context is a 'thing' that belongs to you, it's YOUR awareness the same as any other 'thing' you have. If you imagine looking at an object and taking steps to the left or right, that's a metaphor for what you're doing.

There is awareness and what you are aware of - the 'contents' of awareness, and when you focus on your awareness your awareness is a 'that'. 'That' is an 'object of awareness'. By the way, 'I am' is also an 'object of awareness'.

Get rid of what you are aware of - nete-neti - and you eventually become the awareness that you are. Become aware that you are aware, not what you are aware of.
Old 17-04-2022, 06:25 PM
Master
I conclude like that also~ The grasps of imagination is not far of behind what I see of my self is what I want to believe I see but I don’t believe I see; what I don’t believe about it ~ is that I am seeing it - yet it’s not the self as I see it~ what im ‘use’ to seeing albeit im still hidden??

Great post

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)