Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 15-05-2012, 07:33 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malthoruk
I meant difficult for me. Whenever I do anything it is out of my own power, no help from my guardian is given. So saying that my power is the source of information is probably as best an explanation as I can give because I am the one who gathers the information, no one else helps me with that. As to HOW I gather the information is unknown to me, nor do I really care how I do it so long as when I do it, it comes from the power within myself.

I could see it was difficult for you and I'd find it a concern if it was me in such a situation.

I think we've now left the subject of the topic thread.
Old 15-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Loneblossom

Quote:
I'd like to hear what practitioners feel they are doing, the source of any information acquired..
I am not entirely sure, as I'm new to tarot, but at the moment I feel it's psychic/intuition. The cards are a tool.

Quote:
I'd also like to hear what enquirers felt about the readings they've had and where they thought any information came from.

I've had two readings. The last reading I had was a free reading that the reader was giving to everyone at a wellness centre that I worked at. I was sceptical at first (as it was an Angel Card reading and that seemed far to New Age-y to me) until the reader came up with things that were really personal and relevant to me. I cannot say for sure where all of her info came from. The reader said 'I can see this...I can feel this...' which, to me, indicated psychic ability but she also mentioned an angel looking out for me but I don't know if that was psychic or her having some connection with the angel and/or her guides. At the end of it I felt that there were areas of my life that I needed to look at, things to maybe change.

Those that I have done readings for have felt interested in gaining an insight to their lives, they sometimes like having a chat about issues (so counselling comes into it - I'm considering taking a counselling course to improve my skills in this area too). They have not mentioned or questioned where the information comes from.

Quote:
Additionally I'd like to learn what benefit practitioners feel they are providing and what recipients feel they received.
As a 'trainee' reader I feel that tarot readings help the sitters to look at areas of their lives where there may be work to be done. Or to highlight things that the sitter may be blind or in denial about. I feel that it is a tool for self-development, not for fortune-telling.
My recipients have found the readings (to paraphrase from my 'trainee journal') accurate, uplifting, chillingly clear about their issue, helpful to see areas to change, interesting. None of them have questioned, or even mentioned, where the information comes from.

I hope that this information is helpful to you Mac (cross-posted in the other forum too ) :)
Old 16-05-2012, 01:09 AM
CathyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
And their role in connection with the reading process would be.....?
Already explained that in my original post
Old 16-05-2012, 06:19 AM
kittenob

I am a newbie at reading and when I read I ask my guides to help choose the cards in turn that being the message... the information then comes from my own intuition.

As a receiver I like the clarity of issues it brings it normally highlights how you are feeling and gives you guidance on way to move on or if you are going in the right direction etc.
Old 16-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Master
mac Quote..[It's not science? Do you then think it's magic? ]

No LOL .. Not Magic ....

The one thing that can enslave or liberate you is your ...........................thought............................

quote~by Bernard/George

Old 16-05-2012, 07:21 AM
arive nan

The information comes from the subjects about which the reader is inquiring. There's no one single source for the information that can be gathered through cartomancy. Everything in the universe is information. So everything is the source of the information. Particularly the information related to the question or subject of the reading, because the relevant information can be directed towards the divination tool and the reader due to the readers will and concentration.

For example, if you're trying to do a reading that asks a question about a particular person, the information comes from that person. If the reading is about a location, the information comes from that location. If it is about the future of your love life, the available information out there about the future of your love life is the source.

It's like using a search engine on a web browser. You enter the words of your query into the search engine and sites with relevant information will come up. What is the source of that information? It depends on what you are searching for. If you are searching about how to weave baskets, the information comes from people who made web sites about weaving baskets. If you are searching for cat pictures the information comes from the cats and the people posting their pictures. There's no one single source from which the internet gets information. I think that's part of the reason why this question is throwing people off. It can't be answered in the form of a single source because it isn't a single source.

Plus, it is not usual for card readers to worry about this stuff. I am the only one I know who has spent any significant amount of time studying where the information comes from and how it gets from the sources to the readers. Because it is not common for people to find that interesting. It's far more interesting to most to just focus on reading, just like it's far more interesting to most to just surf the net without worrying about where exactly that information comes from. And that is fine. I am unusual. I bring this subject up to my tarot friends and nobody else really cares about my theories because to most people it is just plain boring. And there is nothing wrong with that. Because there really isn't much reason to be worried about it. Readers tend to see about as much reason to worry about it as most people would see reason to worry about where exactly all those cat pictures are coming from online. Generally it's much more fun to just look at the cats without worrying about it... and nobody has really been harmed by that lack of caution.
Old 16-05-2012, 07:46 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneblossom
I am not entirely sure, as I'm new to tarot, but at the moment I feel it's psychic/intuition. The cards are a tool.

I've had two readings. The last reading I had was a free reading that the reader was giving to everyone at a wellness centre that I worked at. I was sceptical at first (as it was an Angel Card reading and that seemed far to New Age-y to me) until the reader came up with things that were really personal and relevant to me. I cannot say for sure where all of her info came from. The reader said 'I can see this...I can feel this...' which, to me, indicated psychic ability but she also mentioned an angel looking out for me but I don't know if that was psychic or her having some connection with the angel and/or her guides. At the end of it I felt that there were areas of my life that I needed to look at, things to maybe change.

Those that I have done readings for have felt interested in gaining an insight to their lives, they sometimes like having a chat about issues (so counselling comes into it - I'm considering taking a counselling course to improve my skills in this area too). They have not mentioned or questioned where the information comes from.

As a 'trainee' reader I feel that tarot readings help the sitters to look at areas of their lives where there may be work to be done. Or to highlight things that the sitter may be blind or in denial about. I feel that it is a tool for self-development, not for fortune-telling.
My recipients have found the readings (to paraphrase from my 'trainee journal') accurate, uplifting, chillingly clear about their issue, helpful to see areas to change, interesting. None of them have questioned, or even mentioned, where the information comes from.

I hope that this information is helpful to you Mac (cross-posted in the other forum too ) :)

My reply posted elsewhere already...

This is a well thought out, well structured response dealing with the points I hoped to learn about. Very different from some other replies.

thank you
Old 16-05-2012, 07:55 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyO
Already explained that in my original post

I was trying to make sure I'd understood....

Your helpers, and any associated with your enquirer, indirectly provide guidance and information then - is that correct?
Old 19-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Guide

Hi Mac,

In my experience, I am controlling the cards with my extended mind.
I am giving myself the answers, not anyone or anything else.

I use tarot when I need help, when I feel too stupid to see the answer properly, or I need help in expressing it.
My 'higher' self - or, the very intelligent energy that is 'me' - gives the answer.

I haven't worked with strangers very often, maybe I will try.
In the times I have, the answers seem to connect with reality of their situation. In that case - I'm not sure what happens, but I think I'm reading the future to an extent - but only the future that I will eventually find out anyway somehow or other.
I can't see anything that I will not eventually see - if that makes sense.

It is really all about 'me'. I am very involved in the outcome, it is not a separate force directing things.
Though, I can see how it can seem like that to people.
And really, like Quintessece said, it doesn't really matter as long as the answer is helpful.
The whole 'guides' thing doesn't really sit well with me, maybe that is why I have the view I do. I suppose I just can't be bothered maintaining it.

I hope that explains my view on what happens when I read the tarot.
Old 19-05-2012, 10:11 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilucis
Hi Mac,

In my experience, I am controlling the cards with my extended mind.
I am giving myself the answers, not anyone or anything else.

I use tarot when I need help, when I feel too stupid to see the answer properly, or I need help in expressing it.
My 'higher' self - or, the very intelligent energy that is 'me' - gives the answer.

I haven't worked with strangers very often, maybe I will try.
In the times I have, the answers seem to connect with reality of their situation. In that case - I'm not sure what happens, but I think I'm reading the future to an extent - but only the future that I will eventually find out anyway somehow or other.
I can't see anything that I will not eventually see - if that makes sense.

It is really all about 'me'. I am very involved in the outcome, it is not a separate force directing things.
Though, I can see how it can seem like that to people.
And really, like Quintessece said, it doesn't really matter as long as the answer is helpful.
The whole 'guides' thing doesn't really sit well with me, maybe that is why I have the view I do. I suppose I just can't be bothered maintaining it.

I hope that explains my view on what happens when I read the tarot.

Yes I follow what you say - thank you.