Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-08-2020, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
Yes. I know a little about the Master M. My understanding is that he is one of a group of high souls assigned to our world in a teaching capacity. Thanks.

Your understanding once again coincides exactly with mine.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Perhaps the proper course is to tentatively accept the good with the promise that it will bring the bad along with it in a tempering capacity. Who knows but maybe a change will occur and the next omelette will be tastier.

I'm not minded to accept 'the bad' - tentatively or otherwise. Better to accept what's acceptable and reject what doesn't appeal to reason is what I was taught.

Change for the better would suit me just fine but 'the good' never needs tempering.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Sorry for the slow acknowledgement. Thank you. I was actually of the schooling - trust what is to be revealed, otherwise if it's not useful put it aside for now. My character does have impatience however, and that's a weakness of mine.

Namaste, and nice to meet you

J

Nice to make your acquaintance too.

Impatience is simply a human characteristic and neither bad nor good. I don't see it as weakness.

I too was taught to accept what appeals to reason and to reject what does not. Expressed slightly differently, set to one side what does not make sense to you until you find it does.

I never accept anything on faith/belief or on trust.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I understand you brother. On this forum when I get into philosophy and spirituality it's not me, James, who is the author. I am channeling Bartholomew in real time. All the "tall talk" comes from Bartholomew. That's why I often excuse myself from proof reading. I get tired. Believe me when I say that my demons are just as real to me as yours are to you. But... I've learned to manage them and they know they have not the power to overcome me. You can do the same.

James

When are you sign a posting as James/Bartholomew, whose ideas are we 'hearing'?
Old 11-08-2020, 03:56 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Expressed slightly differently, set to one side what does not make sense to you until you find it does.

I never accept anything on faith/belief or on trust.

Yes I agree..although over the years I've seen things that defy logic so those borders have been softened somewhat

Bless
Old 11-08-2020, 06:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Yes I agree..although over the years I've seen things that defy logic so those borders have been softened somewhat

Bless

I've experienced similar but I don't do belief or faith.

I can accept certain things, though, even if I don't understand them but maybe I'm more prepared to consider than I used to be.

Maybe that's what you mean by borders being "softened"?
Old 11-08-2020, 07:12 PM
janielee

"I don't do belief or faith"

A smile doesn't require anything - why do we smile? In moments of peace, that is faith.

I've seen great light before, haha not in a weird way, but beautiful, magical, life...gratitude overflows...

I'm very intellectual haha but you see, these spiritual experiences, once tasted, you can't go back.

It's like the Matrix red pill, you can't go back. And those experiences, they came, not because someone told you what to believe, but because you found out through your own practice (sadhana) and yes it's incontrovertible.

So faith is no longer a bad word, although of course the intellect (my intellect, not just yours) will always try to defend....

Love

JL
Old 11-08-2020, 07:33 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
When are you sign a posting as James/Bartholomew, whose ideas are we 'hearing'?

Both I think although sometimes it's hard for me to say. I've been close to Bart, knowingly, since 1991. We are the same temperament now.

I once was doing a public channeling session and got surprised by the sudden appearance of the historical figure Pythagoras. This, it turned out, was in response to one in attendance who felt close to him. The point here is that because of this temporary link I was close to him too. I discovered something about him that is not known in historical accounts. He had a well developed sense of humor and loved to joke especially to trick others in an amusing way. Mind you, what I contacted was an astral plane memory of the man. Why? Because for a moment my personal vibes were the same as his. We are like radio receivers in this. This analogy is precisely what it feels like when it's happening.

Funny thing about channeling. Many people do it but call it "inspiration". Artists, engineers, musicians, novelists. It is common to hear about how "god" inspired me to to this or that. Is it really god or someone else in spirit? I have often thought that had I gone into the medical field I'd want to be a neurologist. I wasn't a good enough student though and ended up a communications technician.

Now consider the problems that are identified by psychologists. Dual personalities and so on. People hearing voices? etc etc... Those said to be possessed? We've all heard these kinds of accounts. Sure, the brain is involved but exactly how?

And then there's telepathy. This capacity is slowly developing in us. But this last is a matter, more of opinion. Those who report NDE's will say they experienced it.

All this sort of thing happens to people although we may not attribute events to spiritual causes. I do not believe in "something from nothing". My position is that if something happens there is a knowable reason. I want to understand it. Knowledge begins with conjecture.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:40 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
"I don't do belief or faith"

A smile doesn't require anything - why do we smile? In moments of peace, that is faith.

I've seen great light before, haha not in a weird way, but beautiful, magical, life...gratitude overflows...

I'm very intellectual haha but you see, these spiritual experiences, once tasted, you can't go back.

It's like the Matrix red pill, you can't go back. And those experiences, they came, not because someone told you what to believe, but because you found out through your own practice (sadhana) and yes it's incontrovertible.

So faith is no longer a bad word, although of course the intellect (my intellect, not just yours) will always try to defend....

Love

JL

It is good and sensible to consider and test ideas. Faith? How about hypothesis?

Another interesting sub topic of reincarnation or channeling is the occasional report of a child born with well developed talents. A three year old who is drawn to the piano and then with minimal practice, is quite capable? We can't deny it happens but I am more interested in the reasons. To say all that sort of thing is merely a product of the electro-chemical device we call a brain is a bit much.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:45 PM
janielee

Quote:
It is good and sensible to consider and test ideas. Faith? How about hypothesis?

Another interesting sub topic of reincarnation or channeling is the occasional report of a child born with well developed talents. A three year old who is drawn to the piano and then with minimal practice, is quite capable? We can't deny it happens but I am more interested in the reasons. To say all that sort of thing is merely a product of the electro-chemical device we call a brain is a bit much.

bartholomew

How about - when I've had insights (in the now distant past haw haw) - they came with a "knowing"

Not as a hypothesis or a belief, but a download of a knowing.

As to kids with talents, indeed, but the thing with hypotheses is, everyone has one (including the hypothesis that there is no valid hypothesis)

So that's when I prefer direct knowing (but not of the intellect)

What are your thoughts>