Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 02-05-2017, 03:02 AM
Master

curious about something

i hope i haven't asked this before... if I did I don't remember the answer and I need a refresher

sometimes I will have a dream, and in the dream I get somewhat conscious that I've been in that dream before. I wouldn't call it 'lucid' as I'm not so much aware of dreaming as I am that I've been in the dream before. But what happens next is pretty constant... the dream plays out but it is less intimate than before. By that i mean some of the things that were in the original dream kinda get glossed over as if I didn't find it important enough to repeat; a lot of details get lost. Almost like the fact that I know where the dream is going makes me not want to interact so intimately with what is actually happening.

Anyone heard of this before?
Old 02-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator
I would say the consciousness itself is the message. Do you have a tendency to lose interest in tasks, projects or goals once you have been doing them awhile? do you get bored easy? Once things have lost their mystery and newness many tend to lose interest. I think the dream is possibly trying to bring your awareness to this to maybe help you learn how to see things through to the end. Or possibly the dream is trying to bring your awareness to only what is super important in the dream. All the details of our dreams are symbolic but there are larger points and less important details as with any story.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Pathfinder

Do you gloss over details in the dream because you remember them from the first time?

What are the details that still remain and stand out to you in recent replayings of this dream?

I agree with Michelle11 that the dream could be drawing attention to the parts that are most important. I also feel that if you are having the same dream several times, there is a message here that you may not have fully grasped.

I find it helpful to keep a dream journal and to write down everything you remember as soon as you wake up. This is especially useful if the dream is vivid, but even if it's hazy, you could still jot down basic bullet points. Like any colors you see, emotions you feel, key events, etc.

Since you've been having this dream several times, it can help to look back and tell how many times you have had this dream, and also compare what you're able to remember each time. :)

If you ever wanted to share the specifics of this dream here, I think a lot of people on this site (including myself) enjoy trying to help interpret them! :)

Peace&Light
Old 02-05-2017, 10:38 PM
Master

thanks for your input.

it isn't just one dream, it is a common theme in various dreams... that is why I asked it as a general question rather than describing a particular dream.

in real life I've in some ways been kinda like a dog not letting go with my teeth... I set goals and then reach them despite a lot of animosity on the part of others and sometimes mind-searing boredom at continuing with things I am so *used* to. But lately I've coming to question the wisdom of that. Wondering if I shouldn't just quit and let go? Maybe the dreams are somehow speaking to that?
Old 03-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
thanks for your input.

it isn't just one dream, it is a common theme in various dreams... that is why I asked it as a general question rather than describing a particular dream.

in real life I've in some ways been kinda like a dog not letting go with my teeth... I set goals and then reach them despite a lot of animosity on the part of others and sometimes mind-searing boredom at continuing with things I am so *used* to. But lately I've coming to question the wisdom of that. Wondering if I shouldn't just quit and let go? Maybe the dreams are somehow speaking to that?

in my opinion, that's a good start at understanding what your glossed over
dreams are speaking to. rather than focusing so intently on specific goals
for this mundane existence, perhaps you could "lighten up" and reach for
a wider perspective on what this life offers to you (without such efforting).
think from the perspective of your "higher self" -- what would the benevolent,
all-knowing you wish for your earthly self? wouldn't it involve getting on well
with others, rather than causing (or contributing to) animosity? relaxing and
taking time to smell the roses on the way (noticing those details) might
prove more rewarding than the strategies you've used prior to now.

it's said that you can know you're 'on the right path' (in life) if you're
experiencing joy and interest along the way... boredom is a sure sign
of having strayed from your personal path towards who you'll wanna be.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Master

hi horace, i hear ya... but it is much more complicated than that.

I'm nicer than I was though. I used to be much worse
Old 04-05-2017, 06:14 AM
Master
"complicated" can be an evasion. the important things are generally pretty
straight forward, and they can be recognized without difficulty. the mind
enjoys amusing itself with what-ifs and scenarios of possibilities and
contingency plans, etc... but those complexities tend towards confusion
rather than clarity (imo). keep it simple.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
thanks for your input.

Saying this kind of speaks to the boredom factor at play. It may be affecting your joy in life. So much so you may not want to continue on doing the same old thing just because you are use to it. You no longer want to deal with the mundane details of life. Maybe take some time to consider pursuing something of great interest to you. Some people are just naturally bored very easy and you may need challenge and something new more often than others. Maybe the dreams pop up giving you a clue it is time to move onto something new or to simply address the habit of getting bored easy. But it definitely fits with the dreams of not wanting to bother with getting intimate with the dream and being bored in life. So very possibly a heads up that things are starting to stagnate for you when the dream comes around.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
"complicated" can be an evasion. the important things are generally pretty
straight forward, and they can be recognized without difficulty. the mind
enjoys amusing itself with what-ifs and scenarios of possibilities and
contingency plans, etc... but those complexities tend towards confusion
rather than clarity (imo). keep it simple.

hehehe... I can always depend on someone to blame me for something I didn't do. But I guess what goes around comes around

Well actually I feel like one of those resonating bowls but I got sick of the sound. But if i try to dull it out and stop resonating someone comes along without fail and starts it up again... immediately... and the sound used to be non-stop. Used to make me very mad that I couldn't stop to smell the roses because there was always someone to push me to go further
Old 04-05-2017, 10:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
Saying this kind of speaks to the boredom factor at play. It may be affecting your joy in life. So much so you may not want to continue on doing the same old thing just because you are use to it. You no longer want to deal with the mundane details of life. Maybe take some time to consider pursuing something of great interest to you. Some people are just naturally bored very easy and you may need challenge and something new more often than others. Maybe the dreams pop up giving you a clue it is time to move onto something new or to simply address the habit of getting bored easy. But it definitely fits with the dreams of not wanting to bother with getting intimate with the dream and being bored in life. So very possibly a heads up that things are starting to stagnate for you when the dream comes around.

Well to be honest I never really wanted to deal with this entire life it just got forced on me. Although in some ways I suppose I got what I deserved... Anyway for a long while I tried to find an 'out' if that makes sense. I'm a little more lucid now But maybe you are right, maybe there is an aspect of my life i am ready to give up going forward