Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 26-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The issue of responsibility is important. I accept responsibility up to a point. But I'm not sure if I am responsible for what others are doing.

Where does my responsibility start and stop?
your not responsible for what others do. Only for what you do. It's up to you to fallow what others do. You choose to be a part of whatever you want.
Old 26-09-2018, 09:43 AM
Master
Quote:
I am not the only one here. I'm connected to everyone else. Therefore the concepts that I have in my mind are concepts of others. I may even be picking up other peoples energy within my mind.

I don't believe my mind is separate from the universal mind - I probably pick up on things happening there.

It's hard sometimes to follow what's what Honza, you jump from one thing to another and seldom follow up when others answer you..
Old 26-09-2018, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
your not responsible for what others do. Only for what you do. It's up to you to fallow what others do. You choose to be a part of whatever you want.

If a child who hasn't eaten in days steals a piece of bread, are they responsible?
Sometimes we are not responsible for our actions, and at other times we are responsible for the actions of others, it isn't so straight forward.

I personally think it all depends on ' Intent '.
Old 26-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If a child who hasn't eaten in days steals a piece of bread, are they responsible?
Sometimes we are not responsible for our actions, and at other times we are responsible for the actions of others, it isn't so straight forward.

a situation like that. If I could I would choose to give that child the whole loaf and some meat to make a sandwich. I would not punish for stealing. I am the only one who is responsible for my actions. That would be my action. A lot does depend on intent, I agree. Either way I am not taking responsibility for what that child did, but I'll take the responsibility of what I am going to do.
Old 26-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Master
Quote:

As true as that is, that's a whole other theoretical question and discussion. Whereas this dialogue is about one very real topic: taking full and complete responsibility both for one's thought processes, and what it is we project into the world as a result of those thoughts.

This entire thread is constructed on a false premise, an illusion really: the spiritual theory that external influences that are out of one's control, are in fact responsible for what goes on in one's mind. First Satan was identified as the possible culprit; and now the idea is being put forward that the "concepts of others" and "other peoples' energy" are what's causing the problem. These are the relevant observations as they relate to this specific dialogue. And in response to those talking points, I would say yes, we are in fact 100% responsible for our actions... or in this case, for what we choose to think and believe.
Old 26-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Master
Well what about telepathy? If someone is talking to you in the spirit realm are you responsible for what they are telling you?

Claiming 100% responsibility for my thought processes sounds laudable but it is probably neither realistic nor healthy. I see my self as an organic and spiritual being and not a computer program or scientific fact.

I am contemplating the issue of 100% responsibility - but as yet I am not sure if it is true or not.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 26-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Master
Perhaps you are being way too demanding Baile. I am not a high performance racing car. I'm here to speculate, discuss and learn.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 26-09-2018, 12:40 PM
Master
Quote:

just wanted to add to this, the child is responsible, but as with any person young or old put in that same situation would do the same out of hunger. But to own your actions and taking responsibility for what you do makes the all the difference. You can't blame someone or something just to pass the responsibility of owning what really happened any why you did it.
Old 26-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
just wanted to add to this, the child is responsible, but as with any person young or old put in that same situation would do the same out of hunger. But to own your actions and taking responsibility for what you do makes the all the difference. You can't blame someone or something just to pass the responsibility of owning what really happened any why you did it.

No it's not the child's fault, it's the adults who starved the child...
We can agree to differ
Old 26-09-2018, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Well what about telepathy? If someone is talking to you in the spirit realm are you responsible for what they are telling you?

Claiming 100% responsibility for my thought processes sounds laudable but it is probably neither realistic nor healthy. I see my self as an organic and spiritual being and not a computer program or scientific fact.

I am contemplating the issue of 100% responsibility - but as yet I am not sure if it is true or not.

" If someone is talking to you in the spirit realm are you responsible for what they are telling you? "

But you don't have to listen to them, that's your choice.