Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-10-2014, 06:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sye34
I just want to point out that feeling 'powerful' is completely different to feeling 'empowered'. 'Powerful' puts me in mind of some sort of superhero! Or a Jedi....maybe one turned to the dark side! haha
'empowerment' is a term that indicates you have the wherewithal to feel confident in the environment in which you operate, and the ability supercede the feeling of fear, powerlessness etc, to be able to deal with whatever comes your way and deal with it well... and generally feel good about your natural human abilities, as opposed to your superhero ability to shoot lasers from your eyes.

Good one.
Old 25-10-2014, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwerg
There are limitations, but I'm talking about hard limitations like how much can be known and what is physically possible. Regarding what can be learned and achieved realistically (as in physically possible) there is no limit, I know how to be the next Einstein if I so wanted to. Why not? Basically I don't want to.

I think it's best to know your limitations, but you gotta push the boundaries a bit.

Quote:
There's one thing I know about learning, and that is that there has to be genuine interest present. Looking back at what I have learned about various subjects, it's absolutely amazing how much I picked up without being aware. For a long long time I've been interested in computers, and I find that learning it inside and out was almost automatic. I learned by doing, reading and seeing all on my own. I think that if I was clueless I would probably be overwhelmed by the complexity of this magical device, but since I had an interest it didn't matter because I wasn't trying. I just dealt with problems as they appeared and educated myself here and there out of sheer curiosity.

Describe a problem to me even on the phone and I can most of the time instantly pinpoint the problem and serve the solution. So yeah, it comes with personal interest. Work isn't work if you like doing it. I have a job where I have to know mechanical engineering, chemistry, computers and automated systems, and I absolutely love complicated technical stuff. While half of my colleagues are complainers who seem to deep down resent their job I just love it, and thus I solve problems probably 20 times more effectively than them. I do so because while they just drag themselves through yet another day and complain whenever there are problems, I on the other hand love the challenge of handling a massive expensive process. I can just sit right now and visualize in detail how it all works, I don't even have to be there to know.

I have crushed too many limitations to even think there is a limit, right now I'm into learning electronic music production. I love electronic music and it would be so awesome to make my own tracks. What I find exciting about it is that while there are is a great deal of creative freedom there's still lots of things to learn. Some think that creativity is just fumbling around randomly, but it's not. There are "rules" to it, except they can be bent making it commonly recognized and still have an individual touch.

When I was depressed I thought it was all lost, just gone or something. But it never goes away, I remember every single thing it's just not always in consciousness. It pops in whenever I need it to solve a problem. I keep going and I can master whatever I want, but it takes every virtue in book to do so. It's not always easy, but I refuse to believe it can't be done and I have an entire arsenal of problem solving techniques. Many of the best ones are completely counter-intuitive, like giving up completely. It doesn't work to give up, because I will inevitably pick it up later and continue with renewed energy.
Old 25-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think it's best to know your limitations, but you gotta push the boundaries a bit.
If I didn't know my limitations I wouldn't know what boundary to push. I was talking related to potential and not current limitations. It's always about making dreams come true within the limitations of reality to me, that's what makes it a challenge and also an exciting learning opportunity. It's a learning opportunity because in trying to do this, reality doesn't always work as expected. It's a challenge because I'm having to work myself around these limitations.

Problem solving and creative thought isn't exactly my weak side. It isn't always what people refer to as logical, which is mostly a common speech way of saying "my thinking collides with yours". Actual logic is way more intuitive than that, but people throw around these words without actually educating themselves on what they mean.
Old 25-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
i agree, i never said this wasn't the case, as we have the power to create and destroy. i simply stated that i don't feel powerful. and that's how i honestly feel. i'm even quite skeptic of those who say they are powerful as they may be thinking it without actually feeling it.

I don't feel powerful either. ..

Creative, determined, strong, passionate and alive absolutely

I guess where I feel 'powerful' probably has to do with choices...
The choice of how I treat people I guess...

In thinking about it... where I do feel 'powerful' is... in my communications with others... we have such a strong influence on each other and of course we also have the choice in how we react to each other but our words and attitudes are very influencial.

So I guess that I have made a sort of a turn around here haha...

I do feel powerful. . . Or maybe rather... I have realised the power of the actions I take.

It is my actions which have power... and I am giving power to my actions...

(Figuring things out as I go lol).
Old 25-10-2014, 11:48 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful-Chameleon
I don't feel powerful either. ..

Creative, determined, strong, passionate and alive absolutely

I guess where I feel 'powerful' probably has to do with choices...
The choice of how I treat people I guess...

In thinking about it... where I do feel 'powerful' is... in my communications with others... we have such a strong influence on each other and of course we also have the choice in how we react to each other but our words and attitudes are very influencial.

So I guess that I have made a sort of a turn around here haha...

I do feel powerful. . . Or maybe rather... I have realised the power of the actions I take.

It is my actions which have power... and I am giving power to my actions...

(Figuring things out as I go lol).

Just like the earth and its power spots, we too have them in us if we single them out as such, but all the same, it can be very empowering when we tap into feeling these so called power spots. Something special arises..in us..:)

I wonder why they named them power spots ? :)

I especially would love to visit a few more before I die..