Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 29-04-2011, 12:43 AM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendus
pls iam a newbie, do we need candle in meditation to contact a guide angel?

No, it is just a tool. You can connect with your guide/s by simply thinking about him/her/it/them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen
Then I went looking for more info and after a minute or two of searching I discovered I had set one up.

If you don't mind my prying, how is it that you had set up and altar and not remembered it?
Old 29-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Thirteen

^^It is not that I forgot I setup one, I did not truly know what I setup, until my friend suggested I find a focus object for my Altar... then it sunk in. I had setup an altar, but I did not call it that in my mind. Nor it did not dawn on me. My path is born of intuition, so sometimes I will do things that just seem natural or that I feel a calling to do, other times I seek out training and guidance in many forms, and oftentimes both.

Also my initial awakening covered much more, but in many ways less
Old 29-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Administrator
Hello

Think of the candle as a support, like a bridge that one uses to cross a river, but one is crossing to another plane of existance of demenention when one seeks to meet a Spirit or Guide.

Look at the flame of the candle as energy as that is what it be. As it moves it makes it for some easier to transcend into meditation where the connections then can be made.

Like all things take it slow, and respect that the power lies within self but tools such as candles can amp that up some.

Why one uses a White Candle is that white is puritiy and White Light is devine.

Lynn
Old 29-04-2011, 02:27 PM
David John Wright

Candle connections

Hello everyone I'm a 'newbie'.
Many moons ago I had a book called candle magick which used different colured candles for different spells.
At the time I had a massive crush on this Asian girl from the local youth club. That was the only time I could see her at the youth club because her parents were very strict.
I did a love spell using a pink candle visualising her.
It was Sunday evening and I was off to the pub. This was a place she had never been in but as I walked in I heard her voice calling me. I looked behind me and there she was!
It turned out one of her uncles had became ill and her parents had gone up North and would not be back until the morning.
My heart was racing because it was at that moment I knew magick worked.
So with the meaning behind the colour of candles is more or less related to the chakras and colour therapies. I hope this is of some help-
I will leave my first conscious encounter with Archangel Micheal and what happened to the candle for another time!! David
Old 30-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Administrator
When choosing a candle the colours come into play with means for what wants to manifest to one’s life or what forms of magicks they might want to perform.

To me its more the power of the flame than the candle. The flame represents the Light that light is the very Soul. It is the inner and outer consciousness that brings us all as one.

The candle has both a positive and a negative reputation at times. They are used for Light in one’s surroundings and for blessings and ceremonies. Too they are used in the Occult and the Dark Arts. It is not the candle but HOW the individual uses it that brings forth its energies and powers. To make the power of a candle work one must embrace that the energy of the candle is real.

When choosing a candle there are a few things to consider…..one being the part that brings forth the very flame itself “the Wick”. To some this is called the “Quintessence” - embodiment: the purest or most perfect example of something. The Fifth Element in ancient Medieval philosophy, the Fifth Element after Earth, Air, Fire, and Water.
Heavenly body.

There can be no flame unless there is the air around the candle, to oxygen that fuels it life.

The burning of candles is one of the simplest forms of Magicks it is one that can be done most anywhere and at most any time. The principles used are too very simply, focus, visualize, and have concentration on what one wants form the candle’s energy.

Candle Colours and Meanings

White - spiritual blessings, purity, healing, rest
Light Blue - peace, harmony, joy, kindly intentions
Dark Blue - moodiness, depression, unfortunate circumstances
Green - Money, gambling, luck, business, steady work, good crops
Yellow - devotion, prayer, gold, cheerfulness, attraction
Red - LOVe, affection, passion, bodily vigor, luck
Pink - attraction, romance, clean living
Purple - mastery, power, ambition, control, command
Orange - change of plans, opening the way, prophetic dreams
Brown - court cases, neutrality
Black - repulsion, dark thoughts, sorrow, evil, harm
Metallic Gold - money, gambling, luck, prosperity, success

Candle Magic the Basics

The use of the candle in Magic’s goes back to almost 300 B.C. They are linked to use in Egyptian times where they were made of tree pitch.

When used in Magic’s it is the simplest of tool to use in Cleansings and in Blessings and Spell Castings. The most common candles used be White. It is said that it being White signifies “Virgin” in nature too it be said to use a fresh candle every time. Like all things it brings in and gives out energies or vibrations it has around it at the time of use.

Traditionally White Candles are used but in more modern traditions they have been broken down by colours and further there in by meanings. I use a White one for all things I do. White is the purest of energies and White Light is Universal Light.

The candle can be used in many a thing. One can use the Candle for a Blessing or making a wish then blowing it out. The candle to can be used for Spells where one take pen to paper and writes down what one wants or desires and simply lights the candle and burns that paper into the Light. With the intentions of what be written come to pass.

Depending on where one chooses to read some say unscented and White be best other’s say one need to have a full set up. The Alter, Incense, and a candle of corresponding color to what one wants to obtain.

The common steps one’s take are preparing and alter and burning of incense the preparations of self this often means a bath in mineral or sea salts. Then the cleansing of the candle done with Sage or Salts.

One should always use a blessing or ask for Light protections before the casting of any spell. Too remember what one does might well come back on them.

Like all things candle spells are done both in the Light and the Dark .

Anointing Candles and Meaings for them.....

What is an “ Anointing Candle ? Well basically it is a cleansing and a concentration of the energies for what one is going use it for. Basically giving it, its power and intentions. This is done usually with “Oils” which is put on one’s prominent hand and rub it on the candle in with a twisting or rotation motion of the candle.

If the intention is to bring something to ye ( such as for a LOVe spell) then the rubbing motion is in a top to bottom motion. If the intention is to move something from ye ( repelling someone or something) then the motion is from bottom to top.

Most times one chants or states an incantation this can be in the form of a prayer or blessing.

MAKING sure that one asks always for the protections of the White Light or Devine God. Making sure it is burned in the service of the positive Light……Knowing all too well the path of the Darkness in Magicks I so do not condone this to be done.

GREEN-
Use for spells concerning finances, personal money and emotional healing

YELLOW -
Use for learning, memory, creativity, concentration, solar energy and mental clarity. Represents the cardinal direction East.

SPELL CANDLES-
A gold metallic finish. Just right for representing the Sun and male deities. Gold spell candles are also used in spells for prosperity, ambition and courage. Gold is beneficial in rituals intended to bring about fast luck or money, or in rituals needing solar energy.

RED-
Use for Passion, Desire, Strength, Energy and Courage.

SILV ER-
Spell candles are used in pagan rituals and celebrations. These spell candles may be used to honour the Goddess on the altar. In spellcraft they are used for psychic protection, clairvoyance, intuition and communication

BLACK-
Use for Protection, Banishing and Negativity Clearing

ORANGE -
Use for Ambition, Luck and encouragement

DARK BLUE -
Use for Wisdom, Inspiration, Prophetic Dreams

PURPLE -
Use for Psychic Ability, Spiritual Power, Astral Travel

WHITE -
White spell candles may be used to represent the universal spirit or female deities. White spell candles are often used in spells for Protection, peace, purity, truth or when insight is required. White spellcandles can be used in place of any other colour.

So much is put upon one sick of wax and wick and flame.

Lynn

Old 30-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Thirteen

^^Thank you Lynn I'm saving your post. Intuition always leads me to research and better understanding.
Old 30-04-2011, 06:46 PM
nightowl

Good info Lynn, I agree with most of what is posted. I do not hold steadfast to the color meaning list though. The colors have different meanings to me. I tend to lean towards colors that represent our angelic helpers or for ancestral heritage remembrance candles I use colors associated with that culture.
Old 30-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Administrator
Hello

Yes there are many meanings to the colours and to some NO meaning to them. It took two differnet aspects of them. Both from paths I have used them in with life experiences.

When I am working with Spirit I will say I prefer a White candle but if need to I will use what I have on hand. I simply put the intentions wanted to the candle.

Lynn
Old 30-04-2011, 08:04 PM
nightowl

Lynn,
Do you use scented candles? I use incense instead of scented candles. I actually use incense matches they burn just long enough for initiation of my ritual but do not overwhelm the space. I do use sage when dedicating or cleansing an object though.
Old 30-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Lynn,
Do you use scented candles? I use incense instead of scented candles. I actually use incense matches they burn just long enough for initiation of my ritual but do not overwhelm the space. I do use sage when dedicating or cleansing an object though.

Hello

As I am Asthmatic I have to be very careful on things like incense as it tends to be a more pungent "blast" of scent. I never know what might trigger an attack. Once even fabric softener on a set of sheets did me in.

I have some homemade candles where I was able to explain to the one making them for me how very sensitive I was so the scents used were really turned down. I have Vanilla and Blueberry one's I use the most. I too have had natural Bee's Wax one's infused with honey. Expensive though those are.

I am deathly allergic to Sage so sadly that keeps me from many Healing Circles and other rituals I would LOVe to attend. I have subsitued that for me personally with grape vine and birch bark. Creates a nice smoke but not the SMELL.

If I go to other's homes where they might well have something burning I take the puffer with me.

HMMMM the idea of a bubble bath with Pomogrant and Grapefruit oils and Blueberry Candles sounds nice.....if the kids would go outside I would.....

Lynn