Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-12-2019, 12:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
To me, animals are naturally self centered, possessive, territorial, competitive and all of that. We are animals of the mammal class. But then somebody can view animal behavior, like fighting, killing for food or territory etc not a negative or violent thing I suppose. To me it is violent and negative, even though it is natural or the given nature of things. But to me, that is the nature of this physical world.

I see positive as harmony. No violence, no conflict. Working together as a whole for the whole, which is not what animals do. Even plants compete for land and will kill each other as they struggle to survive. Some will poison and kill animals that try to feed off them. Many insects are violent as well.

Can animals go against the self centered animal nature? How and what goes against it? This leads to philosophy, religion, beliefs. Coming up with theories about what we are besides just an animal doing what animals are made to do. Fight and struggle to get it's needs met and live in a hostile competitive environment as a self centered competitive being.

That could be the given, our animal nature, the putting the wood on the fire. Then you are saying there may be a way to rise above that in some way, saying you believe something exists that can end the putting of the wood on the fire.

There is no rising above in any enduring sense, like, in the future that'll happen, but if you stop and look to see what 'this' is like, nothing is added in that moment. Of course the teachers will add on to it, a special breathing, an energy work, because one needs to feel in volitional control, but when you 'just look' there's just the truth, which by definition is regardless of preference and choice.

You know the question 'what is this like?" has no answer. It isn't knowledge in that objective sense, but it is known in the immediacy of subjectivity - provided one pays attention. What I'm saying, therefore, is not an answer and one has to 'stop and look' to understand what I allude to. Since it's not special nor spiritually profound, people will see 'this' and then continue to look for 'something other than this'. You see then, no one can cease to add fuel per-se, but when you become conscious of the process of adding fuel, you are the one aware and not the one adding fuel, and if you are not adding it, no one is adding it, so it ceases to be added.