Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin
Hey Moonglow, thanks for expanding on your answer; I feel that I share your tentativeness in relation to the above, it is all very dynamic so much so that it would take a great deal of time to unravel how it all relates and to what degree of impact it all has. "What is sensed without a word being spoken." I liked that line you wrote a lot, that's a good way of expressing it; it would be nice (I should start to) to start identifying the invisible forces which I feel have a greater impact on life than "life" its self. You mention intuition but this would just be one such force, others are something like the collective mind of an area, the Self, gravity, and dimension….?

I also know very little of astrology; I have only recently started to reference it because in developing my own order to things via intuition and experience I have found that my ideas of things isn't new but is a well established ~science that traditionally I've been drawn away from studying.

Oh and a last thought is I have noticed that my own abilities to comprehend relate to the people I am around which I would say lines up with what you have already said but is distinct in my mind as being not a feel but an impact of thought; however, the distinction between thought and energy is not concise but we often or rather I often identify myself with who I am which is as the above would suggest is not wholly independent but rather is to a degree a sliding scale.

Hi Dustin,

Just adding some thoughts.

Yes, there seems many factors that influence what one may believe.
Culture one is raised in, what one may discover or realize with in oneself, and what is learned as a global society, just to name a few that come to mind.

Human history reflects how some beliefs have changed, while others still seem to be present. To me, it all seems to seep into the consciousness on some level.

As I have noticed with in myself these factors can have an impact upon my thoughts and how I perceive the world. Sometimes takes sorting through it and finding what may serve and what may hinder me.

Last edited by Moonglow : 21-08-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Old 21-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
Depend of if the belief is harmful or not.

Those radical muslins who believe that killing people not of thier belief ie us infedials or whatever they call us.. who believe they will get virgins in heaven for killing us in suicide bombs. I cant say they arent making a difference to the world in a negative kind of way as its caused a lot of fear.

or Hitler believed in a supreme white race. Look what his beliefs did

A belief can impact a lot of things and all the rest of us too. It can be a powerful thing. Beliefs are often like contagious too.. they can grow and spread.

A belief can close someones mind off to knowledge and screw up their perception of other things. People for so very long believed this earth was flat and not round as they'd be imprinted with this belief so couldnt see another possibility.

I dont care much what others choose to believe as long as it isnt affecting others negatively

Hi sea-dove,

To me, some beliefs can be projected in harmful ways to others.
What is the cause and how to reduce the influence seems at times a tricky one.

Yes, some action are pretty obvious and the harm is seen, while other action may be more subtle and the results may take some time to see.

Your view of doing no harm I can agree with. Yes, beliefs can be very powerful and can lead to great changes both positive and negative. Suppose depends on how they are acted upon.

Thank you
Old 21-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Dustin,

Just adding some thoughts.

Yes, there seems many factors that influence what one may believe.
Culture one is raised in, what one may discover or realize with in oneself, and what is learned as a global society, just to name a few that come to mind.

Human history reflects how some beliefs have changed, while others still seem to be present. To me, it all seems to seep into the consciousness on some level.

As I have noticed with in myself these factors can have an impact upon my thoughts and how I perceive the world. Sometimes takes sorting through it and finding what may serve and what may hinder me.

Cool......
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]