Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 12-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Experiencer

It is difficult to open the channel, to surrender, to just let things flow. You will get better with more and more practice. Just reflecting on this, I had an "aha!" moment. I had thought for several months that I had to physically think about drawing in the energy/spirit (from all around me, from the earth, from the divine, etc.) and then channel it through my body and then out through my hands. But then I realized, it's not me who's really doing anything other than being the channel. The intake, flow and release of energy is all up to spirit. So the less I try to concentrate and think about the actual logistics of what's happening, the better things will go and the more effective channel I'll be.

And it's definitely helped. I am able to keep myself fairly clear and open in a session and I don't "work" as hard...if that makes sense? I surrender and leave it up to spirit.

It's a process. I remember in the beginning, I was all about "How does it physically feel and what does it mean?" Am I sensing tingling? Energy flows? Chakra spins? What? What is that? What did I just feel there? What does that mean? Was that me? Was that her? Now that I've learned to let go and trust the process, I am able to start fine tuning my insights so that I can try and help folks. It's awesome.

Reiki II, as you probably know, you'll get two more symbols - a "mental/emotional" one and a "distance" one. For me, this is when things really started to ramp up. My ability to sense disturbances in the chakras came out and I figured out my ESP form. Clairsentience. I "feel" when a chakra is out of balance or blocked or sluggish. Feel as in I cry. Which is something I am going to have to control. I can't go around snotting and crying all over folks! LOL

Also, I am amazed at how well the distance stuff works. As a west coaster (US), I've done work on folks in Australia, Slovenia, east coast and they all "felt" the same in intensity. It's very cool.

Wow, sorry for the ramble! I don't claim to be an expert but if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer.
Old 13-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Knower

Thank you so much for your insight sapphyretwins. I have been trying to channel everything into my Reiki. I will try to just do it tonight and not try to work at it.

My master said Reiki 2 shouldn't be done for at least 2 months after Reiki 1. I am a bit concerned about the mental/emotional stuff as Reiki 1 did dredge up a lot in me. I don't know how people can learn 1 & 2 together! I think I'd be a mental mess for a few days!

I will certainly stop trying to make it happen and just let it happen on it's own. Thank you so much for sharing your information! The books don't explain it how you did! I truly appreciate your insight.
Old 13-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Experiencer

I am glad you got something from my message. :)

Have faith that you will get exactly what you need from this process. You will know when it's time to get your next attunement. And I am sure you will go through some "stuff". This processing of emotions and feelings and healing ourselves heals the world, too. Healing is important, whether it is yourself or another.

How did your session go last night?
Old 14-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Knower

It has been a huge healing process for me. I've been able to work through a lot of things that I hadn't quite figured out yet.

My session went well last night. I tried to clear my mind and just breathe. I am concentrating on what my body feels like. I do feel from my hands, but not always. Clearing my mind helped a lot!

I did feel the power when I finished my session and gave it to my puppy. I could feel the energy off my hands and through her body. She woke up immediately but then put her head back down and was enjoying it!

I don't think I'm ready for Reiki 2 yet. Once I have myself ironed out a bit more, then I will take it.
Old 28-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Experiencer

How are things going with you Tail11. Have you been doing sessions with other people? Or are you more practicing with yourself and your puppy?
Old 29-05-2014, 02:36 AM
Knower

Hello sapphyretwins! I have been mainly practicing on myself and the puppy. The pup is starting to relax for Reiki now and really seems to be enjoying it. I just received my massage table and associated supplies, so I'm going to set that up this weekend. I have a friend that is willing to let me work on her. I have my Reiki meetup next week too. I think in time I will start working on others more, but right now I'm concentrating on me - something my master highly recommended.

I've been doing what you have suggested and just letting Reiki flow. I have been monitoring myself more and I can feel some differences in the heat of my palms in some areas of my body from one day to another. I am also starting to feel the energy flow down to my toes. I gave myself a treatment on Sunday that lasted 1 1/2 hours. I felt like I was in a trance when I opened my eyes!

How is your practice going?
Old 02-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Experiencer

I need to practice on my pup more. Every time I get serious and put my hands on him to try to do it, I am overcome with emotion and tears. He has a heart condition and honestly I am having a hard time dealing with thinking of his eventual passing. I know I need to release that sadness and fear so he can get some benefit. It's just hard. :)

Other than that, my practice has been going great! I'm contuining to pick up on mostly emotional things and blockages/imbalances in the chakras from the receivers. Working on clearing and rebalancing the chakras and channeling healing energy. On occasion I will sense physical ailments but my abilities seem to be more in tune with the emotional aspect. With one session, I had ear pain in my left ear before the session even started. Turned out she was suffering from a chronic ear infection in her left that was currently acting up! And another time, I felt nauseous and turned out that the receiver had some abdominal pain and nausea! Pretty awesome stuff!

Let me know if you're willing to be my guinea pig. I am still doing sessions to refine and hone my abilities.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Knower

I'm sorry to hear of your dog sapphre. It hurts us to see our little ones sick. I'm sure he would love some Reiki. I'm looking into buying a book on Reiki for pets. I'd like to volunteer some of my time to give the shelter pets Reiki.

I'm glad your practice is going well. I don't understand cleansing and balancing the chakras yet. My master didn't go into that, so it must be in the Reiki 2 class. I'm feeling certain chakras coming alive though. Not all of them in the same session, as it seems to move from chakra to chakra. I have my Reiki meetup tonight and I'm looking forward to it.

Of course I'm willing to be a guinea pig! I refrained because I wanted those that need it would receive it first since I can give Reiki to myself. I welcome more! Do you need me to PM you with particulars? Thanks!

Best to your little guy.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:30 PM
elisi

tail11

shelter pets will benefit greatly. that's great what you're doing.

my friend helps at her vets. after he saw what she did for her cat that he doctored, he said, 'i don't know what you did, but i want you to do it for all my animals.'
Old 04-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Experiencer

I think volunteering at a pet shelter would be so rewarding. :)

I'm still learning about all the chakras and understanding what it means to be blocked, out of balance, how to clear and rebalance and all that. It's a lot to take in. I think it will just take time. My training was sort of non-conventional/traditional and my spiritual mentor/teacher is very much into chakras so she definitely went into them and explained them. I am not sure if your Reiki 2 class will; I don't know if that's normal... For me, I really feel their energy and it's very helpful in knowing what the client needs or helping them realize it for themselves.

That's really great that you're feeling the chakras come alive! Since you don't feel them all in the same session, I wonder if it means you're sensing ones that need attention? Or ones that or strong? Are you able to sense the direction that they spin?

I am sure you will have a great experience at your Reiki share tonight - please let us know how it went! :)

Thanks for agreeing to be a guinea pig! I will PM you and we'll set something up.

Elisi - That's an awesome story! I get chills when I read things like that!