Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-07-2016, 08:45 PM
Master

I was watching a video the other day. A Yorkshire Terrier had fallen off a pier into rough seas and was drowning.

A young man saw what was happening, stripped down to his underwear, swam out to the dog and brought it safely back to dry land. Then he put his clothes back on and went on his way.

What a beautiful thing to do.

It doesn't have to be a world-changing grand gesture. Beauty and nobility of spirit can be expressed and reflected in many different ways.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 04-08-2016, 11:30 AM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyawaywithme
I feel im at the lowest point ever in my whole life.
Someone please tell me what you did to make your life meaningful
when it didnt have any meaning at all.
Being at a low point does not feel good.

What I do to get out of a slump is to read the wise teachers that
are here on earth for just that reason...to help us see.
They seem to be here to help us
feel happiness, love, compassion, joy, kindness, power, confident and free.

We were not born to be despondent, but to laugh and enjoy it here.

Find titles of books like, "The Art of Life"...
"The Game of Life and How to Play It"...
"Your Immortal Reality"...
"The Art of Spiritual Healing"
"Nothing is Too Good To Be True"
"In the Flow of Life"
"Discovering the Power Within You"

Ha, I bet you didn't know these titles were out there.

They were written by very advanced people to help us with the basics.
It is a start to finding meaning to existence itself...life here is trip!

Take care, good luck, it does effort.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
I feel im at the lowest point ever in my whole life. I really have nothing to lose, and maybe everything to gain if I can muster up something inside me to go out into the world and make something out of my life.

Someone please tell me what you did to make your life meaningful when it didnt have any meaning at all.

I remember what that was like, its when I took my own life. I was saved (of course) and I remember not being happy that I was saved. It was not until years later through the meeting of different people and interesting experiences that I found life worth living again.

The truth is I am still searching. What makes my life meaningful are the people I have in it, and I made those connections by going out into the world no matter how scary it was, and making a difference.

Do what you are doing. Post on forums, go on chatsites, get your voice out there. Volunteer, or do some charity work where you feel you are making a difference.

For me, I met people through my community and reconnected with my family is what made my life worth living again.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:03 PM

De-program from all of your societal conditions. Name, age, race, class, anything the society projected onto you you must let go at some point in time in order to allow real meaning to come into your daily life.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Deactivated Account

The Pursuit of Happiness....

I became an alcoholic, a sex addict, anorexic, got addicted to shopping, became rebellious, all in the name of trying to find happiness.

But I learned that money, sex, things, and whiskey would never give me true happiness.

So then I thought, having a purpose to my life would make me happy. But again I learned, no amount of goals, no amount of dreams fulfilled, no amount of success would ever make me truly happy. For as soon as I reached a goal, I would always be back where I started... just in the moment with myself, unhappy.

So then I thought, maybe the reason I'm unhappy is because I'm alone, I need better parents, a better family, loving friends, a sense of community, and I need to find true love. Maybe the world around me is wrong. Maybe people and humanity is the reason I'm unhappy. For the longest time I put people and relationships on such a high pedestal, until one day I learned that people and relationships would never make me truly happy. It was not the world that made me unhappy.

And that was literally the last straw for me. I was out of options. I broke down, hit rock bottom and was like, what is wrong with me? Why can't I find happiness?

And then I had a revelation, much like Buddha did. It came to me in a vision, where I realized exactly what Buddha realized.
True happiness comes from within. I did not need people, I did not need goals, I did not need meaning, purpose or anything to be happy in life, I just needed to rely on myself.
In the moment, everything is good, especially when you can rely on your higher self to get yourself through rough times. That gave me the sense of freedom and happiness I wanted all of my life.

Now I can literally just be by myself, in the moment, and truly be happy, without trying to find happiness from anything outside of myself.

And the cool thing about that, is that this happiness also flooded me with this overwhelming sense of gratitude. I just started loving my life, my house and all the things I am blessed with, and the cool thing about that is, everything in my life changed around and I started attracting lots of abundance and beautiful things. And I think that could have only happened once I changed my perception.

I think maybe that lesson I learned comes easier to other people, for me it took a really long time to learn that happiness comes from within and that I don't need search for it outside of myself.

Then I started to stop living my life for other people. I just started to be selfish and focus on me, only me. Just paying attention to what I love, and what I want. And that is how I found my dream career, and that is how I became aligned with what I believe is my true calling here.

Life doesn't need to have a meaning when you realize the meaning is inside of you. YOU are the meaning. Nothing else out there matters, it's true.
Just rely on yourself and it will all fall into place.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
I feel im at the lowest point ever in my whole life. I really have nothing to lose, and maybe everything to gain if I can muster up something inside me to go out into the world and make something out of my life.

Someone please tell me what you did to make your life meaningful when it didnt have any meaning at all.

Hello, I really like your profile name "Flyawaywithme"; I'll tell you what I've done or do but first wanted to mention that the profile name in relation to the thread give me the impression that your a bit disconnected from this world perhaps either heavily developed in upper chakra areas or more drawn in that direction and less in the direction of the lower chakras. There's an importance in balancing all of them and if you want an immediate fix till life balances out a crystal can do that, but for me, I love the feel of the high charkra aspects of life and often ignore the lower which is great until the outside world starts to feel like a drag.

The lowest points of my life have been rooted in self doubt; the highest points have been rooted in optimism - my situation constantly changes but the greatest factor has simply been outlook because my health/wealth/relationships always seem to be similar even though I feel differently about myself. The greatest factor impacting my outlook is natural form and light and perhaps a cool creek if it's super hot outside. I get depressed indoors or in a city and find myself feeling recharged, more optimistic when I go to a natural place where I can be away from anyone I know or don't know, spend a few hours just intuitively exploring and relaxing. So that recharges me but having a plan to change things that you can work on for the future helps a lot to so maybe go to a good place and don't stress about it but make a possible plan to work towards to correct an issue limiting your connection to this world.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 25-08-2016, 11:32 PM
Seeker

Quote:

Sounds like you are at a pretty low point in life, and it sucks. I've been there. And it is really hard to muster anything up at that point.

Now, this is gonna seem like weird advice, but hang in there: I don't know if my life has much actual meaning, per se. But I like my life.

What actually pulled me out of the place you are in is having hope for the future and i'm content with my everyday life overall. But it is really hard to have those things at a low point, and I understand that. It can even be hard to assess your life in that state. Some folks at this point would probably recommend a therapist, meditation, medication, or the like. If you think any of these things would help get you to a more hopeful place, there is nothing wrong with any of these. No one will be able to give you your answer, but they can help on your journey.

Some things you can't fix or change, and those are the things you have to find some peace with. You can't change your past, for example, or your parents.

Some things you can change, if they are present. Bad relationships, for example, can be left. Jobs can be changed.

And there are some things you can work towards. Are there things you like to do that you aren't doing? Do you have obtainable goals? Do you have hobbies?

the hardest part for me was motivation to take action. And the way to get out of that rut is simply to do something every day - even if you don't feel like it.

Much luck :)
Old 26-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Seeker

Talk to your heart. Your heart contains intimate knowledge about you as a person.

I was raised to use my head and never be one of the silly people that made rash desicions using their hearts. Since I started making desicions using my heart instead of my head life has been infinitely better, happier and richer.
Old 28-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:

Volunteer work, selfless work can help I believe. It helps change ones perspective and it feels good. I use to volunteer at a wildlife rehab and as a hospice helper.
If you love animals, I highly recommend the wildlife rehab.
Other than that if you truly ask yourself what do you want out of life, you may find your meaning there. I always wanted a family and pets and to be a grandfather and that's exactly what I got. I give it meaning.
Old 28-08-2016, 08:30 PM
Master

Quote:

Hi Flyawaywithme,

Try combining any of these:
ask, listen, observe, serve, create, aspire, inspire, appreciate, love, be happy, be grateful, pray, meditate…

with any of these:
sincerely, receptively, unconditionally, selflessly, assiduously, cheerfully, willingly

Lots of possibilities!

It’s already within - but if you are talking about material or personality ambition - that may be in conflict with an emerging spiritual aspiration. Awakened spiritual seekers get caught in a limbo of ineffectual drifting when they abandon ‘personal ambition’/ego motivations as obsolete, similar to outgrowing conventional organized religion - but do not become receptive to new spiritual means, often rejecting what could be fulfilling, because too different from the old familiar, or fear of the yet emergent unknown - so they languish, instead of searching, trying, creating.

~ J