Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
People are what's bothering me.
Yes, I guess that sums it up very nicely. I just cannot get over how totally and ridiculously cavil, pedantic, semantic and nit picking most people are..and I doubt I ever will, so there has to come a time when I will be able to reconcile my misanthropy with my spirituality..because I need to accept that who I AM is a person who is totally intolerant of other short sighted, narrow minded, ignorant people because that will be me BEING MYSELF; when trying to love everyone and accept them all despite their flaws for the sake of this thing called "Spirituality" would be a classic example of me NOT 'being myself'.
Old 29-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Yes, I guess that sums it up very nicely. I just cannot get over how totally and ridiculously cavil, pedantic, semantic and nit picking most people are..and I doubt I ever will, so there has to come a time when I will be able to reconcile my misanthropy with my spirituality..because I need to accept that who I AM is a person who is totally intolerant of other short sighted, narrow minded, ignorant people because that will be me BEING MYSELF; when trying to love everyone and accept them all despite their flaws for the sake of this thing called "Spirituality" would be a classic example of me NOT 'being myself'.

That's why spirituality in the sense of that light and love hippy stuff is purely toxic. It forces you to do something against your own personality, and something that is impossible. Some people here who claim they are 'spiritual' while loving literally everyone are just being fake and deceiving themselves as well as others. To them I say no, cut that phony sh#t out and stop being fake because you simply can't love someone who you don't know. Universal unconditional love isn't real.
Old 29-09-2019, 01:50 PM
hazada guess

what s bothering me at the moment?.........Where do I start.lol.
Old 29-09-2019, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
That's why spirituality in the sense of that light and love hippy stuff is purely toxic. It forces you to do something against your own personality, and something that is impossible. Some people here who claim they are 'spiritual' while loving literally everyone are just being fake and deceiving themselves as well as others. To them I say no, cut that phony sh#t out and stop being fake because you simply can't love someone who you don't know. Universal unconditional love isn't real.
I would agree with you.

I thought I loved God unconditionally...turns out that I only love God because He is NOT a human being, so the love is conditional after all.

If the Divine had all of the same flaws and faults as the average person, there is no way I would ever be able to love Him.

God transcends all of the phony sh#t and thus, is deserving of my love.

Of course I have flaws as well, but I don't expect others to (over)compensate me for them...my flaw is that I am intolerant of people who have flaws, so in a way, I am self intolerant...but I have learned to live with that...I have had NO choice, but where others are concerned, free-will is a thing that I take full advantage of.

What irks me the most are people who believe they are the self-appointed spokesperson for the collective opinions of humanity..."and I am sure that everyone will agree with me there".

.....and those who say stuff like "you shouldn't drink orange juice because in 3% of the population, it causes GERD, insulin resistance, hyperacidity and tooth decay, so orange juice is a BAD thing and should be avoided at all costs....and I am sure everyone will agree with me there....love and light".

Grrrrr...
Old 01-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi BlueSkiez.

I hope it's not cheating but I have two answers to your question, and they are both pretty much copying what other people have said.

The first is your own answer about not being as good as I used to be. Before I had even read that you had written this yourself, I knew it was my answer. I recently lost my longterm relationship and job and I know its because I'm not the version of me that I was before. I wish I was still strong like that guy and could make people happy like he could.

The second is humanity (or people as another poster has replied). I've had a couple of things happen to me lately, and a couple of jobs that have really opened my eyes to how awful people can be. And not only that, humanity is doing so much damage to this wonderful planet and other beings on it. I really want to do something with my life to try and help the planet and it's creatures, but really do feel powerless at the minute. So I guess my two answers are linked somewhat - I feel like the old version of me was the kind of person who could make a difference...
Old 09-10-2019, 01:25 PM
Master
Being disconnected, I've been this way for as long as I can remember. For the most part I find it "useful" to be this way. You learn alot about yourself and others because I learned to observe just to entertain myself. When you're young, that not a problem. But as you age and mature you start processing everything you observed up to this point. That makes you even more disconnected. Observing, thinking about what you seen isn't fun anymore. It's actually scary as hell. The you think, why was I born this way. Why did I have to know everything I observed. I hear people brag about being a " lone wolf" or a loner. I can tell you one thing, if the really were they wouldn't be bragging about it.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:57 PM
Newbie ;)

If Someone is Bothering you

Hi All,

If someone is bothering you and you are very annoyed.
Just see this video in YouTube, after that you will get proper answer how to tackle.

Go to YouTube and write - If something is bothering you, do this 3 simple things.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:28 PM
Knower
A couple of things bother me. I admit they are probably petty, not really affecting me even indirectly. But they annoy me nevertheless:

1. Fast and loose use of the word "karma". Karma is not a 1:1 correspondence of action:reaction, crime:punishment, action:reward. It is not "paybacks are a *****. Example: poachers in Africa eaten by lions. A person who leaves their dog chained outdoors in heat and snow, and finds himself lost in bad weather. That's not karma. So what is karma? Karma is simply action, any kind of action. The root word is kṛ, pronounced kru, with the u sort of like "book". My actions may or may not come back to me (probably will maybe a million more lifetimes away), but they do set up a chain of events.

2. Undertaking kundalini yoga, kriya yoga, "opening chakras", tantric practices, chanting beej mantras without the guidance of a qualified guru or other experienced teacher. I see so many posts and comments around the 'net about people thinking that by "releasing kundalini" their problems will be solved. That they'll gain spiritual enlightenment and uplifting.

Newsflash it's not a quick nor safe process to DIY. Example from another site: a person is "in a bad place". Casual response from another poster, "Wherever you are at, Kundalini Yoga can help you through the storm! Read up on it, it was my answer to every emotional issue I had in life! Good luck!" My response what "Bad bad bad advice. For a person who is experiencing any kind of personal turmoil, undertaking something like kundalini yoga without the guidance of a guru is not only asking for trouble, it's demanding it." And I believe this. These are disciplines and techniques practiced in India for thousands of years under the guidance and tutelage of a qualified teacher, not reading a book or watching a Youtube video. I am concerned about the number of people who think these are quick fixes, people who can wind up doing more harm to themselves than good.
Old 20-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Ascender
Negativity has been bothering me. Trying to feel better
Old 21-11-2019, 09:14 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkiez
Let's discuss what is bothering us. It can be anything, but let's try to keep it to what's at the most forefront that is bothering you.

Then hopefully someone can chime in with any advice or insights. :)

I'll go first... it is bothering me a lot that I feel like I'm not as good as I used to be, it's just irritating. That old version of me is dead and gone, but my consciousness strives for that experience again. I just need to go with the flow for about a year and I'll be good.

Please feel free to say what's bothering you too, and well try to help.
But is this a "spiritual" problem?
(Aside from any discussion about whether or not we're all spiritual anyway). If I find myself with a problem I use whatever means I have to deal with it. It may incur techniques that can be used in spiritual/self-development but without the spiritual application. Planning; contemplation; analysing what's really at the core, etc.

Regarding things like the dynamic me / us all, that's the consequence of life-experiences. I've mellowed a lot over the past decade. It might bother me if I were a person of sloth and complacency...in fact, complacency would bother me a lot! But I don't think I am.

If I need to get something done, I get it done. This time of year is often a bit slack so far as my "trade" income goes so I'll apply to the local supermarket as a Christmas temp... not the most riveting job in the world but I do get plenty of exercise! If the outfit decides 'no' then it'll just be a frugal Christmas and I'll fill the time sharpening up my trade skills. However, I'm down to play at 2 receptions in December so far ....