Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Light Earth

Moving logic out of the way...

Is it just me, or does every starting medium have a battle moving logic out of the way at first? I have had some interesting encounters, clairvoyantly, but really battle with my logical mind, which 'snaps' me out of the communication just at the wrong time.

Has anyone got any advice on this? I have been told to 'step out of my body' which works for a time, but something makes me want to go back and try to communicate whilst still in there!

Help, anyone?

Love, LE xx
Old 30-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Georgia

As my guide tells me, "shut up and do your job." I think it's pretty impossible to move logic out of the way. You are a human being with a human brain. Logic is a part of who you biologically are. Trying to get rid of your biology seems like a waste of energy. You are going to be logical, you are going to question what you are getting, you are going to want to clean up, clarify, and censor what you are getting from spirit. There is, in my opinion, no way around that. You are using your brain during communication - they are accessing your brain during communication. It will make mediumship slow and painful for you and for the spirits trying to communicate through you if you are putting your energy into getting out of your brain. Your job is to realize this about yourself, know who you are - you are a logical being - and then to take control of that. If you are passing on messages and logic is stepping and making you doubt your info, tell yourself you will let them decide, you will pass it on as it is given and leave the logic to the sitter. The confirmations you get will help to teach the logical part of you. Your logic of doubt and fear will be replaced by logic of trust and confidence in your abilities.

Hope that helps.
Old 30-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Light Earth

Hi Georgia

Thank you, yes that makes total sense. I guess what I meant was that more than just adapting the messages to make sense, I have been having this annoying snapping out of the moment in an almost 'what are you doing!?' kind of right brained denial of the whole process. It's like the connection is there and going well and then I 'kick out' of it. It's before I can get the messages out fully, I almost 'wake' myself out of the connection.

Thanks again for your reply & advice, I really appreciate it.

LE xx
Old 30-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Experiencer
Hi Light Earth,

Yes, I think all mediums encounter this problem to some degree, especially when starting out. It's very important to relax. As you correctly say, if you tense up or worry, you'll block the communication and make it all more difficult, so you can't actively try to fight it. In a way, you really do have to learn to calmly step aside and allow the messages to flow through you.

Just notice you are doing it, acknowledge it and put it to one side. If you communicate with your guides, you could ask for their help in resolving any anxieties you have around making mistakes or struggling to put messages into words. Also, every time you catch yourself questioning what you are doing, stop, take a deep breath, release any tension in your body, try to clear your mind or focus on some imagery, and try again.

Good luck.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Georgia

I have to say, I think you are snapping out of it because you are trying too hard to be in some non-physical place/state to do this. Just stay present, and then there is nothing for you to be snapped out of. Make sense?
Old 01-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Enya

This is very common for all mediums at various stages and the only real way to get past it is to TRUST completely. The logic voice is part of your ego and it's up to you to use the larger part of your mind to quieten it.
Wanting to go back and communicate while in your body is another factor of ego -and nosiness!

The key thing is to keep the flow going, so you could ask your spirit friends to give you a mental 'nudge' or diversion when you are close to snapping the connection. Mine tend to occupy my mind with various images until the larger 'me' recognises what's going on and gently pushes that part aside. Try to think of the process like a dance of energy - sometimes you are leading, sometimes the spirits are leading, but it all flows effortlessly and simply.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Light Earth

Oh, thank you so much for your replies, it's good to know that this is normal and I totally appreciate all of the advice. I will definitely take it on board, thank you. Will let you know how I get on!

With love,

LE xx