Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 16-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
An example of how to achieve Nirvikalpa Samadhi is with mindfulness.

Everyone is aware of the meditation practice of mindfulness, of watching ones thoughts. The finer points of mindfulness is that as one is observing it is the ego that is grasping at the observing of a thought.
Another thing I would also like to add here...

There is a point at which Dhyana and Dharana merge, it is the ultimate mindfulness technique, in which thoughts don't have to be watched...it is called trataka. It is the distraction of mind from those thoughts which arise.

I am a natural gazer and my meditation consists of staring at a candle flame until I can bring the glow into my Ajna Chakra...staring at my own eyes in a mirror until I can no longer see my face...immersing myself in a yantra or mandala until my whole conscious awareness is drawn into the centre of it...and if any thoughts arise, I bring my attention back to that awareness...eventually, they get the hint and stop...and then 4 hours passes like 4 minutes.

I also do pranayama including Nadi Shodhana, Sheetali and Sheetkari depending on which nostril the prana is flowing predominantly...then, when thoughts come, the awareness goes straight back to the breath.

These things are the whole 'mainstay' of my spiritual sadhana, along with worshiping Shiva...

...but I digress.
Old 16-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Master
Very nice Shivani.

Nadi Shodhana and Sheetali are both very gentle pranayama techniques.

If you would like to try something a little more powerful I would like to suggest the following.

Quote:
Disclaimer - the below practice is usually done for the first time with the energetic support of a lineage teacher. This page has been charged with a light/energy transmission to give such support. If anyone has any specific questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.

Primordial - Foundation Energy Practice - Internal Fire

Sit cross legged (or in a chair) with back straight in a comfortable position. Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth and take a few deep, relaxing breaths. Rest your hands in your lap and let the tension drop from your body with each breath.

Picture the sun high above your head. Feel the radiant warmth of the sun for a few moments. Then feel a powerful sunbeam coming straight down from the sun and hitting directly on the top of your head.

Feel the warmth of the sunbeam on the top of your head. When you have the warmth, imagine that the light starts flowing through into your head, filling the third eye and sparkling as it does. Then continuing down, tickling your throat as it goes by, and down into your heart. Feel the warmth in your heart as it radiates out to fill your entire chest cavity. Make it as bright as possible.

When this expanded heart space is a bright as the sun... Send it deep down through your legs and feet into the ground. Then push deeper and deeper like a laser beam into the center of the earth.

When the beam hits the center of the earth, feel it hit the magma, which then returns a powerful flow up and up, through the earth and back up through your feet and legs and exploding into your heart. Feel your heart grow. Feel it grow until it encompasses your entire body. Rest in your expanded heart for a few moments. Then send a beam back up to the sun and feel it respond with another flow back down to you.
Know yourself as the center of an energy loop connecting the Earth and the Sun through your body and based in your heart.

Like fire rising and water flowing down.

Hold this image as brightly and clearly as you can and give the divine intent for it to continue flowing in that way. Your subconscious will now maintain the circuit flow, while you continue with daily activities.

This practice should be done eight times daily until it becomes stabilized (usually around a month). There is no need for concurrent repetitions and it may be done at any quiet time during day.

http://community.livingunbound.net/i...s#comment-1499

I typically tell people to start with 5 mins of Internal Fire prior to meditation and work your time upwards to 10 - 15 minutes prior to meditation.

The above is a very effective practice. Try it and let me know what you get :)
Old 16-11-2017, 04:35 PM
Master
I first started practising 'internal fire' around 25 years ago, I would like to point out it does not require a teacher/guru of tibetan lineage, anyone who is practising energy techniques can explain the basics, it is visualization, nothing more. Btw you can do it while standing which is very effective as you can feel the energy from the ground, barefoot is best...
Old 16-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I first started practising 'internal fire' around 25 years ago, I would like to point out it does not require a teacher/guru of tibetan lineage, anyone who is practising energy techniques can explain the basics, it is visualization, nothing more. Btw you can do it while standing which is very effective as you can feel the energy from the ground, barefoot is best...

Please show me a reference to internal fire anywhere that is not from Jeff. Internal fire is only a few years old :)

A transmission is used in Buddhism for instance to help one with the practice. While not needed it can help a lot!

Also, pranayama is much more than visualization. That is only part of it.
Old 16-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Suspended
Ascender

sentient:

Thank you for your answer.
Old 16-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
A transmission is used in Buddhism for instance to help one with the practice. While not needed it can help a lot!

Who is your teacher / lineage / transmission authority out of curiousity?
Old 16-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Who is your teacher / lineage / transmission authority out of curiousity?

A friend that is realized like I have been talking about for pages now.

Transmissions are also part of what I call sharing the light.

Here he is sharing his experience.

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/42858-my-experience/

Here is a Q&A about our practices from members of the forum.

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/41978-q-a-for-jeff/

Here is another that we share with new people.

http://community.livingunbound.net/i...from-the-road/

Here is an example of some of the terms and practices.

Quote:
Q1- When you "hug" someone what are you doing with them, ie energetically what is going on

Before I would ever hug, when I first interact with people, I will often ask if I can "stop by" or "check on them". When I stop by, I do not astrally visit or remotely send energy. It is more like that I deeply know that nothing separates me from the other person, and hence nothing does. It is more about what I am focusing on, kind of like if you focus on an individual part of your body (like a fingernail or toe). So it becomes kind of like sharing presence (or space) with the other person. When focused, I can directly know/perceive the person's relative clarity and structure/openness of the energy/light body.

A hug would be an extension of above, kind of like adding active connection or engagement. Like with any physical hug, it can be simply social or it can be deep and heartfelt. Kind of like if you are having a bad day, and someone gives you a loving hug, it can help you release or let go because someone cares. An energetic hug is like that, but since I am sort of in the same space, it is not just an outside contact thing, but more like hug that energetically can touch all levels of your being.

But, the depth and power of a hug is really more found in the acceptance (and how much of) of the hug. And more powerfully, if one hugs back. Consciously hugging back sort of helps expand it all and take it to a higher level.

So at the simplest level, it is kind of like energetically sharing caring and love, with the person possibly accepting it, and then later returning it in kind of shared space of oneness.

One final note... A hug can feel so good (or powerful), that it is possible to become attached to the hug and energy rush itself.

Diving - This is a short hand term for a specific type of group meditation which is led by a group leader. Similar to the hug described above, it is kind of like a group hug with the leader providing the "space" for the group. The "diving" name relates to the practice taking the group deeper (or higher depending on your perspective) in consciousness which can be felt by the participants in the group. At these greater depths, the mind quiets, making it easier to release issue and fears. The practice itself is a modified form of practice from Kashmir Shaivism.

Merging - This is probably one of the most misunderstood terms of people that use it. Ultimately, a merge is a full overlap of consciousness with another being/person. Kind of like two concentric circles fully overlapping. But, being able to do a full overlap is very rare as the merger's own issues and fear limit the level of merge. Hence, what most people call a merge often becomes more of a hybrid of a merge and a hug.

Going light - It is kind of like people exist in a bubble of sense of self. To me, people (and beings) are more like obscured blobs of light, with those obscurations being the issue, fears and karma that keep one locked into that individual sense of sense. "Going light" is beginning to break down that bubble. It is very hard to describe without the personal realization, but one starts (if only for a moment) to shift from "seeing" to more "being". In more classical chakra terms, it would starting to open the eighth chakra (classic seven chakra model).
Old 16-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
A friend that is realized like I have been talking about for pages now.

Thanks, I'm not asking for your marketing brochure or a diversion.

I am asking who is your Tibetan teacher, what lineage they are in and who authorized you to give transmissions?

If you don't have an authentic lineage, you could just say it - i.e. I'm self taught and a few internet buddies and I agree about each other's authenticity so we decided we can go about teaching others using key words

It's fine - it seems that the internet is ripe for such people (look at all the leanings of Iamit/Iamthat) - but at least please don't claim that you are representing or actually teaching Tibetan Buddhism.

As to the quote, it sounds like material ripe for a cult. It's such a pity that so many good traditions have come to all this.

BT
Old 17-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Master
Thank you for the list you shared jonesboy.

The point that was ‘looking at me’ from your list was this:
Quote:
level 7 - Classically called the open crown, this is when you start to get cracks in the local mind version of sense of self. One starts to notice/touch the divine/light. Anyone who reaches this stage will often experience a divine being (or guru) to help them cross over into the light/divine. No fear of death at this stage.
That to me spells out the time, prior to awakening & initiation.

Open Crown – yes, check.

Divine Being or Guru - well sort of yes.
If at this stage it is “Kundalini” (whatever Kundalini is) that rises to meet up & merge with the descending Spirit ........
well, if this so called “Kundalini” can be equated with “Windhorse”, then I semi-understand what Kundalini is, except I know “Windhorse” a bit better from the Shamanic version as Tulpar or as Hiimori.

It is more like a Divine function rather than an entity, yet the image of it stood clear.
Tulpar ready and waiting on the Charnel Ground for a rider, indicating a safe crossing:
Quote:
From a spiritual point of the charnel ground represents the death of ego, and the end of:
• attachment to this body and life
• craving for a body and life in the future
• fear of death
• and aversion to the decay of impermanence.
Are raising Kundalini and raising Windhorse similar?
Are they comparable?
Old 17-11-2017, 05:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Please show me a reference to internal fire anywhere that is not from Jeff. Internal fire is only a few years old :)

Also, pranayama is much more than visualization. That is only part of it.

Inner/internal fire visualizations are used in all Martial Arts and TCM Jonesboy, Jeff didn't invent this practise His disclaimer and lineage add- on made me chuckle...

What you are doing in these practises in harnessing Universal Energy from the heavens and the earth and moving it around the Meridians.

Bodhidharma was teaching this thousands of years ago to the Shaolin Monks, another name for this practise is Qigong....

What's Jeffs ' Lineage ' , btw...