Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Nightmare

I'm sure nobody chooses anything.

Last edited by Nightmare : 08-06-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:13 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsakra
I have browsed the threads and I think that this is the best place to post my question.
If we were all non-physical beings and choose to come forth for the human experience, how much could we decide about our lives on earth? Did I choose my parents, my country, my race, my physical features all before I got here?
When I leave my earthly body was it agreed before or is my higher self pushing some of the buttons? I find this agreement factor very intriguing.
I would love to hear some points of view, and I love learning new things too.

Hi Samskara, To answer your question...no one signed you up. The only person that can sign you up is yourself if you subscribe to the belief system being offered to you. I think it is important to remember that any belief you read or have handed to you is just someones interpretation of how they view their surroundings. There is no truth to be found in what you read or what someone tells you.

It would seem that the human brain is its own worst enemy and it will try to solve a puzzle even if there is no puzzle to be solved present. It is the nature of the brain to try make sense of everthing and give it some kind of purpose. The problem is once it reaches a conclusion and all the pieces fit some minds will stop the search and not fully explore the possibiliies of the belief, which on occasion results in ways to justify taking another life or letting an innocent soul pass over. The saying "blinded by the light" just came to mind.

If i could offer you any advice at all it would be never get stuck at a conclusion and always continue to research the truth.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:09 PM
RichMartini

Life planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortedsoundz
You know, often I stop and think "Did I really sign myself up for this ca-ca?" I suppose there is a basic outline but I don't know. Life is just too fluid for everything to just be so rigid and meticulously planned before incarnating into a body.

Hi Distorted Soundz, Samskara.

As to the issue of "signing up" for this journey; what people say under deep hypnosis, what I've experienced myself when visiting my life planning session is this, yes, people do sign up to learn things and lessons in this lifetime. If you check into Michael Newton's work "Journey of Souls" you'll find quite a few references to what he calls life planning sessions. Again, this is not philosophy - this is what people have been saying for 50 years now (Newton published in 94 after surveying thousands - there's been thousands since). It's not a belief system in any way - it's just what people are reporting.

I've done the work in examining the reports, filming people under hypnosis and doing a couple of six hour sessions myself. I can only tell you that based on my five years of filming these sessions and reporting them, they're remarkably consistent on the details. And they are simple; we have a soul group, people we've been reincarnating with for eons. (between 3 and 25 individuals, the average is 15). You can recognize them by meditating on your own life - who has had a profound influence or who do you feel you've known forever? Generally, people see these folks in their sessions in their soul group. Sometimes its a shock who is in there - someone you might have consider an enemy may be there as well.

And there's a life planning session - scripts aren't handed out. Costumes aren't assigned. But the story points - who you're going to marry to have or not have children - who is going to thrust you into the journey you're supposed to be on - who is going to help you experience the various energies you'd like to learn from in this lifetime - they are discussed. But.. we have free will, so we can screw up the plan at anytime. And people report that as well - returning home to the life between lives where they're teased about screwing up the plan. We've done this thousands of times - just like going on a stage in a theater - we don't always get the story line right.

Do we decide how many freckles we're going to have? No. We're usually given a number of possibilities - lifetimes in different locales if you will, and people report being able to examine those choices in detail. One woman <snip> said she was presented with three locales - and she chose Paris. (who wouldn't?) But it's not just one person reporting these sessions - it's thousands.

In my own session, which I accessed during my own life between life session <snip> I saw myself volunteering for a film career. I claimed that "words and images have healing properties, and that I could heal people through the use of images and words." Then, as I talked about it in my session, <snip> I said "I'm just not very good at it." Which got a laugh from the therapist and the people I was addressing in the session - laughs from two different planes at the same time.

It's a matter of reframing who you think you are. Pretend for a moment that you did choose your parents, choose yourself. What was the reason behind it? Then imagine if you will that those who've had a profound influence on you - a lover, husband, wife - were also part of that journey. And what became of that meeting? And when you examine the actual meeting itself (as I've done with hundreds of people) what can you remember about the emotion of that very first meeting when you met the person who had a profound influence on you? I've heard answers like "I don't know, I just knew we were going to be married, something about him or her felt like home, or I felt like I've always know them." It's always reported to me, at least, in the past tense. Like they already knew this person before meeting them.

So people don't report any kind of micro-managing - some kind of check list that we go through during our lifetime. How boring would that be? But what they do report is that those who've had a significant part of your journey here, your parents, loved ones, friends, comrades - all signed up to help you in some compassionate way. And again - I'm not philosophizing a belief system, I'm just reporting what people have said.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Starbuck.

What i have noticed that people who go through so much,are normally the ,more giving they have more empathy, because they have been through so much themselves, i am a counsellor ans a councellor in both senses of the word, because im happy when im helping others,
you give out a light to others remember that.

Namaste

Thank you Native Spirit those are wise words. When I focus my energy onto helping others, even if just sending them healing, it does help and seems to give me life some meaning and purpose
Old 08-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Hi Richmartini

Thanks so much for posting the names of those books, I will definitely have a look. It hard to think I might have chosen my family and life circumstances but I can see the reasons behind it. It's slightly more of a struggle for me to think I may have chosen my present circumstances on some level too and that the same needs to be applied there.

Lots to think about...thanks for taking the time to post the information.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:27 PM
RichMartini

Here's a pretty interesting near death experience as recounted by an MD: http://www.btci.org/bioethics/2012/videos2012/vid3.html
Old 10-06-2012, 02:27 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMartini
Hi Distorted Soundz, Samskara.

As to the issue of "signing up" for this journey; what people say under deep hypnosis, what I've experienced myself when visiting my life planning session is this, yes, people do sign up to learn things and lessons in this lifetime. If you check into Michael Newton's work "Journey of Souls" you'll find quite a few references to what he calls life planning sessions. Again, this is not philosophy - this is what people have been saying for 50 years now (Newton published in 94 after surveying thousands - there's been thousands since). It's not a belief system in any way - it's just what people are reporting..
Hi RichMartini.

wiki: Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. Philosophy is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument. The word "philosophy" comes from the Greek φιλοσοφία (philosophia), which literally means "love of wisdom".

Writing that " this is not a philosphy or belief system" at the end of your posts is giving me mixed mesages as you seem to be doing more than just reporting what you have seen. From a reporting perspective i would think that a reporter would say "People claim to sign up to learn things and lessons in this lifetime" though you say "People do sign up". It looks to me that you are passing this information as your learnt belief with an amount of truth based on accumulated evidence over a five year period using a philosophical approach to propose a new found possible truth.

Quote:
In my own session, which I accessed during my own life between life session <snip> I saw myself volunteering for a film career. I claimed that "words and images have healing properties, and that I could heal people through the use of images and words."..

I agree that your words and images could heal people though they are just as capable of causing harm and destruction. Is it possible that your use of images and words are actually intended to deliver the negative aspect of such agreements? That you are placed here to set the seed and give people reasons to justify hurting others around them? Maybe this is what religion refers to when it says that evil will lead you to believe that you are doing something righteous and good but the true objective is three steps before you and very dark in nature.

Quote:
So people don't report any kind of micro-managing - some kind of check list that we go through during our lifetime. How boring would that be? But what they do report is that those who've had a significant part of your journey here, your parents, loved ones, friends, comrades - all signed up to help you in some compassionate way. And again - I'm not philosophizing a belief system, I'm just reporting what people have said.

Just so i understand your words correctly those that had a significant effect on each of our lives would include negative ways also for example...rape, murder, torture, extortion and molestation etc have all been carried out in the name of compassion due to this pre life agreement belief?

I have to know if any of you sf members with other spiritual beliefs have found a way to justify harming another in the name of compassion? Ive heard of tough love but this pre life agreement concept takes this to a whole other level which i find disturbing to say the least. Actually i may start another thread for this question.

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:58 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Hi Richmartini

Thanks so much for posting the names of those books, I will definitely have a look. It hard to think I might have chosen my family and life circumstances but I can see the reasons behind it. It's slightly more of a struggle for me to think I may have chosen my present circumstances on some level too and that the same needs to be applied there.

Lots to think about...thanks for taking the time to post the information.

I can relate to you Starbuck and i have struggled with the concept of choosing to learn lessons by negative means. There are all types of ways to learn lessons which are not dark in nature. For instance if we want to learn about loss become a councellor and help those that have lost a child through cancer. We could go to our local hospital and volunteer to help those that have been hurt as a result of a household accident and experience their pain and offer assistance. I dont understand why people think they have to be subjected to direct suffering to feel its effects when there is so much suffering on earth that is not delivered purposely by the hand of man.

Id like to think that if the place we came from is enlightened that they would know this and and assist us by making us more aware of suffering that goes on around us rather than being so self focussed. Maybe some of us humans just look in the wrong places for the right answers.

Native spirit, Knowing that you are a counsellor would i be rude to ask if it would be fair to say that you have witnessed the trauma associated with people being mistreated and as a result you yourself have become more compassionate toward the people around you and how you treat them? Is there much to be gained in observing others suffering over having to experience it yourself?

Do we have to starve in africa to learn compasion before we choose to sponsor a child?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Administrator
The misconception people have towards becoming a counsellor,they think that just by listening you heal, in a way you do,but there is more to it than that there are different types of counsellors,with different strengths,i am an all round counsellor i have done all the theories,and as a medium i am also a psychic counsellor, on top of that i have done mental health so i an able to go from one theory to another, some only stick to one,
i feel for myself take from a theory what works better for the client,
i have counselled a lot of people in my time,even before i did the training i was counselling,i am what is called a natural counsellor its part of who i am.
not all theories suit a person thats why i say if there is no trust between the counsellor and the client its never going to work,so you look for a counsellor more suited to your needs,
everyone that knows me will tell you confidentiality is my biggest word,what is said to me stays with me,unless its something i have to report it for safety reasons not just to myself but for others,

Namaste
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 PM
RichMartini

Hi Res, thanks for writing.

the short answer is I don't have time to satisfy the nomenclature involved - I try to add "claim" or "believe" to posts, but sometimes it's implied that all of it is subject to claims. For example Michael Newton claims that over his 50 year career, he's had over 7000 clients in deep hypnosis. And further, he claims that the people all had the same basic results.

I interviewed him and his wife - his wife to corroborate some details the he claimed - for example that he avoided bookstores with religious texts because he didn't want to be influenced in his questions by a title of some religious text. She confirmed that. She also confirmed that as a trained nurse, thought her husband was nuts when he shared what he was learning in his practice. She thought they were going to take him to an asylum. Until she heard the tapes - she told me - and then realized that these different people from different walks of life were saying the same things about the afterlife once they were under hypnosis. That there must be something more to it than coincidence when so many said exactly the same thing.

So from there, I thought "I need my own tapes." So I started filming people under hypnosis - with different therapists, from different walks of life - and they all said the same things about the afterlife. Then I did two sessions myself - two years apart - and despite being a skeptic, I had the same experiences. <snip>

At some point in the day you have to consider - who am I trying to convince of this information? The truth is - you can only write about your own experience and the rest is up to Providence. I can tell you from the emails I'm getting from around the planet that this research is helping people in profound ways. I'm not claiming that it's helping them - it actually is helping them. (one case a man with a lifelong kidney problem was cured during his session - and i mean cured because his Doctor told me that his panels had come back, and what had been originally diagnosed as renal failure, was now normal.)

At some point you have to say - do I really care about the community that isn't convinced as to the truth of what I'm saying? The answer is, there's only so much time in the day to speak about this research, I'll assume that those who don't believe it will add the word "claim" in their mind, those who do will add the concept of "wow" to theirs.

My point on mentioning philosophy or belief is that those words imply a kind of faith as to "this is how this works." I've been researching Newton's work, and those others who've had similar results, for five years now. I'm fairly well versed about how the process works. As you can see, I overwrite as it is - and who wants to slog through my point of view? I'm just reporting the facts. You can argue if they are facts. But they are what people are saying under hypnosis. It's not based on any belief system.

In terms of your questions about examining negativity - again, I'm not arguing any point of view, or trying to disrupt anyone else's belief system. This is what people say under deep hypnosis, and they say it in variations to different therapists under different conditions. If they said "Satan's lurking out there to punish you for being bad" I'd report that too. But they aren't. I'm sorry if these seems disturbing, but if you want my point of view as to why I believe this information is accessible now, and I'm not burned at the stake for reporting it, we have to come from the same perspective on the research at the very least.

The reframe occurs when you examine this research not from the perspective of being here for one lifetime - "Why am I not learning more?" "Why am I leading a boring life?" "Why can't I find my soul mate?" - try examining this information from the perspective of being eternal,and having many lifetimes. "I see, I'm impatient, I want to learn it all now, and can't bear to wait." "I see, I had some difficult lifetimes and this lifetime is almost a way of relaxing between more active lifetimes." "I see, my soul mate and I agreed to be with other people in this lifetime so we can experience different energies - we'll be back together soon." These are all direct quotes from sessions that I've recorded. Are they lying? I guess they could be. Were they influenced by Newton's books? Many of them never heard of Newton or his work other than trusting me enough to say "sure, you can film me under hypnosis - I don't believe it, I'm a skeptic, but what could it hurt?"

If you're curious as to why there are negative lifetimes, negative effects on lifetimes and what we can learn from that, I encourage you to read Newton's work <snip>. Once you've done that, we'll have a common language with which we can discuss these reports further. Either way, thanks for posting. And again - an interesting NDE for others of this forum: http://www.btci.org/bioethics/2012/videos2012/vid3.html

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:58 AM.