Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 17-10-2011, 01:29 PM
SpiralNature

Rituals

I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on time of day/night best used for rituals?

I personally prefer late evening/early night times as i feel a greater sense of peace and can connect more easily, but how about everyone else, do you prefer doing them in the morning?

And do you think that all rituals should be done at a specific time in the day/night?
Old 17-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Animus27

What kind of rituals?
Old 17-10-2011, 01:54 PM
SpiralNature

any and all really, any you prefer to do at a specific time?

i find it hard to do any ritual within the daylight hours, but that's just personal preference :)
Old 17-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralNature
any and all really, any you prefer to do at a specific time?

i find it hard to do any ritual within the daylight hours, but that's just personal preference :)
I usually do my weekly devotional early in the morning. But I sometimes do an evening one as well before bed. It depends on what the focus is as well, khthonic deities are reserved for night, etc.
Old 17-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Master
Dawn and dusk ! Two boundaries between day and night. Midnight, a boundary between one day and another.
Care is required if you "double-up" the boundaries - say, midnight as one season passes into another e.g. Samhain which is especially hazardous because it is also the boundary between one year and the next, the veil is especially thin then between Middle Earth and Underworld - my favourite time for ritual If you wanted extra potency, perform your ritual at a physical boundary e.g. a cave mouth or a spring, or the strand between high and low tides on a beach.

Last edited by norseman : 17-10-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 17-10-2011, 02:49 PM
SpiralNature

Animus, you must be an early riser i dont think id have the mental capacities before 12pm!

Norseman, very interesting, thank you. I hadnt considered that when applied to Samhain, i may have to try it this year.
I would love to do rituals outside but my immediate location and lack of driving abilities limit it some whati can hope for the future!
Old 17-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Master
SpiralNature if you do decide on Samhain, do not perform the ritual alone. I will be up in the Pennines at a cave.
Old 17-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Pathfinder
Personally I perform them when I have the chance (live with parents who don't agree with my path). Certain time (spring and summer) I'll get up at dawn to greet the sun, otehr times I prefer to work at night, and others is just when the house is empty
Old 19-10-2011, 09:15 PM
nightowl

I don't really have a specific time, I usually go by the leading of the Spirit or when a prayer request is made.
Old 21-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Raymond

I always ritual when the Moon is out {even if its cloudy and I cant see it} because it represents the Goddess to me.
I have a close friend who is a Druid and only does her thing when the Sun is out or rising.
The only time we ritual together is at the winter soltace sunrise ~ me saying goodbye and her saying hello

Bless, Raymond