Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-04-2022, 11:56 AM
JustASimpleGuy

The Rogue Thought

The idea behind this thread is a place to take discussions from other threads that develop a life of their own, wandering way off-topic. Nothing in the spirit of the forum (Non Duality) would be off-topic in this thread. A thread about nothing and everything all at once!

It could work something like this. Copy the link of the post you want to address and paste & quote it in this thread. Or just post a thought about non-duality you don't think worthy of its own thread but doesn't fit into any other current threads.

Here's an example of how it could work.

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...&postcount=807

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Um, you use omnipresence the complete opposite way of what it really means.
If there is an omnipresent Brahman that can literally be seen with the eyes then Brahman and only Brahman has to be seen everywhere. One substance. No difference anywhere. No bodies, planets, stars, galaxies or anything else except the substance that is Brahman. Based on the initial assumptions this conclusion is inescapable.

The other conclusion that can be drawn is if there is an omnipresent Brahman and since we don't see the one substance that is Brahman everywhere then the substance that is Brahman is beyond sense perception. This conclusion is also inescapable based on initial assumptions.
Old 08-04-2022, 02:16 PM
The glass

Have you ever heard the 'All That Is' described like a glass?

You have the inside of the glass, that smooth surface and space...that is the glass.
Follow the inside to the top, over the top to the outside of the glass...which is different than the inside...
but that is also the glass.
This inside and the outside are certainly different, yet, both are 'the glass'...
and the glass needs to have the space within it to be the glass.

Fun, huh?

Speaking of glasses ...and then God, by any name, has been described
like salt in a clear glass of water...it's there, alright, but you can't see it.

To me the word 'sense' is key, like 'feeling'; in the vacuum of space and in the air we breathe - 'the All, the One, the Creator' has
dissolved Himself into these...and this is one of my secrets to instant joy when I meditate ---because I know
this 'concentration technique' some have to focus on the breath that seems so dry to me...For me - is drenched in the knowledge
that God, by any name, has dissolved Himself into the air. (Or the vacuum of outer space.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-04-2022, 05:06 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Have you ever heard the 'All That Is' described like a glass?
Not put exactly that way but in essence it's no different than clay and pot. Pot is nothing other than clay through and through, inside and outside, top and bottom. There's no such thing as pot except as a name and form of clay. An appearance of clay. Remove the clay and there is no pot. Destroy the pot and there's still clay only with a different name and form - pottery shards - but still clay.

The more I think about how ephemeral objective reality actually is the funnier it seems. Hmm, did I start this specific line of thought on April 1st? LOL!
Old 08-04-2022, 05:11 PM
Thumbs up

Clay pot, excellent!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-04-2022, 07:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
If there is an omnipresent Brahman that can literally be seen with the eyes then Brahman and only Brahman has to be seen everywhere. One substance. No difference anywhere. No bodies, planets, stars, galaxies or anything else except the substance that is Brahman. Based on the initial assumptions this conclusion is inescapable.

The other conclusion that can be drawn is if there is an omnipresent Brahman and since we don't see the one substance that is Brahman everywhere then the substance that is Brahman is beyond sense perception. This conclusion is also inescapable based on initial assumptions.
Another perspective is that form and formlessness co-exist. If all that we know is form then bodies, planets, stars all exist as separate objects.

If we have reached the stage where we can identify with formlessness then bodies, planets and stars still exist but there is a single limitless Being pervading everything. Everything is perceived as the Self, the formlessness which pervades all form. I prefer the term "the Self" rather than the label of Brahman because this is our true nature.

This perception is available through the physical eyes as Consciousness rests in the Self.

Peace
Old 08-04-2022, 08:13 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I prefer the term "the Self" rather than the label of Brahman because this is our true nature.
I think Self, Consciousness and Awareness all work well because they are the most relatable, anthropomorphically speaking.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:28 PM
JustASimpleGuy

About atoms being 99.999%+ empty and the fundamental particles consisting of the remaining 0.001%- just being probabilities of observation/measurement. A derived value in a quantum wave function equation. So what's really objective about objective reality? https://youtu.be/jlEovwE1oHI

Sean Carroll's take on what (really) exists. https://youtu.be/z5qtyOwsiEk?t=134

And this is all still within the realm of science and the effable. I don't think the quantum wave function is Source. Perhaps it's the web of Maya cast by Ishvara if we want to use ancient Hindu cosmology. A poetic echo.