Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Master
bringing this up....

Old 07-06-2011, 02:32 AM
Master
bringing this up....

Old 07-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Master
It being brought up, makes me Listen to It sing~!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 12-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Master
bringing this up....

Old 15-06-2011, 01:26 PM
chinu

Quote: " Nanak Naam jahaj hai, jo chare so utro paar hai " - #GGS

English:" O nanak!!!, "Word" is the rocket, the one who boards this rocket ... sails over the sea of illusion "

_/\_
Chinu
Old 15-06-2011, 04:55 PM
astroboy

Jahaj means ship, not rocket, Chinu.
Old 15-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Experiencer
Good to see this Post. Listening to "the Sound" is also part of what used to be called Kriya Yoga. I do small carvings and inlays of various things made in to jewelry etc for a living. When we're at Market folks ask me what the OM symbol means, and the shortest explanation I've come up with is that it's the sound of Everything all together at one..You can't say it's the sound of God.... too much weird **** attached to that word for most folks....including myself (that's why I tend to use it as much as I do, trying to stand up to my own ****) he he . When I was younger this meditation upon the Sound (along with it's counterpart, meditation upon the Light) was the first method my Teachers gave me in this Life..... Very very effective. Then they went on to show me maybe 2o or 30 other methods that also had the same end result (union with The Light, or SPIRIT) . They wanted to show me the 7 primary paths of meditation, and sub paths so I could eventually teach folks the paths that were the best for them. That was over 30 years ago and a lot has changed in the Cosmos...The Quickening as they are calling it has changed many things. I used to consider which of the Seven Rays a persons Soul...and Personality were operating on, to be able to suggest a meditation that would work best for them.... But as I say, things have changed. And I've come to a new Conclusion. Every technique has eventually the same goal, which is Oneness with Source, with the Light... (Not Light as opposed to Darkness....Light that encompasses everything)....anyway my conclusion is this.. Many of us here have spent centuries following this Path we're on.... Our eyes glued to the road we were treading, we've basically been obsessed with our paths, and over that time we've traveled probably most or all of the 7 Rays. Now it occurred to me that all the hundreds or maybe thousands of techniques (Paths) that we can use to reach the same destination.... are kind of Old News. If the Goal is the Light/ Sound.... which it is, then why not follow a course of meditation where that is the focus. I mean certainly there is merit to following whatever path our soul is currently traveling...I personally am on the 4th Ray..( Harmony through Conflict).. Not really a lot of freakin fun.... And although one's like the 5th (Concrete Science) is really a blast, as is the 7th (Ceremonial Magic)....... I have come to feel that, why diddle around, just go to the Source.... Focus on the Sound/Light.... In all the various styles I was taught, that really seemed the most straight forward. Plus attaining ability with that can make the death experience a lot more ..... powerful, as well as any jaunts upon the astral plane where the most benefit is derived from not hanging about, but passing through into the Light which appears on the other side...
The Sound and the Light are the same thing, only perceived in a different way....both lead to the same place, so for those who tend to be more visual, the Light is probably beast, for those who are more auditory, the Sound is probably best.

I think the best source of information into this style is "the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali), sometimes called the Father of Yoga, and possibly a teacher of Jesus. If you can get older translations you are probably better off..... to much glamour and illusion seems to be connected with the "Newage" movement, and so many are just in it for the money.... But if you can handle the Language ...Alice Bailey in the 30's channeled a teacher of mine who Translated it..... If the language of that is difficult there was a book written back in the 60's or 70's, I'm sure it's out of print, It was Called, This is Reality, by Roy Eugene Davis.... I think he was a student of Paramahansa Yogananda......
That translation was written in this time with language much more easy for most folks to digest......

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali is also called the "Science of Union"...and the beauty of it, over most of what you see today which is just regurged info....is...... how do I explain....... Everything is built by a certain pattern in a certain order.... humans included. The path to Union is basically tearing down the prison we created for ourselves in the first part of our evolution. The best way, the only really viable way to tear down the prison, is in the opposite order that it was built..... that way there is a coherent flow to it. The yoga Sutras are so perfect in that they understood that order and the Teachings are arranged in the proper order to give the most benefit. There is so much Power in that, compared to just picking this point and that in a haphazard fashion, which most of the New Age stuff I've seen does.
Anyway keep it up, I think it's, for this day and age...... a superior technique.
Old 15-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Master
I have come to feel that, why diddle around, just go to the Source.... Focus on the Sound/Light....

Well said, Jeff.

Xan

Old 16-06-2011, 02:57 AM
Experiencer
Thanks Xan, I'll tell you something funny.
Like I mentioned I think in this thread my Teachers, after showing me the Meditation on Light and sound.... showed me many dozens of other methods.... and they ended at the same place of course. They had this rule of 3, that basically I was not to do any of the methods more than 3 times, because it would become a "habit" and I would tend to gravitate in that direction, making it much more difficult to learn new techniques.... Well naturally I didn't listen...... Now I don't know if my Teachers were somehow responsible for this, but every single thing they showed me....was just so easy for me. Walkin through walls, travelling through water, manifesting things, and dispersing the atoms of things to make them appear to disappear..... all sorts of wild and crazy stuff.... most of the crazy stuff my own ides based on lessons I'd learned. I followed all these different Paths to the Light..... It was really amazing..... But like I say I cheated.....
Well I came to have a ....major life event, where for "love" I made a choice on the astral plane to do something my Teachers told me not to do.... and really screwed things up. I call it my Humpty Dumpty episode. It's a long story and I'll probably end up sharing it later.... but basically it drastically de-evolved me. Basically from what I call my Constructs shedded skin, I re absorbed a lot of **** I had dropped..... The thing is, us humans ...um, we form in a very specific order, I mean we are built upon our lessons in a certain natural order..... When I collected back the old pieces of myself I wasn't aware of this, so it was all jumbled up.... EVERYTHING CHANGED in that moment. I became Painfully Psychic. I could feel, hear...folks for about I figured a square mile around me... I would experience their infirmities, their emotions and their thoughts... I lived in an apartment in the middle of a city with my wife.... Not only was I painfully psychic now, I kept going into the Light.... without making any attempt.... I was a lineman then, I'd Flash into the Light on the top of telephone poles..... then at one point I couldn't seem to stay out of the Light.
So well, I had to quit my job, my new wife and I moved into a VW bus and headed as far from humans as we could get... I was able to heal folks, if there was just one of them in my camp..... I'd basically ....encompass whatever their "problem"....usually start convulsing.... then my only option for salvation was to go into the Light... When I came back...they were healed, Pretty cool.... but it was very hard core for me...Jeeze, I'm really digressing. Well I figured out a way to sort of Maintain..... very damaging to me in the long run as I knew it would be, but I had to function....
Anyway the point I was going to make was I found out why the rule of three...
Every time I'd decide to sit down and meditate I'd start out doing say Kriya..... then as soon as I got to a point I came to call "God's doorstep" which was that point where you finally let go to the Light.... I'd be drawn to do some other technique.... yoga of the Psychic heat was cool, ... and basically I'd go through the whole repertoire of styles I'd been taught....but as soon as I got to God's doorstep.... I'd shift to another.... It was like some kind of Hell Realm .

So now.... no more fancy stuff.... stickin to the Basics, which i believe is Yoga of the Sound and Light......
Old 16-06-2011, 07:10 AM
astroboy

Can anyone here help me figure this out?

ਵਾਜੇ ਪੰਚ ਸਬਦ ਤਿਤੁ ਘਰਿ ਸਭਾਗੈ ॥
The Panch Shabad, the five primal sounds, vibrate in that blessed house.

ਘਰਿ ਸਭਾਗੈ ਸਬਦ ਵਾਜੇ ਕਲਾ ਜਿਤੁ ਘਰਿ ਧਾਰੀਆ ॥
In that blessed house, the Shabad vibrates; He infuses His almighty power into it.
(Page 917 SGGS)
Closed Thread