Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 23-08-2011, 07:14 AM
USSRangel85

Do a Rune set yourself or buying one?

For me its always better to get the Rune stone set with my own hands, I do'nt really like buying rune sets (even if they are pretty and all of that).

How do you do it?
- hand made or pre-done?

Would be interesting to see your answers!
Old 26-09-2011, 04:46 PM
scorpiowitch66

Hi USS,

I have a set of each...I bought my first set of bloodstones because they were just so pretty... The second set I have is handmade. I have been collecting white beach pebbles forever and decided they would be perfect. I hand painted them with red and sealed them with varnish.. I prefer them more...
Old 27-09-2011, 01:22 AM
iolite

I have Blume's book and runes. His was the first book out in the 80's. I've made a set out of sculpy and a set on river rocks that I got from a friend.

I honestly haven't touched them in 25 years. My daughter got a hold of all three sets when she was little and I don't think I have a complete set anymore.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Moonkissed ☽O☾ Wolf

:/ I don't have a set of Runes yet, but I plan on making my first set. I just have more of a connection with things I make myself, and I can appreciate them a whole lot more. :)
Old 05-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Quintessence

They're too easy to make to justify purchasing them. Who knows what sorts of methods the store-bought ones employ. If I get a random stick from outside and cut it into discs, I know it was fashioned in an environmentally-conscious manner. And it didn't burn gallons of diesel fuel to get to me.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Michael B.

As I've said before, it's best to make it yourself. Bought sets work just fine, but it's easier to bond with Runes you've made yourself. What you make them with, is up to you, I used some rather random items that suited me just fine. I don't have the carpentry skills to really make a set from a stick, so that worked best.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Medium_Laura

I also have one of each. One was hand made for me from cedar chips :)