Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 09-12-2019, 10:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
to be clear. i certainly wasn't suggesting the mind and emotional body go away or don't have value. i was only describing the clearing process by bliss and silence. but can and always will also happen from the mind and emotional body before and after bliss. everything always has value imo.

In Tibetan Buddhism there is a wisdom mind beyond the mundane mind, where Siddhis are accessed, and underlying reality is apprehended. I don’t know if bliss is associated with this wisdom mind, but without siddhis and knowledge of underlying reality it wouldn’t be reckoned that one has arrived.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
In Tibetan Buddhism there is a wisdom mind beyond the mundane mind, where Siddhis are accessed, and underlying reality is apprehended. I don’t know if bliss is associated with this wisdom mind, but without siddhis and knowledge of underlying reality it wouldn’t be reckoned that one has arrived.

psychic. astral projection. mediumship. intuition. and whatever else. i have experinced the ones named and wouldn't think them in the realm of wisdom from bliss and silence. bliss and silence is wisdom in its purest form. the answer. i would think of spiritual gifts as like doing things. always going to be some other thing to do. bliss and silence quenches. and is the most basic answer to the universe.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 09-12-2019, 11:24 PM
Master
Compare your end point with the Tibetan Buddhist perspective:

The Tibetan term for Buddha, Sangyé, is explained as follows:

Sang means ‘awakening’ from the sleep of ignorance, and ‘purifying’ the darkness of both emotional obscurations and cognitive obscurations.

Gyé means ‘opening’, like a blossoming lotus flower, to all that is knowable, and ‘developing’ the wisdom of omniscience—the knowledge of the true nature of things, just as they are, and the knowledge of all things in their multiplicity.
The Seventy Verses on Taking Refuge says:

One who sleeps no more in ignorance,
And in whom genuine wisdom is brought forth,
Has truly awoken as an awakened buddha,
Just as one wakes from ordinary sleep.
As it says, ‘awakened’ means that ending the slumber of ignorance is like waking from sleep. And:

Their minds have opened to all that is knowable,
And they have overcome the tight seal of delusion,
So the awakened have blossomed like lotus flowers.
As it says, they are like ‘blossoming’ lotus petals in the sense that through their genuine wisdom they have overcome the tendency to ‘shut down’ through lack of knowledge, and their minds are open to all that can be known.

https://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Enlightenment

The wisdom of omniscience, open to all that can be known. This is my aim.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:41 PM
Master
Moving on.

We take it so for granted that the reference point of “me-I” exists. That this is “Reality What Is”.

We take it so for granted that the two parties “I” and the “other” exist. (This is the dual wall).

Doesn’t matter how much ‘loving-kindness’ this-being-doer doeth unto another and thinks it deserves a medal for it – the I & the other still remains.

It doesn’t matter how much we tell those “others” how in the name of right morality, tight & right attitude, rightness of bla. bla. bla. they should be being-doing-loving unto the world – this is just manipulation to ‘secure’ the “me-I” ……… and the duality of I & the other still remains.

It doesn’t matter how much the watcher is watching ‘this’ and getting insights into ‘this’ – the dual wall between this and that still remains.

So the question is what removes the dual wall?

Old 09-12-2019, 11:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Compare your end point with the Tibetan Buddhist perspective:

The Tibetan term for Buddha, Sangyé, is explained as follows:

Sang means ‘awakening’ from the sleep of ignorance, and ‘purifying’ the darkness of both emotional obscurations and cognitive obscurations.

Gyé means ‘opening’, like a blossoming lotus flower, to all that is knowable, and ‘developing’ the wisdom of omniscience—the knowledge of the true nature of things, just as they are, and the knowledge of all things in their multiplicity.
The Seventy Verses on Taking Refuge says:

One who sleeps no more in ignorance,
And in whom genuine wisdom is brought forth,
Has truly awoken as an awakened buddha,
Just as one wakes from ordinary sleep.
As it says, ‘awakened’ means that ending the slumber of ignorance is like waking from sleep. And:

Their minds have opened to all that is knowable,
And they have overcome the tight seal of delusion,
So the awakened have blossomed like lotus flowers.
As it says, they are like ‘blossoming’ lotus petals in the sense that through their genuine wisdom they have overcome the tendency to ‘shut down’ through lack of knowledge, and their minds are open to all that can be known.

https://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Enlightenment

The wisdom of omniscience, open to all that can be known. This is my aim.

i think you have misconstrued the message.

i havs met and known many psychics. i live with a psychic. i have met a couple of gurus. one guru was extremely intuitive. but there were certainly some things he didn't understand. i had to correct him about the construction work that had been previously done. having to do with the cement work. he didn't believe me and made some rather strange conclusion about it. some months later i saw him. made it clear he was wrong and got it fixed. im not knocking him. he thought he knew something but didn't. as all people do.

as far as myself. im speaking about bliss and silence. not making a claim i found an end to it. im certain there are many folks with more power than myself.

with all that said. don't wish to stand in your way of your objective. hope you prove me wrong.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 09-12-2019, 11:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Moving on.

We take it so for granted that the reference point of “me-I” exists. That this is “Reality What Is”.

We take it so for granted that the two parties “I” and the “other” exist. (This is the dual wall).

Doesn’t matter how much ‘loving-kindness’ this-being-doer doeth unto another and thinks it deserves a medal for it – the I & the other still remains.

It doesn’t matter how much we tell those “others” how in the name of right morality, tight & right attitude, rightness of bla. bla. bla. they should be being-doing-loving unto the world – this is just manipulation to ‘secure’ the “me-I” ……… and the duality of I & the other still remains.

It doesn’t matter how much the watcher is watching ‘this’ and getting insights into ‘this’ – the dual wall between this and that still remains.

My Tibetan Buddhist answer is remove the emotional obscurations and cognitive obscurations. They are what block the wisdom mind stream.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Moving on.

your link is hilarious! i agree with him. hope that guy doesn't go hunting. lol

Wherever I May Roam
Old 09-12-2019, 11:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
i think you have misconstrued the message.

i havs met and known many psychics. i live with a psychic. i have met a couple of gurus. one guru was extremely intuitive. but there were certainly some things he didn't understand. i had to correct him about the construction work that had been previously done. having to do with the cement work. he didn't believe me and made some rather strange conclusion about it. some months later i saw him. made it clear he was wrong and got it fixed. im not knocking him. he thought he knew something but didn't. as all people do.

as far as myself. im speaking about bliss and silence. not making a claim i found an end to it. im certain there are many folks with more power than myself.

with all that said. don't wish to stand in your way of your objective. hope you prove me wrong.

‘Awakened’ is beyond being psychic and beyond intuition, it is the ultra rare achievement, but this doesn’t mean it’s not possible, and not worth devoting your life to.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:16 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:

It's just a choice. You can't be an individual, an ego, without the dual wall.
Hardly anybody has much interest in dropping all their beliefs and opinions
and being egoless. So hardly anybody is without the dual wall.

We create the ego, so we create and sustain the dual wall.
The ego can't remove the dual wall. If ego exists so does the wall.
That's what the ego does, makes a difference between me and you.
Me and that.

The bummer is the ego wants to remove the wall. The ego wants to be enlightened too.
It will never happen. One guru said it's like a horse trying to get into it's own saddle. It's impossible.

You and me will never be without the dual wall. We will never be enlightened.
But when we drop ourselves, the wall is gone, and what is....
as soon as you describe it you are an ego again.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:28 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
My Tibetan Buddhist answer is remove the emotional obscurations and cognitive obscurations. They are what block the wisdom mind stream.

My "guru" answer to that would be there are no emotional obscurations and cognitive obscurations and nothing is being blocked. We are just choosing to keep our attention on our mind and thoughts. It creates the problem and solution. Both are just the shiny lights of ego saying look here. The now is always empty and that emptiness is an endless labyrinth to be explored. But it is the true unknown and only the unknown can experience it and explore it.