Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
I quite like plain ol' nonsense and I was kinda hoping when all this started that it'd be about that but it seems to be about other stuff which doesn't see itself as nonsense as being defined by others as nonsense and I don't really get that.

In just gets more and more nonsensical.

Quote:
Well, I get enough to see it isn't for me 'cause all those people who don't see what they do as nonsense to others have every right, whatever a right is, to do whatever they have to do to understand, or not, what is is they do and I've never seen it as helpful to take a position and tell them it's nonsense to me.

It's basically all positioning, and when a person steps outside that they unsettle themselves by going outside the comfort zone and upset everyone else who then try to reel them back in to it. But what this means to me is, I'll never worry about not fitting in ever again.

Quote:
If anything I might hopefully see that defining it as nonsense is my way of negating what actually still be of import to me in what they do.

But sheer nonsense, not the kind of implied opposite of making sense, so much as just letting things drift about finding their own connections, taking away a need to impose sense on something before it even makes a sense... I like that. Not non as the opposing or imposing denial so much as non in the sense of nothing. Like jazz singing in a way when sounds just kinda come out and if the words are there they can make a profound kinda sense.. a new sense. Like nuisance, that's what I've gotten from this, but I forgot already, looking at the sense of being a nuisance.

That's a thing, the skat in jazz singing is pretty much nonsense... makes sense though, and my favorite lyrics of all time.

"Wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom!" ~ Little Richard
Old 09-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
Well, true self esteem cannot be destroyed. But suit urself.

I'm completely unaffected in terms of esteem but the multiple assertions directed at me.

Quote:
So what bout this, u havent answered this:

Probably would have other effect but to invite further derision.

Quote:
So... u are not part of it or somethin? :p To me this seems like u are on another level then others. Which is fine. Im just curious.

I'm not part of it, and that's what creates all the fuss. What is it exactly that everyone thinks they're a part of? What does one have to be in order to from a part of it?
Old 09-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's not me who's asserting anything, so from your position it's easy, just keep inventing the narrative. That's what you're doing. It's not 'what you're saying' it what you assert. If I did accept it, meaning believe it, my self esteem would be destroyed. Now you're trying to manipulate me into believing the things people say about me.

The sensory affect I feel isn't pleasant, and that's how it touches me, but the manipulation that's designed to rile me, and tame me into social submission, is not going to work.

All you have been doing is asserting your opinion. People have seen you do it in this thread over and over again. You have been proven wrong and everyone has seen you keep fighting refusing to admit it.

Who is talking to you about submitting?

I shared my experience with my Guru and you accuse me of trying to assert control over you.

Quote:
You assert 'you have no clue' as a means of domination and then proceed with your lecture. 'Real guru' is your weapon that lends you power. Also in the arsenal are 'Jesus' and his words which are used ruses to elate your position to that of unquesionability. This highly manipulative tactic aggandiseso position of your own creation from which you can speak with authority. I don't buy it because I can see through it and I understand these kinds of coersion.

You have talked about traditions , and people telling you how to live your life. Each tradition is a set of practices. Nobody tells you how to live your life unless you join a monistary.

You have such an authoritarian complex that you are stuck. Others have said as much on this thread.

Nobody is trying to tell you how to live or how you should change. They are just saying your making there ****. meter go off a lot!

Why Gem does every thread end like this one?

Last edited by jonesboy : 09-03-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Master
It's really quite simple Gem. It is the ego that desires to uphold its sense of identity in the eyes of others. It doesn't like others having a view about it that doesn't match what it believes about itself, and thus feels the need to defend itself and influence public opinion regarding who it is. You have spent pages doing exactly this. There's really nothing to debate here, it's simple human psychology, and the proof is here in the pages of this thread for all to see.

And for the record, I'm not attacking you. I'm simply pointing out what you fail to see. You perceive it as an attack because you are overly defensive and have adopted this mindset that everyone is out to get you. The fact is that they are justified in their responses towards you. You put some stuff out there and now you are faced with the consequences of that. This should serve as a lesson to you, although you seem to be in denial about a great deal of what could otherwise serve you if you took in into consideration.

I wish you well. Hopefully you learn to let go of all this. Who cares what these guys are saying about you.. who cares what I'm saying about you. If I were you, I'd say.. "alright guys, thanks for the opinions. Later." And be done with it. As I said, this thread is a waste of your time. You have nothing to prove to anyone. I can say this with honesty because I've been in your position before and I've tried both routes. First I was defensive, and then I learned acceptance and letting go. Guess which one was the wiser choice? You may not realize it but I'm trying to help you out here. Take care.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Master
Quote:
In meditation, the silence comes easily. Perhaps, to help you understand - I do tai-chi and it is a something that kind of needs to be found through movement, rather than taught... but there is a middle space, where the focus is neither on the movement, nor drifting away into some other place. I imagine that for those whom the breathing technique suits, it is probably a similar scenario. But why do you not simply accept that this method isn't right for me? Do I really need to waste time examining why? Or could I continue using the methods that do work for me?

i do tai chi on the weekend :) If you think tai chi is working for you then continue. I am just saying the the reasons you are giving are the same that every beginner mentions.

Quote:
Wh would I waste my life in wanting to make a case? If it works for you, that's cool. I'm not going to bother with that particular method, because it isn't best for me. But it doesn't matter to me what you do and you seem comfortable in what you do. So there is nothing to make me want to bother making a case.

I don't thing we have determined that. Either case what may be best for you still does not mean that something that may not be the best still won't have a positive impact.

Quote:
Something that I use with respect!

Not trying to be a jerk but I don't feel anything from you. I don't feel any flows of energy that would lead me to believe you can send or receive energy.

I am always willing to join you in chat if I am wrong.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Knower
Got something nonsensical Vince, 'guess which one was the wiser choice?' this single sentence changes the whole or your text and adds tones of hostility.

Jb. Can you elaborate on your 'why gem does every thread end like this' please?

Gem, 'and it just gets more...' yeah that's the post that messed me up and broke my concentration. Lol

Mr. Interesting. You abruptly halted my assault. I still don't know if it makes sense or not but thanks because with out it I would not be able to say that I think I may be seeing something else I didn't before. It I don't know ill get back to ya. ;p

Hey gem. Lets play another game for a while. I want to write a story. Lets do this together. post one sentence that builds off the previous one. I'll start. If anyone wants to join in feel free.

"once upon a time there was a little slack cat."
Old 09-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Master
Hi kaimi,

Take a look at any long thread over in the meditation section. Every thread is the same thing. Someone new might come in and have a discussion but it all ends the same way.

Nobody can tell anybody what to do.
Nobody can tell Gem what to do.
Gem isn't telling anybody to do anything even when he is telling them not to do anything.
People call Gem out on his various points.
Gem never admits he is wrong.
It is all a projection against Gem who is just an innocent guy who everyone wants to change.
Goes down hill fast from there...

Sound familiar?
Old 09-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
It's really quite simple Gem. It is the ego that desires to uphold its sense of identity in the eyes of others. It doesn't like others having a view about it that doesn't match what it believes about itself, and thus feels the need to defend itself and influence public opinion regarding who it is. You have spent pages doing exactly this. There's really nothing to debate here, it's simple human psychology, and the proof is here in the pages of this thread for all to see.

And for the record, I'm not attacking you. I'm simply pointing out what you fail to see. You perceive it as an attack because you are overly defensive and have adopted this mindset that everyone is out to get you. The fact is that they are justified in their responses towards you. You put some stuff out there and now you are faced with the consequences of that. This should serve as a lesson to you, although you seem to be in denial about a great deal of what could otherwise serve you if you took in into consideration.

I wish you well. Hopefully you learn to let go of all this. Who cares what these guys are saying about you.. who cares what I'm saying about you. If I were you, I'd say.. "alright guys, thanks for the opinions. Later." And be done with it. As I said, this thread is a waste of your time. You have nothing to prove to anyone. I can say this with honesty because I've been in your position before and I've tried both routes. First I was defensive, and then I learned acceptance and letting go. Guess which one was the wiser choice? You may not realize it but I'm trying to help you out here. Take care.

What he said
Old 09-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Hi kaimi,

Take a look at any long thread over in the meditation section. Every thread is the same thing. Someone new might come in and have a discussion but it all ends the same way.

Nobody can tell anybody what to do.
Nobody can tell Gem what to do.
Gem isn't telling anybody to do anything even when he is telling them not to do anything.
People call Gem out on his various points.
Gem never admits he is wrong.
It is all a projection against Gem who is just an innocent guy who everyone wants to change.
Goes down hill fast from there...

Sound familiar?

What about the flipside of that coin? Thank you for your response.

Once upon a time there was a little slack cat. What he said was amazing, for as you and I know, cats don't talk.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi
Got something nonsensical Vince, 'guess which one was the wiser choice?' this single sentence changes the whole or your text and adds tones of hostility.

Lol. Thanks for sharing. There was no hostility involved, that sentence simply expresses that the choice was obvious.
Closed Thread