Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Mountain-Goat

K-PAX

Some dialogue from one of my fav movies...K-PAX.

Dr. Mark Powell: Could you tell me a bit about your boyhood on K-PAX?
Where were you born? You were, uh, born, right? K-Paxians have babies?
Prot: Oh, yes. Much like on Earth, but unlike you humans, the reproductive process is, uh, quite unpleasant for us.
Dr. Mark Powell: Could you compare the effect to something that I might understand. Like a toothache...?
Prot: It's more like having your nuts in a vise, except we feel it all over.
And to make matters worse, the sensation is associated with something like your nausea accompanied by a very bad smell.
The moment of climax is like being kicked in the stomach and then falling into a pool of Mot droppings.
Dr. Mark Powell: Mot droppings?
Prot: A mot is a being much like your skunk only far more potent.
Dr. Mark Powell: Uh, if it's such a terrible experience, uh, how do you reproduce?
Prot:
As carefully as possible.

In reference to the above passage, please, share...
What do you make of this, what are your thoughts, feelings, observations, whateva you like?
( the only guideline is this is posted in the Spirituality section)
Old 02-11-2012, 12:57 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat
Some dialogue from one of my fav movies...K-PAX.

Dr. Mark Powell: Could you tell me a bit about your boyhood on K-PAX?
Where were you born? You were, uh, born, right? K-Paxians have babies?
Prot: Oh, yes. Much like on Earth, but unlike you humans, the reproductive process is, uh, quite unpleasant for us.
Dr. Mark Powell: Could you compare the effect to something that I might understand. Like a toothache...?
Prot: It's more like having your nuts in a vise, except we feel it all over.
And to make matters worse, the sensation is associated with something like your nausea accompanied by a very bad smell.
The moment of climax is like being kicked in the stomach and then falling into a pool of Mot droppings.
Dr. Mark Powell: Mot droppings?
Prot: A mot is a being much like your skunk only far more potent.
Dr. Mark Powell: Uh, if it's such a terrible experience, uh, how do you reproduce?
Prot:
As carefully as possible.

In reference to the above passage, please, share...
What do you make of this, what are your thoughts, feelings, observations, whateva you like?
( the only guideline is this is posted in the Spirituality section)

um.....don't ever invite you to choose the movie for movie night...
Old 02-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
um.....don't ever invite you to choose the movie for movie night...
When did you first notice you and i are on very different wavelenghts, not very connected/compatible?
I began to see this only after a few interactions.

Even though i like your post, i am seeking people's thoughts and feelings etc on the dialogue from the movie.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:17 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat
When did you first notice you and i are on very different wavelenghts, not very connected/compatible?
I began to see this only after a few interactions.

Even though i like your post, i am seeking people's thoughts and feelings etc on the dialogue from the movie.

um why????
Old 03-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Buzz

I'll play. What stands out to me from the dialogue is that humans were given reasonable insentives, compared to K PAXIANS to procreate. Maybe it was deemed that if it wasn't made pleasurable, we wouldn't breed at all. As a species we don't go the hard yards for the greater good..... there needs to be something in it for us.
So how did I do Goat?
Old 03-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I'll play. What stands out to me from the dialogue is that humans were given reasonable insentives, compared to K PAXIANS to procreate. Maybe it was deemed that if it wasn't made pleasurable, we wouldn't breed at all. As a species we don't go the hard yards for the greater good..... there needs to be something in it for us.
So how did I do Goat?

Quite possibly, it helped humans find the ability to lose control at times,,,,

Although, in some cases the loss of control leads to the loss of control LOL!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 03-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I'll play. So how did I do Goat?
Quick response, full one later.
There's no right or wrong here.
I simply like to hear what people think, i enjoy people's company and hearing what they think and feel is part of that.
I already have my observations, which i will enjoy sharing, however, i also enjoy seeing what others see too.
Although i have seen this movie stacks of times, i saw something new of which i will share but it's also wondering if others see it or something similar.

And i like the "play " reference, explorations, figuring things out, sharing unique perspectives can also be fun times.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Henri77

Obviously it was simply a comic riff, very likely improvised , that didn't get cut.
I'd wager.

I believe Kevin is allowed to improvise frequently as he's brilliant at it.
Things no writer would come up with. (without use of drugs, anyway)

Oughta see it again.... the dude is a comic genius at understatement ..... Kinda interesting Jeff Bridges played the lead role in Starman, a few years earlier ..... another ET stranded on Earth

Last edited by Henri77 : 04-11-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Obviously it was simply a comic riff, very likely improvised , that didn't get cut.
I'd wager.

Oughta see it again.... the dude is a comic genius at understatement ..... Kinda interesting Jeff Bridges played the lead role in Starman, a few years earlier ..... another ET stranded on Earth

You've got a great point and I do believe you are spot on, Henri.

If I just pretend as if it's not from a movie and it's meant to be a serious exchange during the interview, then I'd say that K-Pax comes from a society/planet where 'procreating' ISn't much fun - the way he described it means they evidently don't subscribe to the sometimes pleasure-pain principle when it comes to s-e-x. Some do, some don't even here on this planet. Of course the exchange makes so little sense, that it probably would never have been missed except that humor is expected here and there throughout the movie.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
I'd wager.

In the interviews on the DVD, Jeff Bridges says he was attracted to the movie for the story,
to work with Kevin Spacey, and that he played an alien in Starman and wanted to play the opposite this time to Spacey's alien.