Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 30-08-2014, 04:49 AM
Experiencer
Pendulum a way of Spirit Communication?

Please bare with me, I'm so new at all this!

I had an awakening recently, and through meditation yesterday something 'told' me to hold up my necklace which has a Blue Tourmaline stone on the end.

The thing started swinging! imagine my absolute excitement, I started asking it questions, as if it's my guide. I talk to my guide often, though I've never heard back yet. I asked if it was him, it swung harder, i asked a few questions and got responses. I was so elated!

today I tried again, and asked it to swing it in the other direction and it did! I had a great session.

I started googling "Blue Tourmaline swinging" etc and to make a long story short, came across 'pendulum' and now i know thats what i have haha.

So my question is, could it have been my guide communicating with me? I had no doubt earlier, but since researching 'pendulum' further I keep hearing 'pendulum to connect with your higher self'

Can guides, and spirits communicate to us through these pendulums?

any tips for a new user ?

Thanks!
Old 30-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Knower

First you have to practice by connecting to your higher self. Once you are very comfortable, you may connect to your guide. Being connected to your higher self is good enough for most cases though. Also clear your pendulum before you dedicate it to this practice.
Old 30-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Experiencer
How do you clear your pendulum? (sorry i could google, but since I have your eyes :))
Old 31-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Experiencer

It means to cleanse it. Running water / salt water / sage smudging / place in the earth / singing bowls / bells or clear sound / focused positive intent / salt / rice are all methods to cleanse.

Recharge by imagining white light, placing on a dedicated recharging crystal or placing in the sun or moonlight. Burying in the earth cleanses and re-charges, but mark well and check the crystal is suitable for burying.

Keep it with you for a while to attune it to your own frequency. If you want to, state your intention with regards to how you want to use the crystal.

I ask that I only connect to my higher self. I'm not ready for spirit and to be fair, I mostly use my pendulum to dowse for a suitable crystal.

Keep your mind clear when using pendulums and only use them for good. Ask your pendulum for a 'Yes' and a 'No' swing and a 'This is not appropriate' movement. My yes is a forward and backward swing, no is a circular swing, if the question is inappropriate the pendulum stops and vibrates. Sometimes it vibrates if I haven't phrased a question very well, in which case I simply ask 'Did I phrase this badly' - if I get a yes swing I rephrase, if I get a no swing I don't ask again.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:46 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
It means to cleanse it. Running water / salt water / sage smudging / place in the earth / singing bowls / bells or clear sound / focused positive intent / salt / rice are all methods to cleanse.

Recharge by imagining white light, placing on a dedicated recharging crystal or placing in the sun or moonlight. Burying in the earth cleanses and re-charges, but mark well and check the crystal is suitable for burying.

Keep it with you for a while to attune it to your own frequency. If you want to, state your intention with regards to how you want to use the crystal.

I ask that I only connect to my higher self. I'm not ready for spirit and to be fair, I mostly use my pendulum to dowse for a suitable crystal.

Keep your mind clear when using pendulums and only use them for good. Ask your pendulum for a 'Yes' and a 'No' swing and a 'This is not appropriate' movement. My yes is a forward and backward swing, no is a circular swing, if the question is inappropriate the pendulum stops and vibrates. Sometimes it vibrates if I haven't phrased a question very well, in which case I simply ask 'Did I phrase this badly' - if I get a yes swing I rephrase, if I get a no swing I don't ask again.

oh i see this now! thanks Fruitloop!
Old 02-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Vaughn

The :Higher Self

JusMail is absolutely correct all you need is connect with Higher Self.

Do a protection chant to avoid malevolent spirits.

Also, don't get too dependent on your pendant.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughn
JusMail is absolutely correct all you need is connect with Higher Self.

Do a protection chant to avoid malevolent spirits.

Also, don't get too dependent on your pendant.

would a dependancy on my pendulum stunt my spiritual growth?

Just curious as to why you said that. :) Thanks for clarification.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Experiencer

Easy to get carried away and ask your pendulum for answers to too many of your questions!

Don't use it to decide between 2 options for lunch, to ask questions about other people (without their permission) or for the type of questioning where you could use common sense to reach the answer! Also, don't ask too far into the future - the future can change
Old 03-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Experiencer
OK that is good to know, thanks Fruitloop, I think because I have just discovered it, i'm all over it, maybe i'll slow it down a bit :)
Old 03-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Manifesting29/11

The answer to your question is yes. I strongly recommend a heartfelt prayer before dowsing with a pendulum. You may want to explore using a pendulum with a chart. This allows for very specific answers not simply yes/no answers.