Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 31-12-2023, 12:23 AM
Master
Is that why phones ask you to clear/empty txt wessages and yet you can have many photos stored? I know nowt but what you said about the site I would guess some sort of automatic and constant pruning of earlier text that stores the lopped bits somewhere but still appears the same as it is now?
Old 31-12-2023, 02:33 AM
Master

text messages are really much smaller than photos in terms of memory use/disk space, not sure why the phones want to limit it. Unless you are just doing so much texting that the sheer amount of it is a problem....

the problem with the site is there wasn't much data being logged, but, given that it was being logged very quickly in succession, the sheer amount of it, over a long period, was just too much...

inspirit really doesnt need to be reminded of the same thing, every second, the way PHP is doing it now. I don't know what his solution will be but I imagine he will somehow find a way to tell it not to log the message over and over. He doesn't so much need to save it somewhere as just get rid of it entirely.
Old 31-12-2023, 09:12 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
I get the same ScorpioRising.
Thanks for letting me know Hemera..
Old 04-01-2024, 05:24 AM
Guide
Ref: post 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
so what inspirit was saying, is, that because we are having to use a version of 'PHP' (a software program) that the site wasn't designed for, that version of PHP is making warnings about various incompatibilities with the version of PHP the site was designed for. It does that by adding a line of text to a file in the file system for each warning....
That's pretty close. But the incompatibilities you're talking about apply to more modern versions of PHP than what we're using now.

Starting in around PHP 5 the makers of PHP decided to flood the error_log with messages about deprecated features and functions that they planned to remove from later versions of PHP. The reason we're on PHP 5.6 is because it's the only PHP version available on this server that still supports old deprecated functions.
Old 04-01-2024, 05:53 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioRising
I keep getting the message "Error code 520: Web server is returning an unknown error"..
Am I the only one, because I don't think it has been mentioned?
That probably just means that the server is busy. Try again.
I have seen that too.
Old 04-01-2024, 06:47 AM
Master
..... and I thought that code, 520, is my telephone's area code. LOL!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 15-01-2024, 05:05 AM
Guide
This is what I did to stop php's error log from growing to infinity:

Quote:
chmod 0444 spiritualforums_com.php.error.log

That sets it to read only. I know there must be a better way but that was my solution until there's a better one.
Old 25-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Knower
Question about accents in posts - I tried to spell a Spanish word earlier, with the accent on the I, and my post, when posted, got cut off just before that letter. Luckily, I had the idea to hit back, copy the rest of the text, edit the post and reinsert the rest of the text, edited the accented i to a normal one and the post posted normally.

Does the forum not recognise all characters?
Always do your best.
- Don Miguel Ruiz - The Four Agreements.
Old 26-01-2024, 07:05 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma_Eleon
Question about accents in posts - I tried to spell a Spanish word earlier, with the accent on the I, and my post, when posted, got cut off just before that letter. Luckily, I had the idea to hit back, copy the rest of the text, edit the post and reinsert the rest of the text, edited the accented i to a normal one and the post posted normally.

Does the forum not recognise all characters?

The forum's database is encoded in utf8_unicode_ci which is a subset of UTF-8 that supports accented characters (but not 4-byte characters such as emojis).

I don't know the exact problem but I don't think it's the database limitation. — ítesttt

Last edited by inspirit : 26-01-2024 at 07:58 PM.
Old 26-01-2024, 09:50 PM
Guide
OK so I found and applied a fix for the problem here:
https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...-to-be-cut-off

I don't understand why, but following that advice seems to have worked. Viola an accented i: í