Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Pathfinder
DE-veil

I awoke this morning with this in my mind. Devil = DE-veil. I asked my higher self to speak to me before I fell asleep last night, and the the way this message stood out in my mind as soon as I became conscience, leads me to believe it may not be from my mind. I understand the immediate meaning, as the devil being the one who gets rid of the veil.
What exactly does this really imply though? It seems much deeper than this simple understanding, which is contrary to mainstream belief that the devil means us harm.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Master
It think maybe what it means is that the devil is what binds us and we have to de-veil ourselves.

The English word of devil is rooted in the word "Evil" it just has a D in front. Same with God and Good.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Master
I took it completely different. More like Amilius, De-veil = devil.
If we could see who we are and our divinity in each other and ourselves the devil/de-veil would be gone.

The devil is the illusion that seperates, confuses, torments us and keeps us from the truth. Cool guides can I borrow them? :)
Old 08-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
It think maybe what it means is that the devil is what binds us and we have to de-veil ourselves.

The English word of devil is rooted in the word "Evil" it just has a D in front. Same with God and Good.

As I recall it the name derives from Diabolo or diavolo (Italian for devil - the v is often substituted for b in modern words derived from latin French diable. Where we get the word diabolical. Not 100% certain but I think the Latin is diabulus.

IIRC, the origins of the word "evil" are lost in the mists of time - probably from proto-German.

Sometimes we awaken to the way words are made up - e-veil - it's a good exercise for contemplation. They bring a new slant to an idea often too ingrained, how we discover links we never suspected! I had this with "hedonist" which suddenly sprung to mind as "head-on-ist" someone who crashes head on with the current Christendom/monasterial morality.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Master
I interpret it the same as TheGlow and feel your Higher Self gave you a nifty way to see it.

Until awakening there is a veil over our eyes separating us from first hand experience of what we really are. This veil keeps us in illusion or believing life is a way in which it's actually not. Sin and evil can be seen as acts, thoughts and intentions which will cause harm seen or unseen to self and others - acts against the loving nature which is at the root of each of us.

To de-viel is to remove that which separates us from the Greater Reality, removing all which is not Love from our hearts and thoughts....ie removing the evil within. Devil within. 'Devil' being the egoic thinking mind which leads us to act and react in ways which are not in accordance with the Love which we are.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
I took it completely different. More like Amilius, De-veil = devil.
If we could see who we are and our divinity in each other and ourselves the devil/de-veil would be gone.

The devil is the illusion that seperates, confuses, torments us and keeps us from the truth. Cool guides can I borrow them? :)

The veil is usually attributed to that that shields feminine Mysticism from the masculine. I tend to think of the illusion as maya, the confusion.

A long time ago I associated the word diabolo with double - two-faced when applied to a spiritual entity.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:09 AM
Pathfinder
Cool guides can I borrow them? :)[/quote]

LOL, if you can find them, your more than welcome. I haven't been able to consciously communicate with them yet.. I'll ask tonight if they will swing by to say hello to you ;)

I don't disagree with any of the thoughts here, and I greatly appreciate the attention given.
As for the play with words, I feel that the devil part of the message stems more from the root of the Lucifer definition (light bearer) of the more commonly referred devil. Not so much as a being of darkness, or evil. I think the word devil is much more modern than the (what I believe to be) original name. Which I believe also, that the whole meaning, and persona of this Lucifer has changed from the original meaning.
With this being said, could it imply simply that in order to know the light, you must first know darkness? I don't know, just throwing darts here.
I just want to say that I'm thankful for all of you, and the time y'all take to try to help me understand the unexplainable. I'm reminded everyday as I'm on my spiritual journey, that "all your intelligence will fail you." In trying to understand the mysteries.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Master

The devil or evil awakens us to a higher truth if we can be awakened. This cuts the veil of illusions. It has an important reason for being here on this 3D planet. We need this'polarity to evolve, that is why we reincarnate. What does evolve mean? Raise our consciousness.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmooth13
As for the play with words, I feel that the devil part of the message stems more from the root of the Lucifer definition (light bearer) of the more commonly referred devil. Not so much as a being of darkness, or evil. I think the word devil is much more modern than the (what I believe to be) original name. Which I believe also, that the whole meaning, and persona of this Lucifer has changed from the original meaning.
With this being said, could it imply simply that in order to know the light, you must first know darkness?

Interesting how the name Lucifer has evolved. Just a view - I'd say it's more that one starts in the dark and moves toward the light. The dark isn't a problem - it's (to me) about what's unknown, innocence, rather than evil or bad. As one learns, so the light is brought to bear. It's the Christian ideology that emphasises and equates Lucifer with devil.

Other members here will know more than me about this, so perhaps they can put me right - but the more esoteric readings of Genesis refer to the Tree of Knowledge and Tree of Life. To a Kabbalist it's about starting at the bottom (of the Tree of Life) and climbing back up toward the crown. Hebrew wisdom mentioned an entity that translates into "Lucifer" in the Latin Vulgate being thrown out of heaven??? (the place where God was doing his stuff) because he criticised God's design of humanity. The Hebrew God is always angry, ready to raze entire civilisations that don't conform so no surprise he threw such a critic out.

There's a "hidden" point/Sephira on this Tree of Life - Da'ath - on the one hand regarded as a sort of cosmic dustbin, on the other seen as the point at which the other 10 sephiroth unite. No matter Daath translates from Hebrew as "knowledge" and were it to unite the remaining sephiroth it would be the casting of light on them but would only be visible to those who have progressed enough to be aware of the limitations of ego. It stands between the Sephiroth Binah and Chkmah (understanding and wisdom) while not linking directly to them.

So is Lucifer about bringing knowledge as well as light?

Old 09-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Master
Devil-Lived

Someone was looking at things back to front me thinks. That is all.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder