Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-07-2015, 09:59 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
I dunno. I don't think any of those things are us. All of that is just projected on our movie screen. The real game starts when you can be in this world and you have taken your eyes off of the movie screen.
You meant, maybe, the fifth dimensional consciousness; being alive in the third dimensional reality, and yet not being of the third dimension, and not being trapped in the veil of forgetfulness that is the case now.

Even then you have beliefs or maybe is better to say direct knowledge which is evolved movie screen.
Old 16-07-2015, 10:47 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Thinking does not happen all the time.And not thinking is basically no belief because thought is the only way beliefs manifest consciously.
Not-thinking is not no-beliefs.
Strong subconscious beliefs will survive a half-hour of not-thinking(meditation), because you - consciousness who are not-thinking, are not your subconsciousness.
Old 16-07-2015, 11:36 PM
Master
New beliefs replacing old beliefs at this point is the key for me ,I am really enjoying and benefiting from Lou Hays mirror work ,I need new beliefs ,one may think they dont have negativity but just watch yourself for a whole day and your reactions ,refining reactions and thought and sumbliminilly taught beliefs that can go deep, the way out may be, I AM WILLING TO RELEASE THE NEED IN ME THAT CREATES THIS BELIEF.....Love ya Lou
Old 16-07-2015, 11:49 PM
Master
Quote:
That's what thought tells you. You know why? Because it likes to pretend to be the self when really, it doesn't even have consciousness. It's a funny idea that we would not exist without belief because we have periods all day long when we are not thinking. Thinking does not happen all the time.And not thinking is basically no belief because thought is the only way beliefs manifest consciously.

Something else funny about the idea we are beliefs is we have none when we are born yet we exist and experience life and have a consciousness. So no, we are not beliefs. Beliefs can be dropped and you would still be there. In fact, a person who has dropped their beliefs is MORE alive and aware and conscious than one who has not. You would be more in reality not less. Being lost in ones beliefs means you are not experiencing what is actually around you. You are only experiencing old beliefs which are in memory and your mind.

I agree.

When we let go of attachments and conditioned ideas and just be, your existence deepens into something else and it is called life...

Clarity of being is not holding onto anything, just more open and in flow of what is around you as it is including yourself.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 16-07-2015, 11:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
New beliefs replacing old beliefs at this point is the key for me ,I am really enjoying and benefiting from Lou Hays mirror work ,I need new beliefs ,one may think they dont have negativity but just watch yourself for a whole day and your reactions ,refining reactions and thought and sumbliminilly taught beliefs that can go deep, the way out may be, I AM WILLING TO RELEASE THE NEED IN ME THAT CREATES THIS BELIEF.....Love ya Lou

You are right this is a point of retraining old beliefs, into being more connected in feeling of who you want to believe yourself to be. I did this work for a few years when retraining my old beliefs about myself into positive light. But beyond that there is a state of Just being. Open to what is with feeling your enough as you. And everything else falls away.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 17-07-2015, 12:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by acitak
Not-thinking is not no-beliefs.
Strong subconscious beliefs will survive a half-hour of not-thinking(meditation), because you - consciousness who are not-thinking, are not your subconsciousness.

What if it is both?
And what if it is neither?
And what if it is nothing, yet everything and is aware of this?

Is awareness a belief?

Old 17-07-2015, 09:08 AM
Lorelyen

Aren't you all lucky that you have words to play with?

Old 17-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

Hey its, fun why not? Just like you have in your reply..

Old 17-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

Our soul or conscious energy has a lot more to it than just a ball of pure energy. Obviously, our soul has identity. Every soul is unique. So things like "belief" and "knowledge" and "intelligence" can exist in energy form and outside the physical body. It's like how you can see things in dreams even though your eyes are closed.

Our souls do have memories, beliefs, and thoughts. It's just these things are very different when experienced outside of the human body. They are physical in nature from the body and out of the body they are energy in form and less mechanical and habitual.

Actually, things like enlightenment would be impossible without knowledge because it's self awareness and self knowledge that makes the transcendence of the "self" or ego possible. So "knowledge" like all aspects of self, has a physical existence and a energy non=physical existence. One is of the soul and one is of the body.

But when one is talking about belief or thoughts etc, it is usually the physical ones people are describing.
Old 17-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
I dunno. I don't think any of those things are us. All of that is just projected on our movie screen. The real game starts when you can be in this world and you have taken your eyes off of the movie screen.

Or the games you play with yourself end
And life begins and you just play and live it.
That is how I feel at least.