Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 01-01-2012, 05:50 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
This is why I am glad I am a witch,^
Could you clarify?
Old 01-01-2012, 06:07 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27

So, why would they teach you a life lesson? What would prompt them to need you to know anything? Is the universe sentient? If so, why would it hold any malice towards you?

It sounds very Karmic in a Buddhist POV...to learn from past mistakes in this life and to make this life worth while to benefit future lives...
Old 01-01-2012, 06:24 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
It sounds very Karmic in a Buddhist POV...to learn from past mistakes in this life and to make this life worth while to benefit future lives...
Yeah it does. But karma belongs to Dharmic religions, and not polytheistic religions in general; a person's individual karma isn't connected to any desire or want of a god. Which is why I am curious why a deity would be interested in punishing or challenging a person for the sole reason of life-lessons.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Occultist

Quote:
Could you clarify?
because waiting on a diety or arguing about a diety or debating on what diety is better bigger or more awesome or why dietys dont answer prayers quickly or why god never gave me <insert desire here> is just to complicated brings to much arguing and tension just do it yourself. enough said LOL.
she want to write what so bad in weaving something that will help her write if that infact is what the OP asked for bottom line OP has writers block just weaving something to unblock it. problem solved.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Mysticdreamer

Quote:
I clearly stated that I wasn't inferring you did anything wrong. I was merely asking you questions, which you avoided answering

So, why would they teach you a life lesson? What would prompt them to need you to know anything? Is the universe sentient? If so, why would it hold any malice towards you?

I don't know the nature of your religious beliefs; but due to the fact you referenced deities I would hazard to guess you are some kind of polytheist. What is your understanding of what a god is and it's function is in the world?

Actually I'll use anything if it gets the job done. *ducks from books and other things that might get thrown at her* I was raised as a Christian. As of right now I don't know what I believe in any more. I would like to believe that there's something bigger than us out there, but I haven't witnessed it. I know that magic works and I do believe in that, if nothing else. And if I was to believe in anything I wouldn't know what to believe in. Religion is far too confusing. For example, the oldest religion is said to be Hindu (which that religion kind of scares me. Don't ask me why.) but the one that is most practiced is different forms of Christianity. However, the ones that interest me the most are the Norse Gods but that doesn't mean that I believe in them. Also all of the "create your own spell" tutorials on the internet deal with deities, so therefore I'm pretty much stuck dealing with them, rather or not I believe in them.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
because waiting on a diety or arguing about a diety or debating on what diety is better bigger or more awesome or why dietys dont answer prayers quickly or why god never gave me <insert desire here> is just to complicated brings to much arguing and tension just do it yourself. enough said LOL.
she want to write what so bad in weaving something that will help her write if that infact is what the OP asked for bottom line OP has writers block just weaving something to unblock it. problem solved.
Thank you for the clarification.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticdreamer
Actually I'll use anything if it gets the job done. *ducks from books and other things that might get thrown at her* I was raised as a Christian. As of right now I don't know what I believe in any more. I would like to believe that there's something bigger than us out there, but I haven't witnessed it. I know that magic works and I do believe in that, if nothing else. And if I was to believe in anything I wouldn't know what to believe in. Religion is far too confusing. For example, the oldest religion is said to be Hindu (which that religion kind of scares me. Don't ask me why.) but the one that is most practiced is different forms of Christianity. However, the ones that interest me the most are the Norse Gods but that doesn't mean that I believe in them. Also all of the "create your own spell" tutorials on the internet deal with deities, so therefore I'm pretty much stuck dealing with them, rather or not I believe in them.
I understand.

Are you familiar with magic in general? Because I honestly advise against using any kind of pre-made spell online, most of the time. Because I am of the mind that a spell is many times more potent if you come up with it yourself, due to understanding of how it works. Rather than just repeating one.

Also, in my opinion, most of the horrible rhyming poetry spells one can find online that mention a particular god aren't a huge deal to me. I find it disrespectful and in bad taste. But I don't believe that some generic poetry is going to offend most gods. Or even get their attention
Old 02-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Mysticdreamer

I believe it's more or less something to focus on. A focal point that is used to harness the energy that you use in the direction you want it to go. Of course I could very well be wrong. After all the only thing that I know about magic is that it is basically "prayer with attitude". It's taking action in your life to come to results that prayer would take longer or probably never come to. It's your energy manifesting itself in a desired way. Also not all spells from the internet are entirely bad. I've tried numerous ones and most of them worked for me. At least the realistic ones. I did try to use one to zap me into the television when I was fifteen. Of course that obviously didn't work. If it had I would be chasing Lestat about right now with all the fan girl enthusiasm I had back then.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Occultist

Quote:
I believe it's more or less something to focus on. A focal point that is used to harness the energy that you use in the direction you want it to go. Of course I could very well be wrong. After all the only thing that I know about magic is that it is basically "prayer with attitude". It's taking action in your life to come to results that prayer would take longer or probably never come to. It's your energy manifesting itself in a desired way. Also not all spells from the internet are entirely bad. I've tried numerous ones and most of them worked for me. At least the realistic ones. I did try to use one to zap me into the television when I was fifteen. Of course that obviously didn't work. If it had I would be chasing Lestat about right now with all the fan girl enthusiasm I had back then.
Spell is not a prayer with attitude.. there is a huge diff between spells and prayers. Spells we control In magick, we use our inner energy, combined with earthly and elemental energy and send this forth do accomplish the goal of our spell. so we infact are taken back our power and mote it be.
In a prayer your submissive on bended knee asking a diety for service in getting something done you actually take away your power and energy and wait around for a diety to get back to you. Spells dont use dietys spells weave and in the spell we are the diety not asking but doing. huge difference.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:26 PM
SunMist

Quote:
I have been experiencing a burnout when it comes to writing and I no longer feel love nor passion for it. Yet I wish to feel both love and passion for my art. So which deities should I invoke? The three things that I wish to obtain through this spell are a strengthened love and passion for my craft, a strengthened imagination, strengthened visualization skills and of course inspiration. This is the very first spell that I have ever created on my own. So what things do you think I would need in this spell? Herbs? Candles? Stones? Water? Incense?

I haven't read through the whole thread but first instincts reading your post is for Saraswati. You can also use her mantra "om eim saraswatyei swaha" there are others too all easy to google. I find the mantras are useful because in chanting them and visualizing you can get connected very quickly with the energy of the deity in question. Good luck!