Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 21-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
The highest realization we can talk about in Buddhism – where subject, object and action become one. Where one is spontaneously, intuitively and effortlessly one with all things at all times and places is called Mahamudra.

Yes that's it.

Quote:
at all times and places

A few minutes a day is good too lol.
Old 21-04-2019, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
That's actually a better way to say it. In my original post here, way back on page 126, on April 18th, I used the word "teach" and not "teacher" as you have done.

Thirteen words in a post containing 337. The meaning of which comes from the entire post, not 4 words taken out of context. I am making the same point Chogyam Trungpa did but at the time of that post I was not even aware of Chogyam Trungpa's quote or book. References to Chogyam Trungpa came many days later after I found his quote about the same subject.

But my meaning there, which you took out of context, was there is a difference between communicating what you are experiencing, what you are, and what you believe or think. So taking in my entire sentence there, which you chopped up to try to do a "gotcha" thing, finished with " he described what he was, what he was experiencing,"

Again, I was making the distinction between communicating an idea and communicating an experience. Between the conceptual and the actual. Between reality and the imagined. Both can be called "teaching" but what the speaker is and what they are conveying are vastly different. That was the meaning of that post and of Chogyam Trungpa's. You are free to invent your own meaning though.

These two lines are so similar...

When you are aware of this trick which you have played upon yourself, - Krishnamurti....

His incisive, compassionate teachings serve to wake us up from this trick we all play on ourselves,

I don't think that second line was written by Chogyam Trungpa but was from an introduction/review to the book. Still amazing to me they were talking about the same thing using the same language. Usually people use their own words to point to the same thing as shown in this thread.

Did you find the source you quoted please regarding Chojyam Trungpa ?

Q. Was Buddha a Teacher
A. No
Old 21-04-2019, 11:44 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon Rain

Just bit of mindless fun, helps the time tick by

Yea but I think the opposite applies here.

It's the words that matter
not the meaning!

That's my new motto.

You got to be sooooooo careful.....

Like if I post....

Quote:
"Joe never ate, he consumed like a vacuum cleaner!"

Then somebody posts this....

Quote:
Joe never ate

Rain is claiming Joe never ate! OMG!
Everyone knows Joe eats!!!!!!
Rain is dumb!

Then somebody else posts this.....

Quote:
Joe never ate,

But yea it is entertaining... maybe lol.The longer it goes on the more confusing it gets though.

After many days they will start looking at every post to spot differences and claim you put in the differences because you are an evil lying spy working to end the world as we know it. Then they start looking to see if words are added or subtracted, commas or periods out of place.....one false move and they post "Ah Ha You are sad and angry and crying in a corner with a blanket over your head!! That comma was removed and you changed Joe to Mary!
Old 21-04-2019, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Wrong again! But yea why do you keep talking about posts from days ago?

Go look at my post #1291. Here it is:

Now sky's post # 1355

Sky took out the word teaching there, not me. Not that I care.
I'm not sure why anyone cares. It's the meaning that matters
not the words!

No Sky didn't take out any words, what I posted are the actual words taken from his book, I have given you the name so you can look for yourself.
Old 21-04-2019, 11:46 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Q. Was Buddha a Teacher
A. No

Q. Was Rain95 a teacher?
A. No. lol
Old 21-04-2019, 11:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Thanks sky123...interesting.

I like this version - it makes sense.

One has no choice; you are there, an open person. Then the situation presents itself and teaching happens. That is what is called "Buddha activity."

I wonder if Rain95 intentionally doctored that one .. sad.

Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism is a popular book from quite a while ago - it would be in print version and unlikely to have different versions - as it was printed in English.

Thank you so much for revealing this truth.

JL

Yes it was intentionally doctured, you couldn't change the wordings from the book through error.
I have the book on my Tablet now and I'm looking forward to reading it
Old 22-04-2019, 12:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Q. Was Rain95 a teacher?
A. No. lol

So you can't show that CT actually said No when asked was Buddha a Teacher, I wasn't expecting you to post this conversation but it doesn't matter as I have proven my point that he never denied him being a Teacher, read his book Rain and don't alter the words of others, it's not very wise.
Old 22-04-2019, 12:06 AM
Suspended

Quote:
didn't take out any words...

It's a really strange game of tag.

Person X claims person Y left out words.
Person Y responds saying no person Z left out words.
Person Z responds saying no person Y left out words.
Person A responds saying nobody left out words.
Person Y tells person X look at post #562797 for the missing words.
Person Z tell person Y to look at book page 788712 for the words.
Person A says all the words are saying the same basic thing.

Why do we care!

But yes the important thing is the words, not the meaning.
That is my new motto!
Old 22-04-2019, 12:06 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:

After many days they will start looking at every post to spot differences and claim you put in the differences because you are an evil lying spy working to end the world as we know it. Then they start looking to see if words are added or subtracted, commas or periods out of place.....one false move and they post "Ah Ha You are sad and angry and crying in a corner with a blanket over your head!! That comma was removed and you changed Joe to Mary!

Oh boy!!!!
I'm in TTRROOUUBBLLEE.
If people look at my posts they will find me out.
But if they do find me out at least I'll know they care. LOL
Oh my, I believe that was the first time I ever wrote LOL.
It kind of hurt, a little.

()
^^^^
Old 22-04-2019, 12:07 AM
Suspended

Quote:
I have the book on my Tablet now and I'm looking forward to reading it

Yes good pay attention to the part on ego!