Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 14-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Master
My little pony.

I read this article yesterday, and some of the commentary around it, and it illustrates for me anyways the concepts of positioning being entirely relative to how others position themselves to those positions even if a portion of both the posited aren't taking positions.

It's kinda like watching cats who obviously positions themselves in particular places but without being a cat, or studying cats extensively, I can't actually define what their position is, in regards to it being of benefit too them in some way, when I am taking a position to define their position and so the only real option is to realise it's always in flux and then be whatever you want within that flux... which even in that is defining a position.

I remember a time when I used to enjoy changing position as soon as someone choose to define my position and then those who needed that position I no longer held would try to get me to own the position I'd just vacated which would then allow me to change position again and appropriate what might be a near position but had altogether different views from that supposedly similar position. But it always felt kind of naughty and I would eventually relent as I felt the others need to be stable in the position they held but didn't necessarily know they were taking.

Then there was this time when I was at a beach with a whole bunch of modern dancers and the tide was out so there were these plateaus of intensely slippery mud over the underlying sedimentary rock and without realising as I went out to walk across it I led a bunch of them out to it and then it was entirely fun to show them how balanced I was on such slippery surfaces and how unbalanced most of them were who were entirely into balance but that the balance depended on entirely stable surfaces.

Oh, what was that? Something on the edge came up and tweaked me as I wondered where to go from here. Here being that between this paragraph and the above I went inside and had a chat to my Mum while I folded my washing then when I came back to here I was thinking that there's almost one or two extreme positions that kinda reflect back to a state of conditions which are that we are all a part of a whole but also have individual ideas about that whole... and as societal models those positions might be the lets let it all fall apart by deconstructing the whole thing or lets accept what is and modify it to suit what might occur as we go forward or even a little bit of both as both are equally valid... depending on the position one might take and what conditions prevail which may feedback into that conditioning.
Old 14-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touched
Did you state that everything you presented as spiritually insightful is really a lot of nonsense? If not, then why would you be directly challenging yourself?

Gem has stated that all spiritual insight is nonsense. Those are his own words. All the rest of his words are there to support and justify why he can call anyone else's spiritual insight nonsense, but you should respect and agree with his insight. Some will believe this, and some won't - right or wrong.

I genuinely don't know, from your words, what you are interpreting here. But also, I don't understand it because I don't interpret it that way.

I don't mind anyone saying my words are nonsense, thay probably are to them, because my words are my view, not other peoples views.

That's what allows me to be myself - and as long as others aren't invested in what I think of them, they can be themselves too. I like it that way.
Old 14-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Aquahorse

You know the first post made me laugh. I just love dry humor. After I got to the sixth page, I skipped to the end to see at 27 pages it was still continuing badly. I became sad realizing that most here are just as dysfunctional as the rest of the population. Truly enlightened individuals (Christ is a good example) don't need to proclaim the crown. Enlightenment doesn't cause a person to feel privileged by the proclamation, it make you humble for the gift of it.

I thought places like this were for helping people, not posturing for an ego boost. The drama degrades the name Spiritual. The ego neglected incites anger that is unjustified. If this is your behavior you must conclude you are Not enlighted in any way, Yet.

If this is not believable to you, the fact that you defend your position & justify your actions in any manner backs Gem's initial statement that no longer is humorous, just a statement of truth.

Truly Sad
Old 14-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Master
Hi Aquahorse,

I have to say I can see where you are coming from. Nothing wrong with what you are saying and it sounds perfectly sensible.

The problem is you miss a lot when you read the first few pages and then skip to the end. You kinda miss the meat of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquahorse
You know the first post made me laugh. I just love dry humor. After I got to the sixth page, I skipped to the end to see at 27 pages it was still continuing badly. I became sad realizing that most here are just as dysfunctional as the rest of the population. Truly enlightened individuals (Christ is a good example) don't need to proclaim the crown. Enlightenment doesn't cause a person to feel privileged by the proclamation, it make you humble for the gift of it.

Are you not being guilty of judging as much as anyone else. Are you not doing right here what you are saying is sad for everyone else. Who say's that being enlightened makes you humble? Many guru's will yell and scream and act all sorts of ways to get peoples attention. Remember how Jesus acted in the temple?

Quote:
I thought places like this were for helping people, not posturing for an ego boost. The drama degrades the name Spiritual. The ego neglected incites anger that is unjustified. If this is your behavior you must conclude you are Not enlightened in any way, Yet

You are missing the point of this thread or what it turned into anyways. You are right it is about helping people. Yet Gem believes that any telling/talking/typing of helping besides listening is a power trip and about controlling others. But don't worry he isn't telling anybody to do anything, he is just saying..

Quote:
If this is not believable to you, the fact that you defend your position & justify your actions in any manner backs Gem's initial statement that no longer is humorous, just a statement of truth.

Your point is believable but you are missing the true topic of the thread. If we were to listen to Gem people would do the following.

A person would post a question in a thread asking for help.

You would read it with empathy.

The End.

Anything else is fake and about control and power.

That is according to Gem.

Some agree and some disagree. That is the debate
Old 14-03-2015, 09:04 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Are you not doing right here what you are saying is sad for everyone else.

So here is the comedy of threads... one man belittles another, then another belittles the belittler... and yet more will observe without saying a word, as they see the whole conversation as being beneath them... but every so often will lower themselves to tut at the 'to and fro' of the common masses and wish them all love from the divine.

And that's why it's funny, that's why it's all a lot of nonsense. I'm happy to have a chuckle at myself at times, but if I didn't sometimes take life too seriously, it just wouldn't be funny/
Old 14-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
And that's why it's funny, that's why it's all a lot of nonsense. I'm happy to have a chuckle at myself at times, but if I didn't sometimes take life too seriously, it just wouldn't be funny/

I have a good laugh at myself quite often, usually at my own inventiveness in outsmarting myself. I always, however, try not to laugh at what I don't understand.
Old 14-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Aquahorse

Thank you Jonesboy, & I apologise for sticking my two cents in, I am just so tired of the futile arguing I see. I should have stuck it out reading all the posts before making any statement, but I had to agree with Gem in that, some statements are made that don't really offer anything to the OP in the way of help, it ends up being miscellaneous words that can only be deciphered by the replying poster & that is of no use to anyone.

And see I never read a post like this with the thought that the OP is trying to convince others to post as they believe a post should be made. (That may be due to the fact that I don't know him.) I didn't get any of that out of the six pages I read, it only seemed that there was disagreements with Gem's point of view on the subject & was perceived as argumentative.

"Many guru's will yell and scream and act all sorts of ways to get peoples attention."

I have no problem with doing what you need to get people's attention in order to get them to focus or remain on the path that they can to seek, but I don't think posturing serves anyone. I have received my own gifts, I don't feel a need to tell others the level I exist at in order for them to validate my advice. I am always humbled by the privilege of the gifts.

As far as the arguing, I again apologise if this wasn't taking place as sometimes it is very hard to decipher the energy of the conversation without the inflexion of speech.

Thanks again, I truly enjoyed all your statements.
Old 14-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touched
I have a good laugh at myself quite often, usually at my own inventiveness in outsmarting myself. I always, however, try not to laugh at what I don't understand.

Are you trying to reference something in the thread in that last statement? If not, what are you on about?
Old 14-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
So here is the comedy of threads... one man belittles another, then another belittles the belittler... and yet more will observe without saying a word, as they see the whole conversation as being beneath them... but every so often will lower themselves to tut at the 'to and fro' of the common masses and wish them all love from the divine.

I don't think you can call what i was saying belittling. Nor do i take his comment that way either.

Why do you?
Old 14-03-2015, 10:16 PM
Gracey

Discussion: Members are reminded this is a discussion forum and not a debate forum. That is to say: Debates are destructive as they present one-sided opinions and destroy reasoned arguments, whereas discussions are constructive and encourage the expression of opinion. Trolling and preaching are not forms of discussion and posts or threads of that nature may be deleted, and those who persistently debate / troll / preach without looking to discuss may be subject to warnings leading to Disciplinary Action.
Closed Thread