Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Guide

Is this world physical at all?

Do you think it's possible that our world is not 'physical' in the way that we know it? Like a dream, could this be a grand projection?

I was thinking a lot recently about simulation theories, as well as metaphysical solipsism, which is nothing but a nightmare to think about as you know (and we're not going to talk about that one). The strange thing is that the more I ran simulation theories through my mind, the more some troubles in my mind fell into place, the more some things began to make sense. Obviously, there's already all that information out there about the universe potentially being pixelated, holographic universes, and so forth. But it's also the addition of manifestation, manipulating reality in a sense with our thoughts, and even placebo effects. I was thinking about dreams and how in them we see ourselves in what is sometimes an equally authentic and lifelike reality in which everything is 'solid' and 'physical', our senses operate, etc. We wake up and our consciousness shifts to anther place.

I was sitting at my computer recently, and at a point I had this overwhelming sense of 'I've just figured it out'. In one form or another, I figured life must be a simulation or dream. Shortly after, I had an instinct hit me. I went to a search engine and typed some words that came to me with that instinct - "so you've figured it out". I don't know what the odds are, but of all things on the internet, the first result was something about 'GOD'. I clicked it, got taken to a page from a book on Amazon, and saw dialogue in which someone basically says that the machine has just figured out that it's all a simulation. Again, what are the odds. That actually unsettled me a little bit. Then, along with some other spontaneous thoughts, which I also entered into the engine, found some other related information, including one thing that said 'you wake up when you're ready to wake up'. I also wipe all my data so it's not related to any previous searches.

What's reality? I don't know. I've had it on my mind lately. I was talking to somebody today about health. I had an injury that kept me out of sport, which did appear to heal, but the second I decide that I'm returning to action this week, get a little anxious about it, suddenly I've got more pain than I had previously. It's like it's all mental. This person proceeds to talk about health products, and I'm standing there and all I can think about is this mental game, from placebo cures to creating sensations of pain. I was thinking about dreams and how we can turn these sensations on and off with our thoughts. It got me thinking that maybe this world isn't physical at all, not in the way we perceive, just like a dream isn't despite seeming to be. Maybe the physical reality as we think it is an illusion, hence the power of manifestation and how we create realities and do all the different things we do. That's not to say it can't be that plus a physical reality. I honestly have no idea how any of this works. I just keep getting more and more of the sense in myself that maybe this reality is more like a dream, a grand projection appearing to be one thing, but isn't solid at all.

Edit: I was actually suffering from a bit of cabin fever recently (can you imagine that combined with thoughts of solipsism - good grief), so I may sound a bit absurd with my current thoughts! Still shaking it off!
Old 02-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Do I think it's possible?

I have known since I was 10 this place was made
of Dreamstuff, then big time
became solidified in my brain in the early 70s.
And over and over again...
I base my life on the fact this place isn't real.

And then they came up with the Electron Microscope!

There is no such thing as 'matter'...there is no 'matter'.

'Holographic Universe'...Micheal Talbot...?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Talbot_%28author%29

Here:
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2011/07/are-we-living-in-a-holographic-universe-this-may-be-the-greatest-revolution-of-the-21st-century.htmlhttps://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KIo9ZWejdWJF4AxL0snIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByZW c0dGJtBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMQ--?p=Holographic+Universe&vid=f949bcdc0ad1d8f73c43bf e1fa474ada&turl=http%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth %3Fid%3DWN.39Ga44yAcy1oofU4SB3aTQ%26pid%3D15.1%26h %3D208%26w%3D300%26c%3D7%26rs%3D1&rurl=

Holographic Movie:
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=youtube+holographic+universe&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Bashar explaining:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play?p=Holographic+Universe&vid=772c3717a99bcc8570 4b655b464be9f8&turl=http%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net% 2Fth%3Fid%3DWN.%252fQJ8hQ8EgfZ8MON5eFxyzQ%26pid%3D 15.1%26h%3D221%26w%3D300%26c%3D7%26rs%3D1&rurl=htt ps%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DciJqoTUXR ws&tit=The+Holographic+Universe%3A+Part+Five&c=2&h =221&w=300&l=6187&sigr=11bkj2nvv&sigt=113ndcr3l&si gi=12ntrmc1p&ct=p&age=1420981580&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av &fr=yhs-mozilla-001&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla&tt=b

Thank you for starting up the conversation, Sunset Dragon!
Hope these links work.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Lorelyen

Doesn't matter. What we create through our perceptions seems to obey various "laws". We all recognise the same objects; can understand how they work and things. What's out there is a mass of electrical charges organised into atoms that give us the impression of physical solids, liquids, gasses.

So it becomes a matter of definition to me. The world is physical because we call the phenomena we perceive "physical".

The philosophical problems remain. Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a girl? (Zhuang Tzi, with a touch of gender adjustment!) Plus, you said it about solipsism...seems to be cropping up here a fair bit of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dragon
.......What's reality? I don't know.
Again, does It matter? It's a construct. It's the data (assuming solipsism isn't viable) that allows us all to recognise objects and phenomena in common - which says nothing about how we experience them. We construct reality in ourselves, we attach labels to phenomena so we can refer to them in the abstract.

Quote:
Edit: I was actually suffering from a bit of cabin fever recently (can you imagine that combined with thoughts of solipsism - good grief), so I may sound a bit absurd with my current thoughts! Still shaking it off!
Delirium is a wonderful medium for discovering deeper things about ourselves; coming up with puzzles like this. I recall a couple of instances with flu that took me into that realm. It isn't so much absurd - you may think such thoughts are absurd because you're now trying to rationalise them - but in themselves they are as they are. I understand in that I've been there!

Old 02-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Master

My guide tells me we are in an illusion and the ones on he other side are in reality. This 3d world seems solid but it isnt really. There have been theories on this. I understood that Atoms are essentially fluid.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Experiencer
Of course you can mine the depths of the physical and come to the (incorrect) conclusion that it is just an illusion. But why call it illusory, unreal? This to me is a sort of existential nihilism. In my opinion the eastern spirituality is based on this nihilism in that "nothing is real except source".

But spirit needs a way to manifest a mirror to "experience". Not all of creation wants to exist in a whispy, gossamer, even formless state forever. The physical world is our "medium" for this experience. The physical is an extreme direction in slowing down ourselves. Particles are only spiritual essence with a defined pattern but the physical is extremely valuable still.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
My guide tells me we are in an illusion and the ones on he other side are in reality. This 3d world seems solid but it isnt really. There have been theories on this. I understood that Atoms are essentially fluid.

Again it's a matter of definition. We experience phenomena. When I see a chair I call it a chair even though it's a cloud of electrons, protons and stuff (again by definition) that impinge on my senses to tell me it's a chair. There may be nothing there at all and I'm making it all up in my imagination.

Point is, the way it works is useful to us all because we perceive stuff in common. When we both see that phenomenon we label "chair", we recognise it as a chair. How we experience it may be entirely different but it still has the properties of a chair. It can be sat upon - or stood upon to change a lamp bulb etc.

So if you want to call that chair an illusion - or reality - hardly matters. The phenomenon is recognisable to all people who have had some experience of chairs.

Habit sometimes allows us to believe in a "reality" even when we accept it just on good faith. I believe that I am replying to a real person who typed the comment I've just quoted. I doubt you think of yourself as an illusion even though you could be to me though I'm happy to regard you as really there but veiled by a million transistors and electronic impulses. You are no less real because of what intervenes!

But then....solipsism.... Or.....Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a girl (again)?
Old 02-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Guide

It's interesting reading the thoughts posted here (and links - thanks Miss Hepburn, I'll get through them slowly but surely). It actually makes me feel more grounded.

It's also interesting how our immediate reality sometimes limits thought. It's by nature, I suppose. The concept of the universe (or whatever the universe is in) being limitless in size and having no beginning can be mind boggling. I remember trying to make sense of the universe having no beginning, just existing eternally, and it drove my mind crazy for a while. I felt it was because we're conditioned to a physical world where most things have origins. We're always seeking those origins, those beginnings, so for something to simply exist outside of time and limitation can be difficult to digest. In a dream, the space we're in of course has no boundaries, no time, and perhaps no beginning and end. I remember reading in Robert Waggoner's 'Gateway to Lucid Dreaming' book about flying away from a dream zone into emptiness, before eventually flying into another dream zone manifesting itself, but that emptiness was still something, like an open and endless canvas. It's not until I shake off that 'physical' sense of myself and see the universe for what it is that it begins to make sense, and applying that to this physical world begins to make other things make sense.

I remember when I used to do remote viewing, and I freaked out a friend once. I had never seen her house in my life. She showed me a picture of an ornamental owl, then hid the owl somewhere. I caught the sense of heat and told her that I could see an iron. Go figure, she had placed it next to an iron. Although I practised remote viewing, I still knew almost nothing about it, so when she wanted me to explain how in the world I just saw into her home, I felt like I couldn't do so, unless I ditched the word 'physical', which just got in the way of everything and made most things seem impossible.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Master

The physical world is made out of energetical building blocks. My physical body is part of, and mostly only able to perceive, the physical world. But I am no more confined to this physical world than the space which exists between the energy elements.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Master

Yes, the other side is reality. We've always been saying this, haven't we.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

Habit sometimes allows us to

One of the functions of the subconscious, isn't it. A great observation I think.