Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 04-02-2018, 03:43 AM
Knower
Thank you again BT.

I easily get mixed up because "the goal" in Vedanta is nonexistent. It causes me to disrespect the Buddhist goal, which is very real. I mean no disrespect, I am merely trying to build bridges everywhere I go, it's a natural reflex to try find some middle ground.

But yeah you've just drummed something important into me. I can't go round using the word Nirvana so thoughtlessly.

Thank you!
Old 04-02-2018, 05:44 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash112
Thank you again BT.

I easily get mixed up because "the goal" in Vedanta is nonexistent. It causes me to disrespect the Buddhist goal, which is very real. I mean no disrespect, I am merely trying to build bridges everywhere I go, it's a natural reflex to try find some middle ground.

But yeah you've just drummed something important into me. I can't go round using the word Nirvana so thoughtlessly.

Thank you!

No disrespect taken!

Buddhism really doesn't mind and I'm not offended either

Yes, I have heard the myth that there is no goal in Advaita-Vedanta, but are you sure, dear one?

BT
Old 04-02-2018, 05:59 AM
Knower
Hahaha. Well, I understand both the perspective that there is a goal, and the perspective that there is not a goal.

There is a goal:
Self to be found
Ego to be dissolved

Not a goal:
You are already it [LOL]
Treating it as a goal only pushes yourself into an illusory future. To not treat it as a goal allows you to very quickly find the goal. (I guess this is a trick, not a truth tho)

As I'm writing this though, I realize yeah... there's a goal xD

I was gunna also say "nothing changes when you reach the goal", but that's utter bull. Writing it anyways cause it's funny.

Jeez, I'm purging so much garbage out my system. This forum is great!

You've just witnessed one of my trains of thought. Welcome to my mind xD
Old 04-02-2018, 06:20 AM
Suspended
Ascender

“No one succeeds without effort... Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance.”

“Your concentration must come as easily as the breath. Fix yourself on one thing and try to hold onto it. All will come right. Meditation is sticking to one thought. That single thought keeps away other thoughts. The dissipated mind is a sign of its weakness. By constant meditation it gains strength.”

“The peace of mind which permeates the saint's atmosphere is the only means by which the seeker understands the greatness of the saint.”

“Although the modes of meditation may appear to be different from one another, in the end all of them become one. There is no need to doubt this. One may adopt that path which suits the maturity of one’s mind.”

“Complete surrender does require that you have no desire of your own, that God’s desire alone is your desire and that you have no desire of your own.”

“The reply comes as a current of awareness in the Heart, fitful at first and only achieved by intense effort, but gradually increasing in power and constancy, becoming more spontaneous, acting as a check on thoughts and actions, undermining the ego, until finally the ego disappears and the certitude of pure Consciousness remains.”

“Real peace is happiness. Pleasures do not form happiness.”

"The colour of milk is one, the colours of the cows many, So is the nature of knowledge, observe the wise ones. Beings of various marks and attributes, Are like the cows, their realisation is the same; This is an example we should know.”

“The fruition of this process is samadhi which yields release, which is the state of unsurpassed bliss. The revered Gurus also have said that release is to be gained only by devotion which is of the nature of reflection on the truth of the Self.”

― Ramana Maharshi
Old 04-02-2018, 06:27 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Nibbana

Doubt it's a temporary thing.

BT

I don't know..
Nibanna and parinibanna are different states In which Nibanna is experienced.
I'm leaning towards the sense of an experience in life when Nibanna is reached.
I'm leaning towards a total cessation of any experience when entering parinibanna

Everything I can currently name, point to, label, experience, think about. Is not it.
That which isn't experienced but regarded as at the source of the experience could be it.
I don't know..

With Love
Eelco
Old 04-02-2018, 06:30 AM
Knower
Thanks once again!
Old 04-02-2018, 06:32 AM
Suspended
Ascender

slash112 - Can I borrow your website skills? That is beautiful!
Old 04-02-2018, 06:33 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash112
I was gunna also say "nothing changes when you reach the goal", but that's utter bull. Writing it anyways cause it's funny.

I would take another look at this statement.
It's is exactly that. I believe anyways.

When the void has taken the place of me.
All that has changed is that I have ceased to believe the narrative as the experience. All else is as it should be.

With love
eelco
Old 04-02-2018, 06:34 AM
Knower
Of course you can BT!

PM me for anything, I'd be happy to set you up a website, or even teach you how.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:37 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
When the void has taken the place of me.
All that has changed is that I have ceased to believe the narrative as the experience. All else is as it should be.

See bolded bit. So something did indeed change.

I know it seems irrelevant. Boy do I know. I lived for at least 2 months with a heavy paradox of "everything changes! but.. nothing changes!!?!". I guess I've still been living with that paradox, but it fades away.

But at the end of the day, something changes. hence, there's a goal.