Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 13-03-2015, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Telling isn't sharing.

To you all sharing is telling. I really dont' know when or how someone could share without it being a power trip according to you.

Quote:
Are you listening to people on such grounds?

What??

Quote:
No. You become a teacher by means of there being a student. The desire to be teacher will result in imposing the position of student on others.

Oh so a teacher imposes himself onto others? If we are all students then how do we learn?

Quote:
Tradition is a farce that is used to maintain this ludicrous performance.

By what depth of anything can you make such a statement? It sounds more like you are frustrated with your progression and want to blame others for it.

Quote:
Be honest with yourself. What are you trying convince yourself and others of by bringing the influence of Jesus into you own motivation?

To show that all of the religions are saying the same thing. Look within.

Quote:
Projecting the 'crazy' is in complete contradiction to any notion of helping

Not if it stops people from believing you it's not. You are leading people in a dangerous direction. People can get really hurt. To say that traditions are a joke is just full of nonesense. If they were junk then why would entire societies believe in them. Why would they last for thousands of years? Why, because the DO work Gem!

Quote:
After the 'crazy' is used as disempowering strategy, 'giving him the benefit of the doubt' asserts authority. Following that power play comes a little lecture which implicitly suggests the state of my psyche (previously defined as crazy). To conclude, the advice (unsolicited advice) is given. There is a great deal of incongruency here.

Not really, pretty straight if you ask me. I think you are trying to help others but your comments sometimes suggest otherwise Gem.

I wasn't just talking about you I was talking about all of us and I was giving a technique to help :)

Quote:
Yet he is trying in his way, within his box he is trying to help others I think, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Remember that as we condem others and talk about what we find fake or dislike. Remember to look inwards because all that we are saying is projections from within ourselves. Most likely is how we are really feeling about ourselves.

If you don't believe me then do The Work and don't forget the turnaround. See what you find :)
Old 13-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
that's cool. some folks just don't have the proclivities for such explorations. i'm in no way advocating that you or anyone else should.

Part of my personal mission in this life is to inspire people to avoid them. Having witnessed former friends, I personally know the importance of having people speaking against them. Under the pressure of the inner turmoil we all are subject to, and the influence of vague attitudes of others, people will make bad decisions to use them.

In our society and culture people use them with the premise that what they have is of little value, and thereby have actually already subtracted out the value of their current minds in order to replace them with something else. The use of such substances only help to cement the subtraction, leaving people empty of what is of real value. The only valuable experience of using them is the realization nothing of real value comes without real effort, as many users finally come to realize and admit.
Old 13-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free1
Part of my personal mission in this life is to inspire people to avoid them. Having witnessed former friends, I personally know the importance of having people speaking against them. Under the pressure of the inner turmoil we all are subject to, and the influence of vague attitudes of others, people will make bad decisions to use them.

In our society and culture people use them with the premise that what they have is of little value, and thereby have actually already subtracted out the value of their current minds in order to replace them with something else. The use of such substances only help to cement the subtraction, leaving people empty of what is of real value. The only valuable experience of using them is the realization nothing of real value comes without real effort, as many users finally come to realize and admit.

the discussion of the use of mind altering substances is discouraged on this site. just fyi

and besides, it off the topic of this thread anyway
Old 13-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Knower
Are you? The longer this drags on, the more I believe this belongs in the philosophy sub forum. And I personally think y'all are very much on topic.
Old 13-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
the discussion of the use of mind altering substances is discouraged on this site. just fyi

and besides, it off the topic of this thread anyway

I wanted to make a clear statement against them because the first one here who mentioned usage of them did not, and it passed. I felt I had to be clear about the negatives where others where not.
Old 13-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free1
I wanted to make a clear statement against them because the first one here who mentioned usage of them did not, and it passed. I felt I had to be clear about the negatives where others where not.

that's fine. however, the topic can't be discussed here, pro or con, so best to let it slide.
Old 13-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Experiencer
I agree with regard to rules.
Old 13-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Internal Queries and Free1 ~

A basic reminder on the forum rules regarding drug talk .....

Drug Talk: Drugs used to be openly and maturely discussed when the forum was in it's infancy, but due to a number of people actively promoting it for spiritual advancement we have prohibited it's discussion completely it with the one caveat of someone who is seeking support to come off drugs.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 14-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
To you all sharing is telling.

Telling isn't sharing.

[quote] I really dont' know when or how someone could share without it being a power trip according to you.

Quote:
What??

Are you listening to people on the grounds you described?

Quote:
Oh so a teacher imposes himself onto others? If we are all students then how do we learn?

We drop the pretentious status completely.

Quote:
By what depth of anything can you make such a statement?

Quote:
It sounds more like you are frustrated with your progression and want to blame others for it.

Not true.

Quote:
To show that all of the religions are saying the same thing. Look within.

Religions are often in conflict.

Quote:
Not if it stops people from believing you it's not. You are leading people in a dangerous direction. People can get really hurt. To say that traditions are a joke is just full of nonesense. If they were junk then why would entire societies believe in them. Why would they last for thousands of years? Why, because the DO work Gem!

I don't want people to believe me and I'm not interested in leading anyone anywhere. That's just assumed because of the social structure that demands there be leaders and followers and tellers and believers. That is a dangerous situation.

Quote:
Not really, pretty straight if you ask me. I think you are trying to help others but your comments sometimes suggest otherwise Gem.

I'm not trying to help anyone. You say that you are, but what you're doing isn't actually help. Help doesn't actually involve having the answers and giving advice and providing instruction. That's all very crude and potentially harmful, but people don't really understand the subtlety, delicacy and sensitivity of it.

Quote:
I wasn't just talking about you I was talking about all of us and I was giving a technique to help :)

Yes, you were talking about me being crazy, trying to help, and 'giving him (meaning me) the benefit of the doubt"

You have used 'crazy' on at least three occasions, and also been quite relentless in other forms of personal commentary, not only on this thread, but on others, and not only recently, but over a long period of time. It is clearly a mode of belittlement and I can't presume what drives it, but it is clearly aimed at discrediting and demeaning. In your mind that has something to do with me, but it doesn't; it comes from something within you. It's out of your own sensation and reaction and fulfills some kind of need.
Old 14-03-2015, 10:36 AM
Suspended
Closed Thread